Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Short changed by coverage.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

I''d be interested to see how much of the football money actually comes from subscriptions to sky and how much from sky''s "partners"[/quote]I''ve seen figures for this before, I can''t remember where (maybe sportingintelligence site but can''t find it there) and private subscriptions add virtually nothing to the pot in the grand scheme of things.  The real money for Sky is in pubs where they charge an arm and a leg to allow football coverage to be shown.[/quote]The average cost for showing Sky in public places is around £400 a month, but can be a lot higher than that - claimed to be as high as £2400 a month in some venues.    They are slowly pricing themselves into oblivion imo - more and more people are realising the farcical nature of the premier league.  Ok for the top six or so big clubs, but the rest is poor value.  The future is in smaller projects, such as better coverage for the lesser leagues, with local online channels able to promote their club and get a better service for everyone, not just for half a dozen obscenely rich clubs.   Sky could do it - they would get my £40 a month if they did and I suspect it would bring in a lot more people too.

Also, I can''t see an issue about not providing coverage of a whole  match an hour after it has happened.  It means people can go to the match, then watch it through again.  For those not able to go to the match, if they want  a "live experience" they can avoid seeing the live score and simply watch the match an hour later as if it was live.  A subscription service, of course, but no reason not to have that facility imo. The best of both worlds. Everyone who wants to see the match can see it - all over the world.   The only surprise to me is that it hasn''[t happened yet.  The demand must be there - 72 league clubs, millions around the country interested in their local club - and would get more interested with better coverage - would cater for everyone, not just a select few who milk the rich cow of a few so called "big" clubs.  It would generate more money for the clubs - and whoever was running it.   

[quote user="Barossa"]It won''t work, Millwall vs Ipswich is the only 3pm championship stream.[/quote]Depends where you look - found 3 sites that say they have it (and most other Championship games) but as I said, time will tell

[Y]  Signed up - much better than I had thought, good to hear the

commentary.  Still a bit miffed I have to pay just to get Radio Norfolk

when the rest of the time I can get it free..........but the videos,

highlights and full press conferences are worth the subscription.   People were right to suggest it.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Signed up to Canary Player that is...

[/quote]

Same Lakey. Annoyed it cuts off after the game though. Great result! Happy weekend.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 17/01/2015 5:51 PM:

Signed up to Canary Player that is...

Good for you. Amazed you havent done it before, watching the game on the radio aint that bad eh? 

Just a question Lakey, why start a new thread on the same subject that you started one on only last month ? Would it have not been easier just bumping your old thread up ? [:|]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Just a question Lakey, why start a new thread on the same subject that you started one on only last month ? Would it have not been easier just bumping your old thread up ? [:|][/quote]

Didn''t occur to me. [:|]

In my opinion there will have to be a proper offering for live games at some point, it''s inevitable. Streaming will not go away and will probably be more available in the future. it''s easy to get round blocks on sites such as firstrowsports. So why not provide a legal alternative at a fair price?

And for those who say "just go to the game" well what about away games? I think many Norwich based fans would want this.

As someone who lives away from Norwich and cannot attend games very often, I would be happy to pay £300-£400 per year to be able to see ALL Norwich games streamed in high definition. That way the club are not losing out and the fan base (the customers) are receiving a value add service.

Given the choice between a crappy stream for free and paying for HD I would still go for HD.

The football authorities are missing out here and need to move into the modern age. Otherwise more and more people will go to low cost paid streaming sites to get the same benefits that people outside of the uk currently receive. Unhappy customers plus football authorities missing out on extra revenue - how can that be a good thing?

Streaming is not commonplace in the Championship and rightly so. It''s depressing that nearly every away game I go to in the Championship there''s so many empty seats in the home ends. Norwich are lucky to have the support we do.
And these illegal streams aren''t significantly affecting the Premier League. The rights have just been purchased for 5 billion odd pounds. That''s the value it still has. 

[quote user="hogesar"]Streaming is not commonplace in the Championship and rightly so. It''s depressing that nearly every away game I go to in the Championship there''s so many empty seats in the home ends. Norwich are lucky to have the support we do. And these illegal streams aren''t significantly affecting the Premier League. The rights have just been purchased for 5 billion odd pounds. That''s the value it still has.[/quote]

I actually think your point is wrong, it''s not rightly so that streams aren''t available. The fact that they aren''t is a reflection of the poor coverage the championship has on TV both domestically and abroad. That is bad for us and all championship clubs.

Streaming is a by product of popularity. IMO in both live coverage abroad and TV highlights the Championship is massively undersold as it competes against the PL (which has no interest in the Championship being more popular) and is also bundled together with the football league which doesn''t have the same level of support and quality.