Sign in to follow this  
Shyster

The 'Novice'

The ''novice'' has been in charge for four games - his first full game in charge was against Brentford at home - Phelan was here for Bournemouth away and Cardiff - so that''s 7 from 12 - 8 goals for/3 against.

But my point harks back to the 15 points, 20 goals for and 9 against, garnered under Adams & Phelan in the 7 League matches leading up to the ''novices'' appointment.

So, points wise and by my calculations the ''novice'' needs to acquire 8pts from the next three games just to be on par with Adams & Phelan.

I haven''t even touched on the goal difference.

What?

You are going to have to dig deeper and find a more relevant negative stat to slate the team I''m afraid...

No, not really negative - In the next three games I''d prefer the ''novice'' to go one point ahead of A & P in the stats stakes, but I must confess and profess my complete bewilderment in the latter leaving the club and if it was necessary.

I''ve seen some elaborate twisted thinking, but this beats the lot, unless I''m missing some kind of obscure irony here.  Why "The novice"??  Disparaging to say the least and not really accurate.To say he did not have direct influence over the Bn''mth result is pushing it too.  Phelan''s team, yes, the result directly down to  AN''s intervention.Peculiar.

Why not select a bad run of games from the last regime and compare them to and AN results?

I really don''t understand your posy it appears a very limited approach to compare managers.

Of course I read your initial post, which of course is a huge pile of crap: Neil was appointed prior to the Bournemouth game, that is an indisputable fact. After the sending off in that game he directly influenced things far more than Phelan and whatever you say to the contrary, you are quite simply wrong.

Is this OP the babblings of someone devastated we won tonight and is scrambling around for any semblance of negativity

I''d say, yes.

Just got home from Charlton, and read this dribble, the OP has not got a clue, IMO, the first half tonight is best we have played since Spurs at Carrow Road, 2nd half we lost our way at times and gave away 2 silly goals, i don''t think Adams team would have bounced back the way we did to find the winner, fans were great tonight again, real fans that is............

It was The Novice''s strategy at Bournemouth that won us that game. A man down, on the road at the first place team and he went Paul Lambert on us by sending in an attacker!?!?

And it worked. Discounting that win as belonging to anyone else is disingenuous to say the least.

How can anybody possibly dissect small groupings of games like that and they try to deduce anything meaningful from them?

No mention of the quality of the opposition, home or away fixtures, injuries or any of the other factors that determine the outcome of a football match.

I am quite happy with AN, although I had my doubts after the Brentford game.

I think we can give the second half of Bournmouth to Neil!

As much as I can''t take to Neil, he''s certainly done well since taking over.....one blip against Brentford.

One thing that we still do is give away stupid goals against the so called lesser teams.

Novice or not he has built on the success of December and we are in touching distance of the play offs and probably 8 points might be too much to make up for automatic spot.

So not sure why the OP has made this point as its not relevant anymore.

Bring on Wolves another must win........👍

Hey guys! It''s the "I can''t take to him" guy hahahaha

"I can''t take to him"???? This isn''t match.com pal, you don''t have to give him a kiss you know.

[quote user="Lowestoft Canary"]This comparing him to Paul Lambert is disrespectful to the Messiah until he achieves something he isnt even in the shadow of the Messiah[/quote]

Oh, but he has achieved something - he''s Norwich manager.  Paul Lambert isn''t.

If it''s the mark of a novice that we managed to eventually grind out an ugly 3 points, yet he in the press conference afterwards, points out that we nearly screwed it up, we would have done so against a better team, and there''s plenty of room for improvement, then fair enough.Let''s have more novices as our manager !

[quote user="Indy"]I think we can give the second half of Bournmouth to Neil!

As much as I can''t take to Neil[/quote]
Can''t take to him? Do you prefer hair?

I often hear/read debates about the AN effect in the Bournemouth game. A game in which he did have an impact, insomuch he authorised the substitutions. However there were two different plans from two different quarters and he ''authorised'' one of those, so in effect he was authorising someone else''s plan, not his own. That said, he obviously saw the benefit in the more audacious move, so well done him.

Caution wont get us promoted, showing mettle after letting a two goal lead slip may well do, even though we did concede those two goals, i doubt if the thought''we''ll hold what we have '' ever entered ANs mind. Well done again Mr Novice.

[quote user="Ray"]I often hear/read debates about the AN effect in the Bournemouth game. A game in which he did have an impact, insomuch he authorised the substitutions. However there were two different plans from two different quarters and he ''authorised'' one of those, so in effect he was authorising someone else''s plan, not his own. That said, he obviously saw the benefit in the more audacious move, so well done him.[/quote]Easy decision for him to make on that occasion though, as had it gone wrong, he had a ready made excuse that he didn''t prepare, or pick the team.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Caution wont get us promoted, showing mettle after letting a two goal lead slip may well do, even though we did concede those two goals, i doubt if the thought''we''ll hold what we have '' ever entered ANs mind. Well done again Mr Novice.[/quote]No, it won''t. But its a very fine line.I wonder what the general mood would have been here today, had we only come away with a point?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Ray"]I often hear/read debates about the AN effect in the Bournemouth game. A game in which he did have an impact, insomuch he authorised the substitutions. However there were two different plans from two different quarters and he ''authorised'' one of those, so in effect he was authorising someone else''s plan, not his own. That said, he obviously saw the benefit in the more audacious move, so well done him.[/quote]Easy decision for him to make on that occasion though, as had it gone wrong, he had a ready made excuse that he didn''t prepare, or pick the team.[/quote]Not easy at all. The easy thing would have been to sit in the stands and do nothing.

Morty wrote; No, it won''t. But its a very fine line.

I wonder what the general mood would have been here today, had we only come away with a point?

Im sure you would agree the managers job is to set the team up, to play the way he wants them to, last couple of games (even when no midfield available) I could see a difference in the way the team was set up and they way they were being asked to play, and it looks much better, and will only improve in time as the players adjust, however once the players cross that white line its down to them, and in the main they did that last night, contrary to general feeling on this site we don''t have the best or strongest squad in the league, we may well be blessed with a decent sized squad that is strong in many area''s, but this is the same squad apart from one addition we had at the start of the season.

If the players carry on as they did last night, in the main, and as they did at home to Blackpool and away at Brum then we can mount a serious challenge,

There will be great highs ahead as we storm towards the end of the season, and probably a few lows, but give our new manager a dozen games before we question what he is about. If we only had come away with a point last night, I would have blamed the players, and before I get slated, I wont run down individuals, but one or two were poor in the second half, following on from the best 45 minutes from a Norwich side in a long time, poss Spurs at home was last?