Sign in to follow this  
Newton

We got no Cash

There is NO EVIDENCE AT ALL that lack of funds played any part in the failure to get Dorrans'' signature on Monday. All the evidence points to WBA backing out when they were unable to sign Olsson.

Westcoast

Please explain why

On Monday Dorans was all cleared to join us - Medical terms agreed etc earlier in the day (Valuation widely circulated )

WBA sign a replacement - Fletcher

AN clearly wanted Dorrans as now widely reported we will loan him when loan market opens

Deal off because Olsson says no at last min to a swap - do u not seriously think if we would have said to WBA we will pay the £3/4M the deal would have not gone thro - WBA wanted him off there books

Fact is we not prepared to make that sort of outlay

Even someone with poor eyesight can see that AN wants this guy, WBA dont want him yet we were not prepared to splash the cash on Monday when Olsson pulled out

Westcoast how much more circumstancial evidence do you want & no I have not got a tape recording of the actual telephone conversatiosn - why do you and many others still blindly come out with - the we got lots of cash tripe

Enough to cover our costs yes (this season) nothing spare after Adams summer bonaza  - the clearout starts in the summer when the parachute payments drop

All Clubs are now operating on a different funding basis, in view of FFP etc. Even Chelsea only spent what they recuperated and admitted that was now their policy - so would Newton headline Chelsea as " Got no Cash"?   That is also why the Sky deadline day effort was boring this year - very little action throughout the day as Clubs have stopped spending silly money.  I am delighted that at last Fottball is coming to its senses, and especially pleased that my Club, Norwich City, have adopted these sensible principles.

[quote user="Newton"]Westcoast how much more circumstancial evidence do you want & no I have not got a tape recording of the actual telephone conversatiosn - why do you and many others still blindly come out with - the we got lots of cash tripe 

Enough to cover our costs yes (this season) nothing spare after Adams summer bonaza  - the clearout starts in the summer when the parachute payments drop

[/quote]Who has said "lots of cash"? Nobody. Did we have funds available for use in the January transfer window? Yes. That was stated by the club long before the change of manager.Regarding Dorrans, you are simply speculating about WBA''s reasons for agreeing to the swap deal. None of us know WBA''s thinking on this. It is perfectly possible that they were prepared to accept losing Dorrans to secure Olsson''s signature but not otherwise.

The problem here is that Newton doesn''t seem to know the difference between ''some'' cash and ''no'' cash: it is possible that we didn''t have the full £4m to-hand after buying Andreu for £1m+, but we also put in bids of c£2m for Noone. So, we clearly had ''some'' cash. If you want to see a club with ''no'' (or ''very little'') cash you should look down the A140 (though they are doing ok on it!).

westcoastcanary wrote the following post at 04/02/2015 11:47 AM

Regarding Dorrans, you are simply speculating about WBA''s reasons for agreeing to the swap deal. None of us know WBA''s thinking on this. It is perfectly possible that they were prepared to accept losing Dorrans to secure Olsson''s signature but not otherwise

West coast - good effort but you still in dream land - consider this

If WBA were not prepared to lose Dorrans without securing Olsson on Monday - why is he now being touted for a loan

You are also ignoring the fact that they dont want Dorrans they had signed a replacement earlier that evening - Fletcher from Man U

What you are trying to suggest makes no sense what so ever - when Olsson said no -  if we had offored the £3/4M on Monday he would be training with the squad now as simple as that

We were not prepared to spend to that level - can be no other reason

It''s just as possible that the club felt that a swap and some cash was a good deal but that £3/4m for the player was over inflated, it is the January transfer window after all.

The problem with these kind of posts is that it''s ll based on opinions from everyone who comments, Newton states things as if they are fact and others merely suggest that his opinion isn''t correct, then we go round and round again!

I suspect that this whole post has/had an agenda and by sensationalising the way in which Newton expresses his opinion it would get a reaction.

Well congrats, it got much more of a debate going than had you asked the question as to whether we all thought there was money to spend.

10/10 for sticking to your guns Newton, I''ll give you that.

Branston Pickle wrote the following post at 04/02/2015 12:10 PM:

The problem here is that Newton doesn''t seem to know the difference between ''some'' cash and ''no'' cash: it is possible that we didn''t have the full £4m to-hand after buying Andreu for £1m+, but we also put in bids of c£2m for Noone. So, we clearly had ''some'' cash. If you want to see a club with ''no'' (or ''very little'') cash you should look down the A140 (though they are doing ok on it!).

