Sign in to follow this  
Newton

We got no Cash

Out whole transfer policy seems to be built around selling Olsson - they are now reporting that after being persuaded to speak to WBA (appears to have taken all day) he has decided to say no (according to reports) - cant blame him they will be with us in the Champs next season

Without this deal which would have given us Dorrons & £2M (Noone) we dont look as tho we doing anything other than signing the French guy from Hamilton for £1M

If we dont improve squad we stuck in the champs - sad day for Norwich as we appear to have run out of cash within 9 mths of being relegated

Thank u Board - we def a well managed club

PS Hope I''m wrong

Could be wroong but lets see

Mentioned it a week or so ago that we''d hear a name or two that''s decent and mcnally would do the old "we just couldn''t tie the deal up in time" boll0cks.

THE ROTT HAS SET IN!

Championship obscurity here we come! Writings been on the wall since Neil1 was gifted the job. No doubt i''ll be "wrong" though like when saying we''ll end up relegated 4 months into last season. While the happy clappers insisted hughton was god, negative football''s the future, neil adam''s is a great replacement that shows h''ambition for these last 5 games. Its the happy clappy fans and non plussed board that have made this club the way it is TODAY!

[quote user="Newton"]

Without this deal which would have given us Dorrons & £2M (Noone) we dont look as tho we doing anything other than signing the French guy from Hamilton for £1M

If we dont improve squad we stuck in the champs - sad day for Norwich as we appear to have run out of cash within 9 mths of being relegated

Thank u Board - we def a well managed club

PS Hope I''m wrong

Could be wroong but lets see[/quote]You probably are wrong, as you have been the last umpteen times you have said anything on here.What is clearly having more of an impact is our squad size. We need a smaller, more balanced squad, not a larger one.Rather than guessing and calling them facts, why not do what everyone else does and wait until tomorrow when the dust has settled.

Lol This is hilarious - you hear stuff all from the whiners all day but then out they come at the last minute.....though how is it that we''ve signed a guy for £1m+ if we have no money?

Chicken typical post - no comment just jumbled thinking

You have never proved me wrong - you just make ridiculous statements as you ramble on

Pinkun says moves linked - not me - or is that not a fact

Oh no we need a smaller balanced squad so we just pretended to sign players - got it - u an absolute Plonker (sorry genius)

Branston Pickle wrote the following post at 02/02/2015 11:58 PM:

Lol This is hilarious - you hear stuff all from the whiners all day but then out they come at the last minute.....though how is it that we''ve signed a guy for £1m+ if we have no money?

Branston even a half whit like you with 2 brain cells left would understand what I meant - we all agree (obviously not you & dumb chicken) that the squad needs to be enhanced if we are to make a push for the play offs - but we have failed because the only major cash we had to splash on quality signings was from the sale of one of our best players

It fell through because he did not want to go

That''s right. I''m so dumb. I misunderstood the clubs annual financial report and thought we''d spent less than we actually had. That £17.5million that turned into £17.2million. That''s how stupid I am.I''m also really stupid because I thought that maybe we didn''t want a larger squad and that was more of a pressing factor than need for funds.Still, what''s it like this time of year with only a bridge over your head and the wind whistling past?

Branston you like a few other Trolls on here - have no genuine view or comment just continually play on words, ignoring the meaning of posts

You fantastic - Where would we be without trolls like you ?

PS Please let me know if I have made any spelling mistakes

[quote user="Newton"]Branston you like a few other Trolls on here - have no genuine view or comment just continually play on words, ignoring the meaning of posts

You fantastic - Where would we be without trolls like you ?

PS Please let me know if I have made any spelling mistakes[/quote]What?!! You mean like going on and on and on and on and on about spending £17.2million in the summer and that it''s all Delia and MWJ''s fault that we are skint -again- ?

I''m a troll?! Jeez, that''s a new one - I''ve been posting here over 10 years through thick and thin, whereas you only seem to turn up for the ''thin'', to whinge about everything...that is far more troll-like if you ask me.

chicken wrote the following post at 03/02/2015 12:22 AM:

That''s right. I''m so dumb. I misunderstood the clubs annual financial report and thought we''d spent less than we actually had. That £17.5million that turned into £17.2million. That''s how stupid I am.

I''m also really stupid because I thought that maybe we didn''t want a larger squad and that was more of a pressing factor than need for funds.

Chicken you a complete idiot what are you talking about - the post has nothing to do with the accounts - & any way no one knows the exact figure as you have to take the value of the sold players registrations into account and they are not quoted individually in the accounts (Intangible Assets)- so how would anyone know specifically

You need to go back to the posts where u & your little troll mates play on words rather than commenting on the points being raised in the thread

If you think the transfer business in this window was good because it did not increase the head count in the squad thats your opinion - I think it could be the final nail in the coffin for our promotion hopes

[quote user="chicken"]What?!! You mean like going on and on and on and on and on about spending £17.2million in the summer and that it''s all Delia and MWJ''s fault that we are skint -again- ?[/quote]We''re outside the playoffs with an inexperienced third rate manager leading a poor squad. This is after having been relegated last summer and giving the job to the U18s boss. It''s Delia and MWJ''s fault full stop that we''re in this mess to begin.

