Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Short changed by coverage.

I go to games, I live locally and can afford a season ticket so I''m happy.

To be honest If I lived away I would be more than happy to pay less than £1 a week for Canaries Player, giving me live commentary and extended highlights of all our games

If I moved away from the area and couldn''t get radio Norfolk it would be the first thing I did.

Presumably the revenue goes to our club. I can''t understand the problem here.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]I am unclear as to why anyone who doesn''t go to games should expect to be able to have access to high-quality TV coverage, whether live or of highlights.[/quote]

Because in 1967 whuich is the earliest I can remember watching football, when there were only two channels, we had an excellent programme on local television (Match of the Week) with extended highlights and interviews. In 2015 the BBC has nationwide available local sites.  I can access Look East anywhere in the country.  ITV has a network too.     All media companies have extensive online sites.   All it needs is for one of these companies to get their act together and either free or through subscription, offer a decent high quality product  of entertainment and coverage of clubs throughout the country in their own localities.  

Put up or shut up LDC.
You have no divine right to highlights or live coverage - what have you contributed to the club to deserve that?
You have the opportunity for extra coverage for an incredibly small fee but you turn your nose up at it because you don''t like the look of the official website.
Basically, in the kindest terms possible...you''re moaning about your own self-righteousness. Shocker.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]I am unclear as to why anyone who doesn''t go to games should expect to be able to have access to high-quality TV coverage, whether live or of highlights.[/quote]

Because in 1967 whuich is the earliest I can remember watching football, when there were only two channels, we had an excellent programme on local television (Match of the Week) with extended highlights and interviews. In 2015 the BBC has nationwide available local sites.  I can access Look East anywhere in the country.  ITV has a network too.     All media companies have extensive online sites.   All it needs is for one of these companies to get their act together and either free or through subscription, offer a decent high quality product  of entertainment and coverage of clubs throughout the country in their own localities.   [/quote]That was then, when you had regional ITV companies. They got merged out of existence. If showing extensive coverage of the Championship was profitable then companies would vie for the rights. I assume, given what is apparently poor coverage, that it has so far not been seen as a money-spinner or some kind of national sporting treasure that demands to be shown.As far as the former is concerned perhaps the fact that clubs have the equivalent of Canary Player, where you can see highlights, is a serious factor in companies not being interested. Why spend money on a programme that is rendered largely superfluous by what the clubs themselves provide?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]If showing extensive coverage of the Championship was profitable then companies would vie for the rights. [/quote]Correct. The interest in the Championship, outside of those Clubs that are in it, is minimal. And to be honest, even with many of the Clubs that are in it, interest is low. Take Bournemouth yesterday - on a long unbeaten run, scoring goals for fun, top of the league and yet even yesterday, at home against another promotion rival, they could only muster a paltry 11,300 supporters, 1,300 of which were from Norwich.Same with the Scum, on a good run and playing at home against one of the top teams in the league & they get a miserable 20,000.  The fact is that there just isn''t the Nationwide thirst for Championship football like there is for Premier League football so no TV Company is going to invest in it

[quote user="hogesar"]Put up or shut up LDC.
You have no divine right to highlights or live coverage - what have you contributed to the club to deserve that?
[/quote]

To date 52 years unswerving support, average over that time fifteen games a season. Spending more on supporting the club in a season than most season ticket holders.  Travelling over two thousand miles a season just to see a game involving my club.  Yes, I think that free highlights should be available on the Norwich site as a matter of course - preferably the whole match available.    Paying for an inferior badly presented product where I can get similar or the same thing free elsewhere, is not my idea of  money well spent. 

LDC

" Yes, I think that free highlights should be available on the Norwich site as a matter of course - preferably the whole match available."

Why? Who is going to pay for it?

It''s less than £1 per week to subscribe.

Free highlights are available every week. Have been since last season - Norwichcity.tv.
The club at the moment are wanting to get away from FLi as soon as the current contract expires, so that will mean, new website, media content provided through YouTube or something similar. So it will happen.

[quote user="Canary Island"]Call me contravershal but you could be like me and actually go to the game.

Just a thought

OTBC[/quote]

Fack off Waveney

[quote user="Jenkins"]I go to games, I live locally and can afford a season ticket so I''m happy.

