Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Mcgeehan Saying his goodbyes

I assumed it was a loan, doesnt look that way:

Unforgettable 5 years @NorwichCityFC shame I didn''t get the chance I always dreamed of, thanks for everything

Ah sh*t is he really going? You can''t transfer players at the moment only loan them, so how does he know its permanent?

Probably a loan and becoming permanent at end of season. Or maybe we agreed to release him but ncfc get a cut of any future transfers.

He''s off to Luton isn''t he. Thought he looked really good against Man U hope he stays but that tweet doesn''t look good!

Can''t see Neil sanctioning sale of one of our most promising youngsters without appraising him fully beforehand. AN hasn''t been able to assess Mcgeehan as he has been on loan since his arrival.

But if rumours re Dorrans true we will be well covered in midfield.

[url]http://www.luton-dunstable.co.uk/Luton-Town-Permanent-deal-Norwich-City-loanee/story-26026841-detail/story.html[/url][url]http://www.lutontoday.co.uk/sport/luton-town/hatters-confirm-mcgeehan-signing-1-6581168[/url]

That was submitted a bit earlier tan intended!

What I was going in to say was that it s rare that youth team players go on to make the first team at prem/championship level. It might be in his interest to go elsewhere to find his level. He seems as if he has his head screwed on the right way and with hard work may make a living out of the professional game even if it''s not with us. At the moment even the Murphy brothers haven''t kicked on. Best of luck to the boy.

[quote user="Herman "][url]http://www.luton-dunstable.co.uk/Luton-Town-Permanent-deal-Norwich-City-loanee/story-26026841-detail/story.html[/url]

[/quote]

I might be being a bit thick but both of those articles say it''s a loan until the end of the season with a view to a permanent deal in the summer, nothing agreed yet... Though that tweet implies otherwise...

Would be a shame if we lost him and odd that hes tweeted that before a club statement

I am as confused as you, and although that tweet has now been pulled, a lot of replies seem like goodbyes, not just cheerios.

The interview with AN didn''t really suggest he was gone for good, sounded like AN wanted him getting more experience than he would do in the u21''s. I took that to be a positive remark for Mcgeehan when I heard it.

If I remember rightly McGeehan is out of contract in the summer so would be able to move on even if we offer another deal. He may have decided to go. We would be eligible for a development fee as he''s under 24.

Luton are saying they want to sign him in the summer, and that he wanted to stay there when on loan last time, also their manager has said tonight he is working on signing CM from now, meaning work starts now, but aims to sign him in summer.

As others have said a good prospect but that doesn''t make him a first teamer. Barring injuries he would never get in the squad ahead of Johnson, Tettey, Howson, Oneil, Andreu and Ofoe so there''s no real need to keep him on our books. He''ll do great at somewhere like Cambridge and I''ve no doubt he''ll have a decent career in the lower leagues but unlike the Murphy''s he simply isn''t going to get a chance in the first team, especially as we''re now out of the cups. Good luck to the lad

I agree AJ, although I would like to see the youth players getting a chance, I can understand that the route to the first team is blocked by senior professionals with more consistent rounded performances, right at this momment the senior players are simply better, in a few years time with regular games that might well be different.

As it pains me to say it, I personally don''t see how the youth team fits in with the current strategy, it feels abit more like a PR exercise to just say we still have one than actually doing much to benefit the first team. Unless the idea is to equip lower league clubs with players of course.

Don''t get me wrong I would be gutted for us to have no youth team, I''m just failing to see how it fits ATM.

I agree even with a lot of prospect in the youth Team, aside of possibly one of the Murphy''s it''s hard to see any of them getting into the first team in the next few years, promotion would eradicate that further. I guess the two true purposes are profit from sales and loans and the potential one that does come through like Rudd, Green, Martin etc. We''ll only begin to see the real effect of the funding and enhanced academy status in the next few years. This crop is just the first wave to have experienced a little of that. Exciting prospects compared to the last ten years anyway and a youth cup win to add to the trophy cabinet

[quote user="AJ"]I agree even with a lot of prospect in the youth Team, aside of possibly one of the Murphy''s it''s hard to see any of them getting into the first team in the next few years, promotion would eradicate that further. I guess the two true purposes are profit from sales and loans and the potential one that does come through like Rudd, Green, Martin etc. We''ll only begin to see the real effect of the funding and enhanced academy status in the next few years. This crop is just the first wave to have experienced a little of that. Exciting prospects compared to the last ten years anyway and a youth cup win to add to the trophy cabinet[/quote]

Trouble is when was the last youth team player sold who made anywhere near a transfer fee that would cover the cost of the set up. Was it Joe Lewis, although I guess we got compensation for Jed Steer.

I guess the youth team needs to be seen in a much more long term light currently. The club seriously (and the might be) needs to look at how the development of the young players can work to a higher standard to at least get them within touching distance of the first team if they hope to get even small transfer fees. If a FA youth cup winning team can''t do that it probably shows how poor this nations youth setups are in general currently. also if the new set up is only really a change in name and recruitment opportunities rather than coaching and real development it''ll be another false dawn as it has been in the past.

The problem for the Youths this that they are playing in a very small pool of players, but the senior ranks are those guys together with all those before them for the last 10-15+ years and obviously it is hard to break through. While we have cash we are always likely to buy/loan more established players, the risk of trying players is perhaps too great so I guess we''ll carry on down the line of loaning them and seeing how they look elsewhere.

Maybe we''re all getting a bit too maudlin about it all.The system is there to produce players for Norwich City, but however good it is, there is always going to be a very small number who go on to feature for the first team, the secondary reason is to produce products to sell for profit.Its a shame, but we have been here before with so many players, The Jarvis lads being a recent example.

alartz wrote the following post at 14/02/2015 10:48 PM:

The kids never get the chance.

Goes for mcgrandles, toffolo, Thompson, miquel, Loza etc.

But too be fair will they ever make it in the championship? Unlikely.

Alartz - How can San Miquel be a kid he nearly 23

You need to change the comment to Flop from kid

But then u probably right as Purple thinks he will be very good when he''s 27 (Really ?) - Another comment almost as ridiculous as yours

Oh & Mcgrandles not even good enough to go on loan (no one wants him) - very disappointing

These are just 2 x superb Adams summer buys add that to the 2 x loan centre halves & the flop known as Lafferty & you can start to see where a lot of our money was wasted

Alartz - just re read your post - and u are claiming they are not good enough for the championship - glad u agree with me

Sorry for having a go

[quote user="mannings bandy legs"]This is why i''ve stopped my academy payment. Petty I know but we will never see a flow of youngsters coming through and never see no money for them.[/quote]I guess the system very much relies on finding that one gem every few years, A Bellamy or a Rooney.If we didn''t turn a profit in the thing, overall, we may as well scrap it.

According to the pinkun story he''s just gone on loan until the end of the season so am I missing something?

[quote user="cityangel"]According to the pinkun story he''s just gone on loan until the end of the season so am I missing something?[/quote]His tweet very much implied he was off for good.