Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

The irony

I am not for one moment wishing he were still here but...

the irony for me is that Chris H would, I believe, have done much better this season in the champ via his tactics....

the irony....

As I say - that is not a desire just a feeling. I happen to wish we had gone for an experienced hand that is neither Neil nor Chris.

Dean, two points. First of all, in order for you to apply the word "irony" a situation or state of affairs has to exist. It does not. Your "feeling" on the matter doesn''t qualify for it to be considered ironic. Secondly, Chris Hughton has not yet been able to obtain a job anywhere in the Championship even though he has apparently has thrown his hat in the ring, and there are a lot of clubs struggling a heck of a lot more than Norwich is.

Was supposedly in the running for Fulham, Wigan, Leeds, Bolton no doubt a couple more.

I was not a Hughton man at all, never wanted him and wa

nted him gone after his first season here. But i am suprised he hadnt been given a championship job yet as i feel this is his level.

Sadly i like many others dont think this is Adams level but our board are too proud to admit that they made a massive gamble and so far it has back fired big time.

Yankeecanary should concern himself not with trivial points of grammar in the OP but concentrate on the point being made. Namely that replacing Hughton with Adams was always a disastrous decision, from the frying pan to the fire.

I know all about the poor results, the dour football and how no-one would want him back etc etc....however - if  Hughton had been allowed to finish the season, for better or worse, we could have been better keeping him for this season, whichever division.   That would have taken a gargantuan amount of nerve from the board to hold fast - but it has worked so far in Newcastle - Pardew is still there despite vast loads of Geordies regularly wanting him gone.   Had he stayed, would we be any worse off?   We''d still have Bassong.......and Hughton has a good record with a good squad in the championship.....