Sign in to follow this  
havemyhowsonit

Team today

---------------------ruddy-----------------------

whittaker---martin---bassong----olsson

bennet----tettey---johnson-------redmond

-------------------hoolahan--------------------

---------------------grabban--------------------

To me, that looks like Jerome has suffered because of Turner''s and Cuellars bad games last week

(Bassong and Martin in, then Whittaker moved, then, Tettey and Johnson in, then going with solo striker)

Whittaker can thank his lucky stars to be starting because of all that 

Why are people having a go at the manager''s team selection on CC? This is basically the same team that got us all those wins at the start of the season.

[quote user="alartz"]Grabban as the lone striker is actually worse than ruddy[/quote]
Grabban performs well when asked to play as lone striker. He struggles more when he has to work with a partner. Every single one of the 7 goals he has scored in the league have come when asked to playing as a lone striker and his performances started to decrease when Jerome was brought into the side after Cardiff and Norwich started playing with 2 strikers.

Barclay seats 48/49 the 3rd wrote the following post at 31/01/2015 2:04 PM:Both suggestions equally ridiculous

-----------------------

c0ck

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Why are people having a go at the manager''s team selection on CC? This is basically the same team that got us all those wins at the start of the season.[/quote][Y]It looks good on paper.

well said phillip. Before Adams went I was calling for him to play the same team that he did when we were winning. Once he decided to play 2 upfront our form went down hill.

Good to see a shake up of the team. Last week was dismal.

Would always prefer not to have Whittaker in the team, but great to see Wes starting. We have missed him

I''ve got a great idea. Let''s have a lone striker and it''s not our top scorer or our next best.

Grabban will do........

Oh and put 2 right backs in defence. One being useless and other having a shocker last week and couldn''t lead his dog.

What an absolute KN OB!!!!!!!! Of a manager. Get him out!!!!!

It''s a no brainer for me really.

Bring back our best central defender, Bassong.

Reunite our best central midfield pairing, Johnson and Tettey.

Play 1 man up top to allow the inclusion of Hoolahan.

Make that 1 man up top our most mobile striker, Grabban.

Stop playing Lafferty on the wing, Bennett.

Let''s hope it works out!

Yeah true H it looks good on paper, having said that we struggle to pick a bad team on paper with our squad. The problem is we''ve said that in basically every game. In the pre match interviews everyone has said they know what the problem is; consistency. The problem is the consistency is down to work rate much of the time. Hopefully the ''right'' Norwich will turn up today. Thankfully if they don''t I can just switch off the radio and keep my money.

good to see you positive as ever larter. im happy with side, needed shakibg up. probably would have liked to have seen Jerome over Grabban but this is Grabbans chance so lets hope he takes it.

STAN wrote the following post at 31/01/2015 2:16 PM:

It''s a no brainer for me really.

Bring back our best central defender, Bassong.

Reunite our best central midfield pairing, Johnson and Tettey.

Play 1 man up top to allow the inclusion of Hoolahan.

Make that 1 man up top our most mobile striker, Grabban.

Stop playing Lafferty on the wing, Bennett.

Let''s hope it works out!

Nice one Stan

Fair points Mrs. The good thing is that the bench looks stronger than last weeks, although still short on midfield options.

Happy with the team, especially hoolahan/grabban but a bit sorry to see Redmond on the left and Whittaker still in.

Much better shape than of late.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]well said phillip. Before Adams went I was calling for him to play the same team that he did when we were winning. Once he decided to play 2 upfront our form went down hill.[/quote]
Whilst I won''t comment on our form after the switch to 2 strikers (mainly because I can''t be bothered to go back and work out a points per game average) I will say that Grabban was among the biggest casualties of our switch to 2 strikers. He went from a run of 5 goals in 4 games when playing up top by himself to 1 in 9 when asking to play as one of two strikers. His performances also markedly decreased, with most of the assertions that he looked tired or lazy occurring after the switch to 2 strikers. I know many think that strikers don''t like playing upfront by themselves and would much rather have a partner to accompany them but it''s clearly not the case for Grabban who plays far, far better when upfront by himself.
Grabban is our best forward in a 1 striker system, Hooper is our best forward in a 2 striker system, Jerome is adept in either but (I think) prefers to play as part of a 2 striker system. 
It makes perfect sense to start Grabban ahead of any other forward in a 1 striker system. The question should be whether Norwich should play a 1 striker system rather than whether Grabban should be that 1 striker as he is clearly the best at it of all our forwards.

Doesn''t look bad except that I hope Whittaker is up for dealing with their danger man Gray who plays on the left. Would have rather Martin play there