Sign in to follow this  
fen canary

Unrest at Club

Make of this as you will and no I am not a binner.

I have heard from a "Friend" of someone connected to the club that all is not well in the camp.

The players are baffled by selections and formations and are going just going through the motions knowing that ultimately the manager will carry the can.

Not picking on BJ but on Saturday when we were 3 on 1 and he elected to shoot from distance, the other 2 did not remonstrate ( I would have been well p****d off ) and BJ just seemed to shrug his shoulders as if it did not matter even though it would have probably sealed the 3 points.

I am only passing on what I have heard.

Nonsense if he had scored you would have been saying what a great goal it was.Johnson had a clear sight at goal and had every right to have a go. The keeper made a great save and there is no reason to believe that Jerome or Grabban would have done any better.

[quote user="fen canary"]My point was the reaction of the players, although I disagree that BJ was right to shoot.[/quote]Jerome and Grabban would have made the same choice in his position and they would have both been correct. Sometimes you just have to give the keeper some credit.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="fen canary"]My point was the reaction of the players, although I disagree that BJ was right to shoot.[/quote]Jerome and Grabban would have made the same choice in his position and they would have both been correct. Sometimes you just have to give the keeper some credit.[/quote]

I disagree Ricardo. In my view Johnson should have drawn the defender and played in one of the other 2 to have a shot from a better angle and range. instead he took on a shot from outside the box right in the middle. I think he should have played in the player on the right although i can''t quite recall which was which so if that was Grabban maybe not!

All about opinions though........

Whether Johnson took the right option is not really the OP''s main point more about the body language. On that front I have no similar info although i have been a little alarmed at the body language of some of our players of late. They just don''t seem to be that "up for it." That could though be as much down to the poor results as anything else!

was also thinking this about Hooper''s reaction to scoring the vital late equaliser - hardly any reaction at all, almost looked embarrassed. 

Its always difficult in these situations, particularly as outsiders , to know exactly what is truth and fiction .There were similar allegations last season that players were  not ''up for'' Hughton''s methods/tactics . And , by the bitter end, these allegation were not that thinly veiled. I can see similar traits creeping in this season, to be honest, and it does not bode well. Of course it will be said that any professional player should give his all regardless of who is sitting in the Manager''s Office chair, and that''s very hard to argue against.But one of the many rods that the board have put on their backs by Adams''s appointment is that , rightly or wrongly, some players will have the heaven-sent opportunity to excuse bad performances by the manager''s inexperience/naiveté.

OP has small man syndrome making up stories

Tell us one about morisons wife and Tierney, binner.

[quote user="Buh"]OP has small man syndrome making up stories

Tell us one about morisons wife and Tierney, binner.[/quote]You know that for a fact, do you, Buh ?Or are you just arrogantly assuming that you know better?

[quote user="Buh"]OP has small man syndrome making up stories

Tell us one about morisons wife and Tierney, binner.[/quote]

I know I should not rise to your puerile attempt at sarcasm but there are some sensible people that care about our club.

[quote user="ricardo"]Nonsense if he had scored you would have been saying what a great goal it was.Johnson had a clear sight at goal and had every right to have a go. The keeper made a great save and there is no reason to believe that Jerome or Grabban would have done any better.[/quote]Exactly Ricardo, if Martin''s shot had gone high and wide the same accusations would have been aimed at him......[quote user="fen canary"]Not picking on BJ but on Saturday when we were 3

on 1 and he elected to shoot from distance, the other 2 did not

remonstrate ( I would have been well p****d off ) and BJ just seemed to

shrug his shoulders as if it did not matter even though it would have

probably sealed the 3 points.[/quote]

If this has merit.

If the players are trying to get Adams sacked.

If Phelan takes over then his first job should be to establish the ring leaders of this revolution and get rid. Any organisation needs its staff pulling in the same direction to move forward.

[quote user="percy varco"]If this has merit.[/quote]Ha! Well, he did hear it from ''a "Friend" of someone connected to the club'' so it must be true. [:S]

If I had ten pence for every time someone started a thread like this over the years, I would have nigh on £11.50 by now.

Of course, it''s entirely plausible, but most likely pure, made up conjecture.

