Sign in to follow this  
Martin Peters Ghost

Reason why Mike Phelan has not had a job?

It is almost exactly 18 months to the day since Mike Phelan was sacked by Man U. This could explain the odd starting date with us of Wednesday 26th. He may have had a good compensation payment and part of the settlement was that he could not be employed for 18 months.

Pure conjecture but could explain why he has not been enmployed since May 2013.

I suspect he had earned enough to pick and choose what he did next.I also think he was one of the main contenders for the Wigan job.

Because clubs employ managers, yes managers, they already have a back room staff. The place where I think he could''ve gone to was Villa as culverhouse and Karsa went and he didn''t have anyone. Apart from that the only clubs who appoint inexperienced managers are probably not as attractive a prospect for Phelan. That''s not necessarily a dig at the club or Adams because everyone has to start somewhere and to have Phelan as part of your staff in your first managerial role ain''t bad, thats the only explanation I can think of, and I can''t see him wanting a role like Joe Royle has at Everton

[quote user="Kidderminster Exile"]Well I do know he was contacted re the last managerial vacancy at west brom but did not take up the offer to steak to them. This is genuine 100%[/quote]Guess he was worried he might get a bit of a grilling at the interview ?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Kidderminster Exile"]Well I do know he was contacted re the last managerial vacancy at west brom but did not take up the offer to steak to them. This is genuine 100%[/quote]Guess he was worried he might get a bit of a grilling at the interview ?[/quote]

Sauce?

[quote user="CiderkiddCanary"]Perhaps he''d already booked his kids in for swimming lessons up in Manchester and they''ve just ended?[/quote]

Thanks for reminding me of that classic post!

Probably the main reason why he has not worked for the past 18 months is because No One wanted him.

Apart from NCFC BOD who are now bowing to supporters. Best they got rid of Holt and kept Robson.

Maybe he was on a 12 months rolling contract so got 12 months compensation and decided to have a break and enjoy his family. We don''t know what jobs he''s been offered or what interviews he''s had since he left ManU in May 2013 but I''m glad he was available to be our first team coach, massive experience at a top level and if anyone can sort us out he will.

[quote user="cityangel"]Maybe he was on a 12 months rolling contract so got 12 months compensation and decided to have a break and enjoy his family. We don''t know what jobs he''s been offered or what interviews he''s had since he left ManU in May 2013 but I''m glad he was available to be our first team coach, massive experience at a top level and if anyone can sort us out he will.[/quote]

You should know better than make a sensible logical post like that angel. Not worth the paper it is written on as there is no conspiracy theory or rumour anywhere to be seen. What we need is FACTS that a third party who cannot be named has told a friend of yours.       [:P][;)]

I''m still laughing at "exactly 18 months"

Haha what the hell is "exactly 18 months", how many days is that? Is that a 30 day month?

I swear, some people on here. With the lack of intelligence in this area UKIP is going to do well...

[quote user="Buh"]I''m still laughing at "exactly 18 months"

Haha what the hell is "exactly 18 months", how many days is that? Is that a 30 day month?

I swear, some people on here. With the lack of intelligence in this area UKIP is going to do well...[/quote]I bet you were one of their founding members....

Nah, I''m not into that

Homophobes like you on the other hand would fit in quite well

[quote user="Buh"]Nah, I''m not into that

Homophobes like you on the other hand would fit in quite well[/quote]

You just confirmed your position of one of the most visciously unpleasant posters on here.   Well done.

BUH you are the person with no intelligence. Mike Phelan''s sacking by Man U. was announced on 24th May 2013 he starts with Norwich on 26th November 2014. I would say that is almost exactly 18 months. By the way exactly 1 month today it is Christmas.

[quote user="Martin Peters Ghost"]BUH you are the person with no intelligence. Mike Phelan''s sacking by Man U. was announced on 24th May 2013 he starts with Norwich on 26th November 2014. I would say that is almost exactly 18 months. By the way exactly 1 month today it is Christmas.[/quote]

Feed the troll and he will continue to be an insufferable cuunt. It''s the nature of the beast.

What''s a month, would that be 28 days, 30 days or 31 days!??

Or are we just going on the day or date?!

Based on my calculation he has been out of work for 551 days, a usual 18mth period is 547 days so he owes us 4 days.

But then if I''m being less picky I''ll go with the 18 months argument.....ha ha