Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Bradley Johnson

Absolutely superb performance and another goal!

Seems to win every aerial ball up for grabs out on the left too.

To think ive had to argue his case constantly against fans who think he''s not good enough for us.

Thank god every management and coaching team we''ve had have thought the same as me!

A player who wears his heart on a sleeve, really having a good season with the passion we want to see from our players!

Playing him left midfield suits his game much better than central midfield.

Looks far more comfortable and therefore able to produce his best.

The combination in midfield with Alex anchoring and Johnson and Howson marauding looks more solid and more dangerous to the opposition.

I couldn''t be happier 2 eat my words. He has proven himself 2 be a very accomplished midfielder and has well and truly shut me up.the limitations he showed in his overall play in the earlier part of the season are now far outweighed by the player we now see. Well done Johnson.

POTS for me. But who plays alongside him is very important unless he''s out on the left, which is where I think he should stay. He gets more space, has a better view of the game to play his sublime long passes and he works and defends insanely hard for a left midfielder.

Being the main man in CM isn''t his game, he needs a creative presence like Hoswon alongside him to allow BJ to play at his best, it''s no co-incidence he has his worst games in a CM position alongside a Tettey/O''Neil

In the last two seasons his game has come on massively, he''s shown himself to be loyal, he should be part of a clutch of players that we build our team around going forward no matter what division we play in.

I wasn''t a big fan of him in his first two years here, but alongside Redmond, Ruddy, Jerome and Grabban (I like that type of forward) is my favourite player now

Lincoln is spot on

He is having a very good season and looking a very good combatative midfielder. He has added to his game.

Great work, never doubted that he is good here.

If we go up, which I want us to do, then he should be a squad player. We will need better, as he has shown his limitations in the prem for three years.

Playing exceptionally well and keep on going.

Agree with all this though he needs to be more consistent with his shooting (just watch highlights v Charlton away).

I think it''s a matter of composure, which comes from confidence

Johnson takes an interesting approach to playing on the left. Tends to drift inside and tries to join in with the passing amongst the midfielders, helping to overload the opposition in central areas who now have to deal with an added threat. 
Johnson''s natural narrowness is also really beneficial for Olsson, who now has far more space to run into when joining the attack and is often one-on-one with the full-back as the midfielder who should be helping him is no longer in a wide position, having followed Johnson into the centre.

Spot on Philip. And then when Bassong decided to go marauding down the inside left channel confusion reined supreme.....

Loved that goal but couldn''t believe how open Wolves were.

Defensive line pushing higher up the field, particarly at the end of the game. Good that we are now avoiding the nervous last 15 where we just sit deeper and deeper.

Tettey was exceptional. A real key to the win, solid, composed and a stand out player in our squad

There were several really good performances today - BJ and Tettey were tops, Grabban put in a hardworking shift too - but tbh none were off their game, Neil has got them playing really well as a team and long may it continue

[quote user="smooth"]Tettey was exceptional. A real key to the win, solid, composed and a stand out player in our squad[/quote]Bradley was exceptional. A real key to the win, solid, composed and a stand out player in our squad......

Tettey had an awesome game but theirs no comparison, they bring very different things to the team.

Tettey will never score the amount Bradley is, nor could he do a job on the wing. Similarly Johnson wouldnt be suited to Tetteys role of coming short to receive the ball and build attacks with quick short passing and good mobility.

Those who say Championship is his level are the ones who dont have a clue, im afraid. Not only have three management and coaching teams with much better knowledge than any of us disagreed, I think you''ll find theres lots of midfielders who''ve made a career in the Prem who bring less to a team than Johnson. Cattermole instantly comes to mind.

Brilliant performance from him today and as Ron said further up '''' he wears his heart on his sleeve''''

Got to be a contender for player of the season on what we''ve seen so far

Okay he is doing well, lots of effort etc but still pretty awful at times! Statistically our worst passer of the ball, as evidenced today several times. Tettey and Howson far better centre midfielders than he is so it does seem somewhat bizarrely he is best on the left side!

Brighton,

Yet voted MOTM today and I think there would be very few who where there who would begrudge him that.

IMO he would be sorely missed and I''m willing to bet when (or if) Dorrans comes next week that he will still be in the starting 11.

BJ played a peach of a pass down the left channel first half when he saw Redmond''s excellent run.

But he is one of those guilty of the occasional risky square pass but his manager is working on that with him and others.

All too often though the problem has been a lack of movement by forwards and I saw Tettey berating them for that today.

The 4141 suits so many of our players and BJ is one beneficiary.

Tettey was superb as the anchor; disciplined & patrolled deep well and safe in his passing - and it allows the front midfield four to play to their strengths..

It allows BJ to play left which is where, apart from those first couple of games this season, is where his very best performances have come.

Phillip - its interesting you find it a positive that BJ drifts in; its a positive when he does it yet not when Wes does?

Actually I think that BJ gets the balance better than Wes & is more disciplined (you dont see me type that when he is central); he is not a left winger but he plays wide left well. His energy is great and he adds graft down the left flank that makes Olsson up his game. His aerial strength is a plus in a side wheere heading is generally weak. Add in one of his best defensive games of the season (he rarely wins that many challenges or reads the ball that well) and he had a stormer.

Mind you if he could only find a yellow shirt with his passing then he might be ready for when we get back to the prem.