Branston you playing on words which is a Troll past time - I agree we had no intention of spalshing out £3/4M on Dorrans & £2M on Noone & £1M on the french lad

I suggest  funds for Dorrans & Olsson were suposed to come from the sale of Olsson

On the Monday Dorrans was all tied up but when it became apparent Ollson reluctant to go to WBA which would have freed up the Noone cash as well it became clear given the distance between the 2 clubs (Cardiff & Norwich) the Noone deal was not going to happen so we pulled out

At what stage we decided to purchase the French lad not sure - was he even on our proirity list earlier in the day & would we he have been signed if Noone & Dorrans had gone thro - doubt it ?

When Ollson eventually said no given fact everything completed for Dorrans except payment terms - we had a simple choice - pay cash or deal off - we all know what happened

This did

Oh Newton, just when I had given you the benefit of the doubt!

Where have WBA officially said that he is available for loan, you have made that assumption because you have read it either on here or another website.

Your problem is you read stuff, come to your own conclusions and then sensationalise stuff.

Here''s a suggestion for you, why don''t you email David McNally and ask him whether we have any money and also why we never paid £3/4m or whatever other value you have read somewhere.

You know NOTHING and you make statements you can''t substantiate.

Rich T

Would that be the same McNally who told us the Board had searched the 4 corners of Europe and the best Manager for the Norwich job was the bloke making the tea next door for Delia just before he popped off to do his afternoon radio presenter job ?

What that McNally ?

If you want the truth the Board probably the last people to ask

My opinions are formed on information avaibable in the press & various other sources - your opinions are formed on blind faith in whatever Delia & her manipulated crew decide to release

So you believe everything you read in the papers, genius!

And then to make it worst you then throw your spin in it also, absolute classic!!

You should work on Talk Sprout (yes that''s not a typo), I was listening to Adrian Durham I think it was claiming that player valuations are down to what the press believe a player is worth. You''re not him are you Newton????

That quote that was not made by McNally, Newton? No wonder you are confused.

You seem capable of gathering information but struggle to reassemble it back in the same order when possiting it on here.

And knowing that when you headline We Got No Cash (grammatically beautiful) I am now clear that it was your bank account your were looking at and the next image you saw was an NCFC badge. Another brilliant Newtonian jump in logical reasoning concluded

Zippers I appologise - a Board member made that comment from a prepapared statement in an attempt to justify what they were doing when they appointed Adams

Of course I instantly believed it - I belive all statements that they release - do u ?

How did u know I got no cash

I dont newton,  no more than you know that the club dont (or I know that the club do) *sigh*

What makes me laugh is that rank morons like Newton can trivialise multi-million pound deals like it was buying a Mars bar or something.

Do you think mcnally turns up at west brom with a suitcase full of cash strapped to his wrist? Or maybe they just do a bank transfer with the description "Dorrans cash xx :)" on it? Do you think the prem money was delivered to carrow road in a dump truck filled with 50p''s? Think about it, Jesus!

The financial deals, particularly when multiple players are INCREDIBLY COMPLEX and if all the details are not in order why in your right mind would you spend millions of pounds?

Do I think it''s a final day farcical situation, yes. But what can we do? Every other club is in the same boat it''s not their fault I''m sure they''d all prefer it to be easier.

Newton = If i think / fantasize it then its fact.

Your ideas are purely speculative, seemingly based on very little that could be regarded as factual. You appear to place for too much value in what Sky Sports and tabloid media state. Remember their only aim is to generate interest in themselves, not to report the truth!

Grow up a little and think about the cr@p you post...

[quote user="Newton"]

If WBA were not prepared to lose Dorrans without securing Olsson on Monday - why is he now being touted for a loan. You are also ignoring the fact that they dont want Dorrans they had signed a replacement earlier that evening - Fletcher from Man U

[/quote]

WHO is "touting" Dorrans for a loan"? To my knowledge WBA have said nothing about this. John Cross of the Mirror is not Dorrans'' agent is he? WHO exactly has said that WBA "don''t want Dorrans"? WBA certainly haven''t. Who says that Fletcher is seen as a replacement for Dorrans? Does signing Fletcher have to mean that Dorrans is "surplus to requirements"? Er, no.

What you call "circumstantial evidence" is simply you reading between lines.

[quote user="Newton"]

...... when Olsson said no -  if we had offored the £3/4M on Monday he would be training with the squad now as simple as that. We were not prepared to spend to that level - can be no other reason [/quote]

You have absolutely no basis for saying either of those. There is a perfectly good explanation of why WBA might pull out when the Olsson move fell through, namely that they were only prepared to let Dorrans go in order to secure a left back.

As regards what now happens, it could be that Dorrans actually fancies coming to Norwich. He is reported to have favoured us over Burnley. Given which, it may be that WBA decide to let him come on loan after all. Let''s all wait and see.