To be honest If I lived away I would be more than happy to pay less than £1 a week for Canaries Player, giving me live commentary and extended highlights of all our games

If I moved away from the area and couldn''t get radio Norfolk it would be the first thing I did.

Presumably the revenue goes to our club. I can''t understand the problem here.[/quote]Exactly Jenkins                           Last week the team were playing on his doorstep and he didn''t bother and he won''t even spend a quid a week for radio commentary and highlights and then has the bloody audacity to moan about coverage, and yet he pontificates on here like some sort of super fan ...

It''s the principle though.  I mean, if I had to pay under a pound a week to listen to my football team play, and get highlights and interviews and the like, but I didn''t like the overall design of the website then why on earth would I do it?

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]It''s the principle though.  I mean, if I had to pay under a pound a week to listen to my football team play, and get highlights and interviews and the like, but I didn''t like the overall design of the website then why on earth would I do it?[/quote]i feel such a mug now... on boxing day i bought a last minute casual ticket for £35 and sat behind a bloody pillar that blocked half the pitch, and yet i still enjoyed it but now i know a quid a week is poor value for otherwise unavailable coverage i feel like i''ve been raped [:(]

i feel such a mug now... on boxing day i bought a last minute casual ticket for £35 and sat behind a bloody pillar that blocked half the pitch, and yet i still enjoyed it but now i know a quid a week is poor value for otherwise unavailable coverage i feel like i''ve been raped

I can see where your coming from, I''ve been getting more and more wound up every week over the last 20 years that I have to pay for beer in the ground, everytime I go to the bar, before the game and a half time, I am shocked, really really shocked,when the cheeky little bugger that serves me asks for money.

I can tell you now, and I can tell all you posters out there as well, so listen to me, one of these days I will say, sorry I forgot my wallet. Now what do you think of that!!!😜

[quote user="CDB"]Free highlights are available every week. Have been since last season - Norwichcity.tv.
The club at the moment are wanting to get away from FLi as soon as the current contract expires, so that will mean, new website, media content provided through YouTube or something similar. So it will happen.
[/quote]

Rather covers my point really.   People not happy with a service and not paying means that the club will change it and service will be improved.  All the ridicule and accusations of whining etc are from people who think the club can do no wrong and can''t stand it being criticised. Give me a service I like and I will pay for it. Simples.

LDC

. Give me a service I like and I will pay for it. Simples.

I only want to pay for my seat if we win from now on.

Refund for every game we lose is the way forward, that will get them buggers playing.

[quote user="Jenkins"]I only want to pay for my seat if we win from now on.

Refund for every game we lose is the way forward, that will get them buggers playing.[/quote]

I''m talking about something I look at on my computer. A different thing all together.   I stopped looking on the NCFC website when they started the new one, which wouldn''t load or took so long to get going it was a waste of time.  When it was up there navigation was difficult, user unfriendly and visually child like.  It may have improved, but it is down to service at the end of the day.  If the club want my money to look at their website - they have to improve it - and by all accounts that is what is going to happen. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="CDB"]Free highlights are available every week. Have been since last season - Norwichcity.tv.
[/quote]

Rather covers my point really.   People not happy with a service and not paying means that the club will change it and service will be improved.  All the ridicule and accusations of whining etc are from people who think the club can do no wrong and can''t stand it being criticised. Give me a service I like and I will pay for it. Simples.

[/quote]It''s a quid a week and it delivers commentary to people out of range whatever the fault with the rest of the website it gives you what you apparantly need, what exactly do you bring to the party skinflint ?

[quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="CDB"]Free highlights are available every week. Have been since last season - Norwichcity.tv.
[/quote]Rather covers my point really.   People not happy with a service and not paying means that the club will change it and service will be improved.  All the ridicule and accusations of whining etc are from people who think the club can do no wrong and can''t stand it being criticised. Give me a service I like and I will pay for it. Simples. [/quote]It''s a quid a week and it delivers commentary to people out of range whatever the fault with the rest of the website it gives you what you apparantly need, what exactly do you bring to the party skinflint ?[/quote]Why the aggro?   All I am doing is stating how it is.  As far as the website is concerned, the club lost me the day they changed over to the new format, two or three years ago when it became completely user unfriendly and difficult to navigate.  They have not won me back yet and won''t until I am persuaded by them or others that the situation has improved.   If it has, you would think that someone on here might actually say so............maybe it hasn''t improved...........

