Sign in to follow this  
Tim Dawson

Ruddy - Loss of form or not interested ??

Just wondered what other fans think about Ruddy, largely superb in the last 3 years but this season he seems to get beaten easily, a lot of shots have looked like he should have got them.

The second goal yesterday again looked like he could have done better, is he maybe eyeing a move in January and his heart isn¬t in it , im not really sure, not looking for a scapegoat but Ruddy doesn`t seem himself to me.

Loss of form. I sit in line with the goal so for at least one half I can hear hime shouting instructions. Unlike last season where he looked unconfident and was rarely vocal, this year is different, he seems confident and wanting to get the team going, but is in poor form

Personally, I think its a little unfair to give too much criticism of Ruddy.  There must be a lot of frustration there with defenders gifting easy shots on goal game after game.    He could have maybe got something more on the second goal yesterday, but the way the attacker found the space to shoot was embarassing.  Ok, he got away from Howson, but where were the other defenders, surely they could be  anticipating something like that happening and be there to cover.   As it was the attacker got a really strong shot across the goalkeeper - so not too guilty in my books - maybe he did well to get anything on it at all....

As for form and confidence that will surely come as the team improves together and the defence/midfield cover tightens things up.

Barclay seats 48/49 the 3rd wrote the following post at 23/11/2014 5:06 PM:

But your observations do not apply to yesterday as you weren''t there .

-------------------------------

Sorry, I thought when talking about form, it''s about more than one game? no?

Who wasn`t there? Sadly due to Chemotherapy and radiotherapy treatment ive not been to a game since Blackpool away but i watched the whole game on a link ( also the benefit of replays) and think Ruddy was at fault on the 2nd goal.

His ''goals conceded'' as a ratio of ''shots on target'' by the opposition, must be one of the worst in the division.

Adams is taking all the flak at the moment, but many of the players are performing way short of the expected level, with Ruddy being one of the prime offenders.

We''re it possible, he would never be selected for Scotland, let alone England.

As for his attempted penalty save......there''s guessing the wrong way.....and then there''s waving the white flag whilst sinking tamely to one''s knees............

Former England keeper who could have gone to Chelsea 18 months ago with bumper pay packet for bench warming opportunities currently working behind defenders who are largely inept or couldn''t care less (Olsson). JR must be pretty pi**ed off with the Adams regime showing the same attitude/ability of most of his teammates.

We''re with you on this one John, unfortunately this will not get you a move and you will need to see out your long contract.

I am afraid Ruddy reflects the problem with many of the team in that last season they were playing in the big league with tough matches every week fighting for survival where any result bar defeat was good.

This league is a completely different challenge and one I suspect many of the team struggle to motivate for, hence so often this season we play poorly to start with or until behind.

There are so many other players out there who are desperate to get to Premier League just once, that is not so with many of our team who have been there and got the tee shirt etc

The thing to be honest that really hacks me off is the lack of openness from the management from the appointment of Adams to Bassong being loaned to Watford where he straight away played in their back four !! I see little example of any club in this league being so generous to us.

And then Adams really takes the biscuit with sacking first team coach after row over subs in Forest game which anyone near the bench could hear!!

Thats interesting as Adams clearly got the subs wrong so Robson was possibly sacked for thinking what the rest of us all thought, What the hell are you doing Adams ??

At the moment it''s very much looking like Ruddy''s least impressive season in a Norwich shirt.

He just doesn''t look like he''s going to save anything. And that''s not me trying to blame him or every goal we let in.

Hard to put a finger on it in some ways but I guess if there''s a decent effort on target I''m not really expecting/believing he''s going to make a stunning save, instead I''m expecting it to hit the back of the net.

If you read the original post i said im not looking for a scapegoat, Ruddy has been poor this season, but so has Grabban and Johnson , no player should be undroppable but that buck stops with Adams .....

Did anybody else notice how Ruddy stood away from the goal when the penalty was given looking at the bench (possibly asking if they were going to change anything?)

I imagine his treatment by the England management hasn''t helped. Must be hard to see your England career going down the pan courtesy of Hodgson and that GK coach we used to employ

I agree with Tim. Ruddy never has been or never will be International class.His inclusion was simply because of the lack of English keepers in the PL.

He clearly has directly lost us points. Saturday proves it, he should have saved their second goal.....two points lost. The stupid action bringing down a player in the area...more points lost.

Its about time Rudd was given a chance, when called into action he has not let us down, and deserves a chance. Otherwise yet another promising young keeper will leave, as he must be frustrated after playing every week last season.

But the BIG question is, has NA got the guts to do it?

I would agree that Ruddys form is far from sparkling but I struggle with anyones view that he is the main reason for our current malaise - replacing Ruddy with Rudd wont address the more fundamental flaws in front of the keeper.

Up front we are failing to take the chances we have

In midfield the build up play is too slow and predictable to carry enough threat and apart from Tettey is poor at defending.

In defence we are disorganised, lacking leadership,  confidence and not prepared to actually defend;  all three goals on sat were 100% preventable from any shot being taken,  let alone a goal scored,  had defenders and midfielders done even a half way decent job.

I am not exonerating Ruddy at all,  but he must despair at the ineffective unit he has in front of him and it''s inevitable that his confidence will be shaken.   Bring in rudd may bring a little more keeper confidence - but repeated encouraging of unnecessary shots is the core of the problem.

Shore up the back four, that has struggled since the start of the season,  with organisation and shape  to get the best of our league capable players and we will win games

i was told and some on here heard the same (maybe a rumour ) a few summers ago ( I think ) arsenal were interested but they found a injury or a old injury on a scan i dont know how serious it was but they didnt bid after that

he has had a few problems with injury now i am not saying he is finished far from it but every since then that summer he hasn''t been the same maybe it took that 10 % off him maybe it is attitude but i don''t think he will ever be a top premiership like it looked at one point in his career

[quote user="patrickhiggins"]I imagine his treatment by the England management hasn''t helped. Must be hard to see your England career going down the pan courtesy of Hodgson and that GK coach we used to employ[/quote]Confidence destROYed

I think he cannot adapt to a new mentality.

Last season he probably had to make a save every 10 mins or so, this season is probably every 40 ie he has a lot less to do and so that magnifies every mistake.

The shame is that he has made about 5 which has cost us about 10 points