Honestly what a load of rubbish. We are devoid of confidence and decision making is often off aswell as players perhaps not showing for the ball but that happens in football. Honestly does anyone believe the entire squad have got together and said lets not bother to try.

[quote user="jb"]was also thinking this about Hooper''s reaction to scoring the vital late equaliser - hardly any reaction at all, almost looked embarrassed.  [/quote]

Err...maybe he thought "no time to celebrate, let''s just see if we can nick another and win"?

[quote user="morty"]If I had ten pence for every time someone started a thread like this over the years, I would have nigh on £11.50 by now.

Of course, it''s entirely plausible, but most likely pure, made up conjecture.[/quote]

+1

One or two posters went into paroxysms of delight at the thought of intrigue and unrest behind the scenes under Hughton - because they wanted it, so that Hughton would be even more undermined.     I hope those same people that revelled in last seasons demise are not going to do the same this season.  Adams is struggling to keep his head above water maybe - and there are plenty of us who think he should step down, but there is still everything to play for this season - and if the board keep Adams, then we''d best hope he and Phelan can sort it out.  We need it to work. We need the players to be onside.   We do not need rumours of trouble behind the scenes. Rumours just cause more rumours and bad feeling, especially when unfounded.

Don''t have the benefit of seeing a replay of johnsons shot and I can understand why he had a shot but at the time I was going mental. It looked like he could have travelled further himself (again I don''t know how plausible that was as haven''t seen it back) and he had at least 2 other teammates in a better position who wouldn''t have had the goalkeeper poised to save their shots as quickly.

Yes it was a decent shot and a good save but that and jeromes header were our clear cut chances to end the game and ease the pressure on all.

Having said all that, it''s not as clear an indication of lack of passion and unrest as the rest of the game. This was the worst game I''ve seen so far this season for lack of organisation, passion and commitment. No consistent, concentrated team effort to win the game. Too often headless chickens with no real desire to win the game.

[quote user="Kurious Oranj"]. This was the worst game I''ve seen so far this season for lack of organisation, passion and commitment. No consistent, concentrated team effort to win the game. Too often headless chickens with no real desire to win the game.[/quote]I''m afraid that''s the distinct feeling I''m getting too these days KO. But whether that''s down to lack of good coaching and general lethargy as opposed to an all out conspiracy is a different matter altogether.For my part, I really cannot believe that there is an organised mutiny as such against Adams . But I can well believe that some of the senior players in particular are disillusioned and demotivated by some of the bizarre tactics and team selections, and they have no faith that those in charge have the wherewithal to sort it out.

Load of old tosh if ever I''ve heard it.BJ was right to shoot, most players would have done.Based on this theory, the players were no doubt gutted when Martin shot and scored rather than passing it to Redmond, Grabban or Tettey.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Load of old tosh if ever I''ve heard it.BJ was right to shoot, most players would have done.Based on this theory, the players were no doubt gutted when Martin shot and scored rather than passing it to Redmond, Grabban or Tettey.[/quote]

I''m not saying there''s any reasoning behind it other than Johnson wanted the glory himself but I''ve just looked at it back.

At the moment he shoots its 3 against 2 (1 being the goalkeeper). We could have literally walked it into the net. It''s also not that much closer than martins wonder strike so the chances of him scoring aren''t that high to start with.

I think it''s tosh people are dismissing it as ''most players would have done the same'' blah blah...

Sam votes didn''t shoot when in the exact same scenario against the binners.....what was the result of that bit of play? Oh yeh, we scored.

Is this the same Bradley Johnson who is well known for his rational and calm decision making? The same Bradley Johnson who is known for getting his head up and looking at all options before committing successfully to a course of action?

Could it be Bradley Johnson was just being Bradley Johnson by once again making the wrong decision at a critical moment?

[quote user="jb"]was also thinking this about Hooper''s reaction to scoring the vital late equaliser - hardly any reaction at all, almost looked embarrassed.  [/quote]

My recollection is that after Hooper scored Cameron Jerome grabbed the ball from the net and ran it back to the centre spot. So no great celebration because it was the reaction of a team that wanted to get on with it and win the game!!!

I heard a rumour but it wasn''t about the players of the manager it was about the OP''s wife.

And Tierney

AND Morison!

Anyone for a kebab?