Westcoast at least what I was suggesting (my opinion of events) was based on widely reported TV, internet & general media comments (there were many)  U & Rich T just fabricate as you go along

Anything that I post critizing the club no matter how mild - you pair instantly reject it - making claims based on thin air & an undying love of delia

For the record I accept that:-

Of course WBA have not openly stated they dont want Dorans

Of course WBA have not openly stated Fletcher was his direct replacement

Of course WBA have not openely stated Dorans is available for either loan of transfer

Of course WBA have not openly stated they rejected an offer of £3M for Dorans from Burnley on Sunday

Of course WBA have not openly stated that they accepted a valuation of £4M from Norwich for the player put against Norwichs £5M valuation of Olsson (ie we get £1M cash)

Just as we have not:-

Openly stated Olsson is available for transfer @ £5M to anyone who can meet that fee

Openly stated we want Dorans on loan

The only information we have from either club is kept to an absolute minimum - it is left up to us the fans to form opinions based on the information we can glean from a range of sources

I dont know wether the pair of you realise but football does not work like that most transfer activity is done behind closed doors through agents

Few clubs make loud brash statements for fear of getting involved in breach of contract / compensation claims from players - but then do u 2 know different ?

[quote user="Newton"] Anything that I post critizing the club no matter how mild - you pair instantly reject it - making claims based on thin air & an undying love of delia

[/quote]

Rubbish. I only joined the forum a month ago. Please quote any of my 17 or so posts which imply anything about my opinions of anyone on the club board.

[quote user="Newton"]...The only information we have from either club is kept to an absolute minimum - it is left up to us the fans to form opinions based on the information we can glean from a range of sources [/quote]

If you don''t have solid information it is usually better not to form any opinion and in particular not to keep regurgitating speculative opinion as if it were gospel truth.

[quote user="Newton"] I dont know wether the pair of you realise but football does not work like that most transfer activity is done behind closed doors through agents. Few clubs make loud brash statements for fear of getting involved in breach of contract / compensation claims from players - but then do u 2 know different ?[/quote]

Yes I do realise that perfectly well. Which is why I don''t keep jumping to conclusions from a position of ignorance.

I find it slightly ironic that I''m being accused of fabricating stories yet you started the whole ''we got no cash'' story.

If you read all my posts I use a word a lot, that word is maybe. Suggest you should have listens more intently at school you may have learnt what maybe and fabrication actually mean.

Westcoast have u noticed by now - most of the threads on this board are not based on cast iron information

Its all peoples views or opinions based on interpretations of scraps of information & comments from various medis sources

Rich T The Biscuit wrote the following post at 04/02/2015 1:14 PM:

He will have weighed up the potential of going to WBA who might get relegated and even more extreme the possibility of them coming down and us going up, why would he want that? Think you''re right, he wanted Swansea who are all but guaranteed to be in the Prem next season

He will sit it out till the summer and then move on

Rich T The Biscuit wrote the following post at 04/02/2015 2:39 PM:

I find it slightly ironic that I''m being accused of fabricating stories yet you started the whole ''we got no cash'' story.

If you read all my posts I use a word a lot, that word is maybe. Suggest you should have listens more intently at school you may have learnt what maybe and fabrication actually mean

Rich T is this not fabrication

No, I think you''ll find that using the word maybe I''m offering up an alternative opinion.

Your problem is you get yourself in a hole by what you say and when someone dares to question your thoughts you don''t like it.

I suggest you read this whole thread from the start and then maybe you might want to have a rethink?

[quote user="Newton"]

Westcoast have u noticed by now - most of the threads on this board are not based on cast iron information. Its all peoples views or opinions based on interpretations of scraps of information & comments from various medis sources

[/quote]

Reduced to tarring everyone with our own brush now are we?

Newton be like “BUT THEY

STARTED IT! It’s not fair, I want to spout made up garbage about the club and

then lambast anyone who objects as well!”

Is he actually stupid, or is

he just here for the attention? I heard he’s got no cash so doesn’t get out

much at the moment. His poor mother never gets a go on her laptop anymore…

Newton is like Dave channel. Sometimes it is quite entertaining, but most of the time you''re scratching your head wondering why you''ve gone through the same bilge for the fifteenth time.

[quote user="Newton"]

As time goes on it is very clear that our whole transfer policy appears to have been built around selling Olsson - it didnt go thro and we were not prepared to back AN with readies

All that McNally bothered about is the cash & his bonus & Delia - next wine deliveryIf we dont improve squad we stuck in the champs - sad day for Norwich as we appear to have run out of cash within 9 mths of being relegated Thank u Board - we def a well managed club

We must be the laughing stock of the championship - signed 10 in the summer for £MMMM''s - most incapable of strating for us and all we now say is squad too large & we got no cash - it dont take a genius to work out why ?

[/quote]

If only this board had a few more with such literate and insightful comment.