Not aggro LDC but as we are not in the premier league as a long distance fan the only way you can definately listen to every match is on canary player, It may not be perfect but it is the best you have got ant it costs the same per week as a mars bar from a refreshment kiosk and yet you have started a thread complaining about lack of coverage and asking the question is canary player worth it ? If you are the loyal fan you portray yourself on here then of course it is worth it! if you don''t think a quid a week is worth it stop bleating about coverage to many on here who spend £600 a season as a starting point .

It''s not just TV; it''s the radio too.

I''m a season ticket holder living in Cambridgeshire. On a Saturday, I can get Radio Norfolk online until 14.59 hrs., at which point a message cuts in: ''For contractual reasons, we cannot bring you the next programme'' i.e. the match itself.

Then, at 17.00 hrs. the connection is miraculously restored, so that I can listen to Rob Butler''s dulcet tones.....

So, what do I do? I tune in to AM 873 and listen through the crackling and interference from foreign stations to Chris Goreham et al.

So, I get to hear the match, but in poor quality. It''s a good job CG shouts when we score....!

Like LDC, I can see no reason to discriminate against NCFC fans living outside the immediate catchment area who want to listen to (or see) the match when they can''t get to it. In this day and age, it''s a disgrace. It''s clearly accessible (in Cambridgeshire at least) on AM radio, albeit in cr*p quality, so why deny us the opportunity to listen online with a decent reception? Just to make a few bob from more distant fans? Is the club really that hard up?

[quote user="im spartacus"]Not aggro LDC but as we are not in the premier league as a long distance fan the only way you can definately listen to every match is on canary player, It may not be perfect but it is the best you have got ant it costs the same per week as a mars bar from a refreshment kiosk and yet you have started a thread complaining about lack of coverage and asking the question is canary player worth it ? If you are the loyal fan you portray yourself on here then of course it is worth it! if you don''t think a quid a week is worth it stop bleating about coverage to many on here who spend £600 a season as a starting point .[/quote]

A quid a week is not the point, as I said earlier.  Also, people "bleating" about the money they spend supporting - in your case £600 - as if it is some badge of honour is just misleading, as many exiles can spend  £600 just travelling to Norwich just to take in three home matches.   

LDC

" Yes, I think that free highlights should be available on the Norwich site as a matter of course - preferably the whole match available"

not my case LDC i''m a regular casual , the only person bleating is you. you expect something for nothing if you want to listen to commentary get your hand in your pocket or move to an area covered by radio norfolk. It might not be right the bbc selling local commentary to the clubs websites but it''s how it is.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Out of interest, LDC, could you explain, in a concise single post, what coverage you would like/expect?[/quote]

I would happily pay for a live stream of every match live. £10-15 would be fair, as long as it is of good quality and with interviews and commentary.  A true online community football TV channel.

Personally I''d love to be a season ticket holder, and money isn''t the issue.

I''m well aware that living an 9 hour round trip from Carrow Road (on a good day) was my decision. That, and being on call a lot of weekends, is why I don''t get to as many games as I''d like. When I do, about 4-5 games worth of travel and ticket is about the same expense as a season ticket. That doesn''t bother me, but I''ll admit I know plenty of people it would.

I think canaries player is fine for what it offers for the value.

But I''d like to be able to pay more. I''d happily pay £15+ to watch online, personally I don''t care about commentary (just add radio Norfolk/canary''s player over the top if you do) and the highlights provided free by NCFC on YouTube are more than good enough.

It''s the simple fact that limiting your paying audience to those that can physically get to or physically fit in your ground in a digital age, when it''s being broadcast anyway (foreign betting channels), is absolutely mental.

If you could have a stream of every match then you''d go from barely attending games to NEVER attending games. So would lots of other fans. Why on earth would the club do that?!

[quote user="hogesar"]If you could have a stream of every match then you''d go from barely attending games to NEVER attending games. So would lots of other fans. Why on earth would the club do that?![/quote]Every match was fully streamed, whilst we were in the Premiership, but it never reduced the crowds. I agree with LDC The coverage is poor and there should be a deal out there to get it streamed to computers, it really annoys me when on a midweek match Sky have an ex-footballer in the studio watching a live match and reporting on it whilst supporters of the team have no way of getting the same.