Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

"Not proven"

Bellucci found "not proven" of racist abuse to CamJam

Watch all the Leeds fans assume that Jerome made up the story now! So many idiots about that will assume this and not that "nobody knows what happened but them two." I''m not a fan of the way the media are headlining how he''s "cleared of charges" as well. It doesn''t help.

Hopefully he''ll get a good booing at Elland Road to rile him up and perform!

Something definitely happened. Jerome wouldn''t just react the way he did if nothing was said

#TeamJerome

We''ll never know i guess. Anyway, at least he''ll be available against us. He''s a bag of shite and Jerome will eat him up all day long.

They have just given Cam the motivation to go and score a hat trick when we go there, the whole crowd could see by his reaction something happened, that night, at the time I thought he had spat on Jerome, so surely any investigation would show his reaction was unlike anything would normally expect from him.

Disappointing as he a t### pot but goals will help put it right !

Not proven doesn''t mean it didn''t happen.

I suppose the burden of proof lay with Jerome, how could he prove it when it is one mans word against another.

There have already been far too many column inches wasted on this imbecile already.Let''s not have more.The only pity is that we have to wait till Apr 14th before Jerome can put him in his place.

Must be tricky to decide and prove what was actually said or not said. However, I hope our camp take something positive from this outcome and ram goal after goal past Leeds at every opportunity.

The sad bit for me is given the attitude of some Leeds fans, getting away with racist bullying merely continues to fuel their habit.

I think they are just genuinely thick and/or wearing rose tinted glasses!

They see the "cleared" sign and hop on.

It''ll be one I get to have "banter" about down the pub with my leeds fan mates I guess...

Shame the problem of Racism doesn''t just bugger off! People really don''t know how to deal with it, look at the story in Rotherham for instance!

Innocent until proven guilty. It''s one persons word against another, if no-one heard Belluci''s comment then he''s not going to be found guilty.

I''m fine with the outcome, i''m not fine with the lynching of Jerome from the Leeds fans. I guess they have been through a lot though!

Jimmy Smith wrote the following post at 06/02/2015 1:50 PM:

I''m fine with the outcome, i''m not fine with the lynching of Jerome from the Leeds fans. I guess they have been through a lot though!

They are Leeds fans Jimmy, I wouldn''t expect anything less from them.😳

I completely believe Jerome heard what he thought he heard but I find it very hard to believe someone would be unfathomably stupid enough to utter a racial slur on a football pitch in this day and age whether they''re a closet racist or not. I have no idea what happened, but my guess is the Leeds player muttered something in Italian, offensive or not and Jerome misinterpreted.

On a side note I think this situation has been dealt with extremely well, Jerome has had his say, the Leeds player hasn''t been chastised before a verdict had been reached and the event appears to have been investigated thoroughly. But unless someone get''s the chance to ask Jerome face to face what he heard none of us will really know what happened, let''s hope the sense of injustice spurs Jerome on to play a blinder at ER

Darth BOOOOOOOOOO! wrote the following post at 06/02/2015 3:49 PM:my guess is the Leeds player muttered something in Italian, offensive or not and Jerome misinterpreted.

----------------------------------------------

why would you guess that?

Club/ Jerome''s statement:

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/norwich-city-leeds-united-bellusci-cameron-jerome-disappointment-2252334.aspx

Says it all about our club - can''t even win a ''racial'' court case.

How rare is that in these awful PC days?

There is probably enough doubt that it can''t be proven sufficiently to find him guilty. I remember Tom Adeyemi in tears while playing for Oldham, thinking that someone in the crowd had insulted him using the adjective "black", whereas it transpired the person had apparently said "Manc". Obviously any racist language is deplorable, but finding someone guilty of a racially motivated crime is a profound label that should not be applied unless it is beyond any reasonable doubt that the person is guilty.

Darth Boooo - I refer you to other cases, such as Suarez, where certain words may be part of certain countries, language, and deemed ''acceptable'' there, but not in other cultures.

I would love Cameron Jerome to do a ''Suarez/Evra'' at Elland Road and not shake his hand, before the kick off, but just stare at him, and then run him ragged, with perhaps, an accidental, split second late, tackle or header during the game.

wow leeds fans are really ignorant. They seem to think Jerome is in the wrong because he''s said he''s disappointed that Bellusci abuse has been ''not proven.'' Some people really do love their club so much that it blinds them

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]There is probably enough doubt that it can''t be proven sufficiently to find him guilty. I remember Tom Adeyemi in tears while playing for Oldham, thinking that someone in the crowd had insulted him using the adjective "black", whereas it transpired the person had apparently said "Manc". Obviously any racist language is deplorable, but finding someone guilty of a racially motivated crime is a profound label that should not be applied unless it is beyond any reasonable doubt that the person is guilty.[/quote]I was at Everton a few years ago when the infamous Rooney "fat b*st*rd" chant was set up and we were accused of racism, similarly mistaking a word fat for something else.  It would have been funny had it not been for the unpleasantness.   Actually at the time I thought the "fat b*st*rd" chant at Rooney was a bit unfair, but then for our fans to be accused of racism, was beyond a joke.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]There is probably enough doubt that it can''t be proven sufficiently to find him guilty.[/quote]Shame we didn''t have the Ched Evans jury for this one, Bellusci would have been found guilty regardless of any ambiguity and lack of concrete evidence...

Apparently he said "nero" not "negro".  "Nero" means black.    So his sentence "I''m going to give you a black eye" must have been said in Italian and Jerome heard the word "nero" as "negro" and thought he was saying something racist in Italian??   A bit of a strange and unpleasant thing to say anyway, regardless of whether it had racist undertones or not.   If it was not racist could it not be seen as aggressive or threatening violence and therefore charged as such? 

[quote user="bristolcanary"]I don''t believe the horrible Italian racist Leeds playing scumbag. Sue me.[/quote]Ditto.Would you say to someone "I''m going to give you a black eye"?Nah, sorry, not for me.

what a stupid comment. So you are you would not say "I''m going to give you a black eye"? but you would say whatever racist thing Jerome believed was said? da fuk

[quote user="townhead"]what a stupid comment. So you are you would not say "I''m going to give you a black eye"? but you would say whatever racist thing Jerome believed was said? da fuk[/quote]"I am going to give you a black eye"Said no man on a football field.Ever.