You called me ''dumb'' - I was agreeing by giving you some examples of my stupidity going on your "facts".As for the transfer window - I would have been happy with only one or two additions / outgoings. A drastic change now, and you really could wave goodbye to our promotion chances.Why?Because we have seen that this squad of players is capable of beating opponents by several goals. We have seen them be able to play tight and beat / draw teams above them away from home.What has been our problem? Consistency. To me, that is about working hard behind the scenes, getting to grips with the players, getting them to play together better, to improve the mood of the squad.And yes, personally, I think that we have too many players. You want to be able to keep as many players feeling involved as possible. But when you look at the squad size there will be some that will feel they are two or three players down from starting. You don''t want that - if they are young a loan is good. But you don''t want doubt creeping in, or any low moods which could effect the squad.So yes. A bit of a lift in one or two new faces, but nothing more. And I know people keep banging on about Left Midfield - but the real issue is in defense. We are scoring goals, that''s not the problem. The problem is conceding them. I haven''t looked at the stats, but I''m guessing (so I am happy to be proven wrong) that the majority of the goals conceded haven''t been down to the lack of a left midfielder. Especially since Johnson has started playing there.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Not surprised we got no cash. Didn''t someone say we spent £17m in the summer?[:^)][/quote]

Yeah that really good manager we had that everyone thought he deserved a chance because he''s a great guy and a ''club legend'' he spent that really well with all his experience...

Chicken we at last agree on something

We do have too many players without going into individual names - we should never have signed 10 in the summer spending all that money

McNally needs to work hard at sending another 3 or 4 out on loan to at least reduce the wages bill

With surplus players in mind we have 3 x forwards we dont want - Bechio Wolf & now Lafferty (shortly to be joined by Hooper I suspect in the summer)

Lafferty gone good news - he would not play anyway - From what I have seen of AN is that he is a 1 striker man and I suspect in the summer he will have a mini clear. I can also see Hooper being offloaded as I cant see him starting many games.

From AN''s comments after the Birmingham game he prefers to control the midfield rather than gun ho attack (2 up front)

What we do need is a left midfield player , does not need to have lots of pace but just be able to deliver quality crosses into the box

With only one forward & the extra player in midfield I think the defense will come good as they will not be so exposed

Newton, you are wrong - we got cash!

Having a £4 million bid accepted for a Premier League midfielder suggests we are ready and willing to spend. Problem is particularly in January we rely, as do all other clubs on other deals happenining. I.E. NUMBNUTS - IT AIN''T ALL ABOUT THE AMOUNT OF CASH WHAT YOU GOT!

Prey Newton lad, can you give me three examples of how you ''support'' the club? You come across as someone with a rather toxic personality disorder. Always looking to blame and making up ''facts'' and criticising others as they disagree with your informed ''opinions''.

Brighton if we had cash the deal for Dorrons would have gone thro -

WBA have signed his replacement already - Fletcher from Man U

NUMBNUTS - Dorrons wasent a cash purchase but a player swap with a further £1/2M coming our way

When Olsson said no - it fell thro cause we didnt have the cash

WBA dont want Dorrons as they have already signed a replacement

Brighton please keep up with whats going on

Newton wrote the following post at 03/02/2015 1:10 AM:When Olsson said no - it fell thro cause we didnt have the cash

--------------------------

this proves you are ret@rded. end of.

What are u talking about man - if we had £4M why didnt sale go thro ?

WBA already singed a replacement - they dont want Dorrons - its clear to see but they nbow stuck with him unless they can offload in loan window

Ironic that your username is Newton, as you seem to be the biggest idiot on this board. I actually hope for your sake that you''re a binner troll having a bit of fun because otherwise you really are mong of the highest order. How old are you if you don''t mind me asking?

Dont know how true this is, but my ex boss is a WBA season ticket holder. The word over there is that the two deals were to some extent independent of each other but the net effect was city would be £1m up. City made a move for Dorrans and the fee was agreed before a deal for Olsson was even mooted.

WBA would not sanction the deal as they were trying to get city to lever / pressure Olsson to accept WBA terms and sign. This (if true) to me is Pullis being childish, and fair play to Olsson for sticking to his guns.

They are saying Dorrans had agreed terms and passed a medical and was waiting on the nod from Pullis.

As I said on a previous thread Olsson obviously wasnt desperate to get out or he would have taken the deal on the table.

Can all the posters on this thread making slick negative comments about my original post (u rearly big boys)  explain why - if we had the cash we did not buy Dorrons - clearly AN wanted him

WBA had already signed a replacement - Fletcher from Man U & clearly did not want him ?

so why didn''t we just say look Olsson doesn''t want to join we are still interested in dorrans we will just buy him forget about the swap deal here is the 3mill cash ? the medical was done dorrans was in Norwich ( so we are told ) if we wanted him that bad why didn''t we just pay 3mil if he was the missing link to get us to the play offs ?

Why don''t you read what others have said? We bid for Dorrans before the Olsson thing came up but it then got linked at WBA''s end; whether he left was up to them, not us.

Meanwhile we also bought Andreu for £1m+ and were bidding £2m for Noone: how is that a club with no cash? Just because we didn''t waste what we''ve got it is not a bad thing - there wasn''t any real need to pay over the odds when the loan market comes in very soon and we can pick up players then if we need to. That makes perfect business sense, though it is obviously too simple for some to understand.