Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

Dorrans??

It also makes sense to leave it at this point in time as we have form now. No point getting him in and then dipping in form towards the end of the season, and not have him to address that.It''s our defense that is giving us issues at the moment, not sure Dorrans could help that!

[quote user="morty"]Joined on loan for the rest of the season![/quote]Correction.Joins us on Thursday for an initial period that runs to 22nd March.

Thursday date is 19th Feb for 90 days months means GD not eligible for Play Off Final. Seems stupid wait until 23rd day before Blackburn if to needed for final.

[quote user="pete"]Thursday date is 19th Feb for 90 days months means GD not eligible for Play Off Final. Seems stupid wait until 23rd day before Blackburn if to needed for final.[/quote]His loan is only initially until 22nd March.

#wba GD returns to sender March 22. Expect a return post March29 2 encompass potential p/off campaign for #ncfc. Canny business

Morty,

When does loan window end, if after 22nd March, can the loan then be extended for a further 90 days? If so, sees us right through to the end of the season, wouldn''t be surpised if a deal has been doen to buy hiim then??

CJRV 2014,

Just seen your post, great minds think alike, eh. Well I can only speak for myself of course!?!?

Am I the only one who asks why?

I don''t see the need for Dorrans! We have Wes, Andrue and Howson as attacking midfielders

Additionally he''s only played 154 games in 7 seasons for WBA.

I am a little confused at this one after spending around a million on Andrue.

[quote user="Indy"]Am I the only one who asks why?

I don''t see the need for Dorrans! We have Wes, Andrue and Howson as attacking midfielders

Additionally he''s only played 154 games in 7 seasons for WBA.

I am a little confused at this one after spending around a million on Andrue.[/quote]Seriously?Thats your first thought?

I tell ya why because hes a damn good player. Can play anywhere across the midfield. Weve heard tettey cant play 3 times in a week so if Johnson has to move back over he can play down the left. But is a very good player who is exceptional at this level and someone to boost us.

I genuinely would have been happy signing him if we was a premier league club. Not someone i would describe as a tony pulios player.

But i do agree the signing of Andreu does seem a strange one when you think we have Hoolahan, Hooper, Howson and now Dorrans who can play that number 10 role. And Redmond, Dorrans, Johnson, E.Bennett to go down the flanks.

Yes I would have thought RB might have been priority.

OK Morty how much do you know, seen of Dorrans to think its a goid signing and then why buy Andrue when we have Howson in supeb form with Wes right there too!

Just that he hasn''t really been in the WBA reckoning, don''t really see amy improvement in singing Dorrans, just adds to the squad with 15 games to go.

Just my thoughts Morty.

[quote user="Indy"]Yes I would have thought RB might have been priority.

OK Morty how much do you know, seen of Dorrans to think its a goid signing and then why buy Andrue when we have Howson in supeb form with Wes right there too!

Just that he hasn''t really been in the WBA reckoning, don''t really see amy improvement in singing Dorrans, just adds to the squad with 15 games to go.

Just my thoughts Morty.[/quote]Its competition for places, an extra option.Just at the time of the season that is crucial.I honestly can''t see how this can be viewed in any way negatively.

Funny I don''t see him as anything other than an attacking midfielder and like I said not been a regular at WBA.

Just a bit strange but heck a loan can only give us more options.

Sorry don''t mean to sound negative as I see the point of strengthening the squad, but like the defenders in the summer now we have a glut of attacking midfielders. So adding one who as some say a great player, I haven''t seen this of Dorrans, just about a good Championship player in my reckoning.

Well then I am the only one.....be intersting who will be dropped to accomidate Dorrans. Let''s hope that pushes the players to keep up the great form of Saturday.

Solid signing I suppose.

Surely he''ll be played down the left?

As much as a decent job Johnson can do there and as well as he''s done with chipping in with the goals he has, Dorrans will provide a better balance and even more of a goal threat from midfield.

Remember the shot Johnson blazed over the bar in the first half at Charlton?.....if a chance like that falls to Dorrans in that area , I think he scores that.

And as has been mentioned, with Neil favouring a holding midfield in front of back 4 and Tettey''s apparant struggles to play 3 times a week, Johnson will still be needed there on occasions.

Why? Why do we need another quality attacking player who might help us win games and be better than the options we already have? We need a left back and a right back, damn it! A AAAAAAAGGGHHHHH I an so angry I just puked up a kidney.

Does anyone else get a sense of déjà vu. This signing really reminds me of when we signed Cooper in Worthingtons championship season.

Bor Bor Bor wrote the following post at 17/02/2015 7:42 PM:

Why? Why do we need another quality attacking player who might help us win games and be better than the options we already have? We need a left back and a right back, damn it! A AAAAAAAGGGHHHHH I an so angry I just puked up a kidney.

Don''t waste it, put it on ice and get it on eBay straight away.