Sign in to follow this  
Shyster

The 'Novice'

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="lake district canary"]Also, to some of them, anyone that leaves Norwich is either mad or stupid, or both.  I''d ignore it.[/quote]

Well you would say that, wouldn''t you?

[quote user="lake district canary"]They make a noise, but say very little. [/quote]

Unlike your manifold threads....

[quote user="lake district canary"]Calling AN "novice" is insulting and inaccurate, but then if you were familiar with the original poster, you wouldn''t be surprised...........  [/quote]

Shyster is a Pink Un legend.  A narcissistic, allegedly self-made catering "millionaire" who is Tory to his bones, slightly misogynistic and utterly politically incorrect.  By rights I should despise him, but I''m really quite fond of him.

[/quote]

Shyster may lack a degree of emotional intelligence, however he has created a thread here that others have largely ignored and gone their own sweet way. IMO the resulting conversation is wide and varied and far more constructive than most of us anticipated from the original post! Karma.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Sorry Lakey, but you are contradicting yourself.

You say it is important for supporters to attend and get behind the team and show support. This helps the team perform better in a positive atmosphere.

By definition then, if you are not able to attend to support the team then you are less useful to the team as a supporter.

I suspect you realise this, and all your repeated lecturing and sermonising is merely a subconscious response to your own irrelevance.[/quote]

No. I''m not talking about usefulness as a supporter. I''m talking about people who think they are "better" because they go.  It goes without saying that people that go to matches are being more useful to the team (or should be).  My gripe is those who think they are superior because of it.   There is no reason to think you are superior just because you can go to matches.   We are simply all equal - like I said - the people who are too old or frail, those that can''t afford it, those that live too far away - we are all Norwich supporters.   There is a culture amongst some fans of "we''re real supporters" and anyone that doesn''t go are not.  

Its the old story of "what makes a good supporter?" Someone who goes to twenty matches?  Someone who goes to forty matches? Ten matches? Someone who goes to no matches, because they no longer can?  I don''t see how anyone can think they are better than anyone else.  There are those that go every week and are barely able to clap or cheer, but who moan at the slightest thing.   I''ve sat next to people at CR who barely look conscious throughout a game.   No one can say they are better than anyone else - but some like to think so.   Thinking you are a better supporter than someone else is delusional.   If I went to every game in the season I wouldn''t think I was a better supporter than a person who only went to two or three.  

I think our supporters are fantastic.    However, the ones who spout "I''m a better supporter" or behave as if they think they are better, are just trying to make themselves feel better about themselves, that''s all.   If that is what they want to do, fine.....but they are wrong.

LDC

"No one can say they are better than anyone else - but some like to think so"

I used to think that way, untill I went to school anyway, then I sadly realised that it wasn''t true.

You clearly consider yourself to be better than many, you constantly lecture other posters about what they should do and the way they should behave.

Shocking display of double standards.

Be honest with yourself man!

I''m just going to come out and say this, because its the elephant in the room.People give you grief because they don''t like you, its nothing to do with where you live, or how many games you go to.

[quote user="morty"]I''m just going to come out and say this, because its the elephant in the room.People give you grief because they don''t like you, its nothing to do with where you live, or how many games you go to.[/quote]

[:D] Whatever.  

You missed the main point - again.  Doesn''t surprise me.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]I''m just going to come out and say this, because its the elephant in the room.People give you grief because they don''t like you, its nothing to do with where you live, or how many games you go to.[/quote]

[:D] Whatever.  

You missed the main point - again.  Doesn''t surprise me.

[/quote]Which dovetails neatly into "Nobody is actually interested in the point you are trying to make"

[quote user="lake district canary"]

I think our supporters are fantastic.    However, the ones who spout "I''m a better supporter" or behave as if they think they are better, are just trying to make themselves feel better about themselves, that''s all.   If that is what they want to do, fine.....but they are wrong.

[/quote]
Are there any real examples of this (tongue in cheek excepted)?
LDC is real conundrum, I say this because some of his posts make perfect sense. However, many are on the lines of the partial quote above, intrinsically unfounded and could be conceived as somewhat paranoid.

Anyway, back to the main topic, has the ''Novice'' stopped the pre-match player interview? There is a little bit by Howson but none of the usualsop to fans?

The value of non-local fans is underrated. Walking around Norwich in a team shirt helps you blend in. Wearing that same shirt in Calgary, Windhoek, Helsinki or Liverpool makes you standout as the face of NCFC.

Anyone can cheer for the home team.

That''s where you''re wrong, I was Booing Cams on my radio from the moment he came on against Charlton, and the old motivational theory worked.😉

I really wish people would stop belittling our managers. It''s perfectly fine to be critical of them but expressions like ''coco the clown'' ''radio commentator'' and ''novice from a joke league'' really, really p155 me off, go fu(k yourselves!

If you''re not in the stadium, they can''t hear you...

From critiques posted on this forum, it seems that even if you are in the stadium (sitting on your hands, being outsung by the visiting fans), they still can''t hear you. Are the people there really better fans? Plenty of people claim Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge crowds are plastics, not real supporters. This "I''m a better fan cuz I''m at the games" attitude reeks of plastic if Carrow Road is packed but not rocking.

Shyster wrote the following post at 15/02/2015 1:51 PM:

"So, still maximum points required from the next two games to be on par with Adams & Phelan."

😄

"The ''novice'' has been in charge for four games - his first full game in charge was against Brentford at home - Phelan was here for Bournemouth away and Cardiff - so that''s 7 from 12 - 8 goals for/3 against.

But my point harks back to the 15 points, 20 goals for and 9 against, garnered under Adams & Phelan in the 7 League matches leading up to the ''novices'' appointment.

So, points wise and by my calculations the ''novice'' needs to acquire 8pts from the next three games just to be on par with Adams & Phelan."

As things stand, Neil still needs a point tonight to be on par with Adams & Phelan.

Just learned it''s 2 - 0 -- looks like his half-time talks are failing.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Good to see you about again Shyster. Still got that green and yellow turban? [:D][/quote]

HA! Good days, Lappin.