Sign in to follow this  
TCCANARY

We really need to get promotion

If only to right this terrible wrong.

Paul Lambert getting sacked leaves no Scottish managers in English top flight for first time in more than 30 years - a sad day for the country that gave us Sir Matt Busby, Bill Shankly and Sir Alex Ferguson

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2950592/Paul-Lambert-getting-sacked-leaves-no-Scottish-managers-English-flight-time-30-years.html#ixzz3RXOgZyrb

How quickly things change. I vaguely recall that when Lambert was with us in the top flight, half (or possibly more) of the Premier League clubs were managed by a Scot. I think one of the footy shows (probably Football Focus) ran a feature on it.

That''s right Chip it was a brilliant trivia question. Not only were there 7 Scottish managers in the Prem they were all Glaswegian!

So let''s start the game, who can remember the other 6 in the Premiership year that Lambert was our manager?

I can only come up with 6; Lambert, Ferguson, Keane, Dalglish, Mcgleish and Moyes.

[quote user="Ron Manager"]I can only come up with 6; Lambert, Ferguson, Keane, Dalglish, Mcgleish and Moyes.[/quote]
Wasn''t Avram Grant originally from Glasgow?

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="Ron Manager"]I can only come up with 6; Lambert, Ferguson, Keane, Dalglish, Mcgleish and Moyes.[/quote]
[/quote]

Ah yea, Peter''s uncle?

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="Ron Manager"]I can only come up with 6; Lambert, Ferguson, Keane, Dalglish, Mcgleish and Moyes.[/quote]
[/quote]

Think that was government grant

It was quite amazing really - 7 Scotts is already unusual but 7 managers out of 20 from the same city ....

Deep fried mars bars must have been hard to find that season ;-)