Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Who will the players respect more Adams or Phelan ?

I still don''t know which way this is going to go but this is or could be a major problem

,phelan has worked with world class players worked with the best manager i would imagine has respect all over Europe as fergies No 2

then you have old neil who has no experience been a youth team manager ( did very well as that ) I just can not see how this is going to work

and if phelan is the man to save the club and make everything ok what the hell is adams going to be doing !!

Adams was supposedly the players choice wasn''t he (probably because they knew a new guy would come in and potentially overhaul the squad).

At the end of the day, I don''t care who they respect more as long as they respect both of them.

Phelan is well respected in the game and is an extension of Adams. It is good for the manager and good for the club. The question is: can he sort us out defensively? If he does he''s saved Adams his job

yes but that is what i am trying to say IF he can get us plaing better and sorts out the problems with the team then why bother having adams ?

if he comes in and the players think he is the real deal better coaching better man managerment better systems wouldn''t you as a player think he knows more than the so called boss ?

As the first team coach Phelan will have more interaction with the players than Adams himself, most likely.

I don''t see it as being a problem, personally. Managers all over the country rely so heavily on their backroom team - that''s why many always want to bring them along to any new club. What''s wrong with Adams being the same?

Who would win in a fight, a badger or an orangutang?Does it really matter? All that matters is the results. Coaches don''t necessarily have to be likeable.

[quote user="morty"]Coaches don''t necessarily have to be likeable.[/quote]It does help though Morty, just ask the last guy. [;)]

[quote user="norfolkngood"]I still don''t know which way this is going to go but this is or could be a major problem

,phelan has worked with world class players worked with the best manager i would imagine has respect all over Europe as fergies No 2

then you have old neil who has no experience been a youth team manager ( did very well as that ) I just can not see how this is going to work

and if phelan is the man to save the club and make everything ok what the hell is adams going to be doing !![/quote]

you get respect for what you do, on the day

NOT from some previous stuffI suspect this might have just occured to the board and Adams, but well done for raising it, just in case

I don''t think the players respect Adams any more if they ever did. Bassong one in point, and EB maybe if the posts are true. I am sure the CB''s brought in by Adams cannot all respect Adams and Olsson plays like he has little respect. And would Hooper give Adams any respect.

Phelan because of his record must command more respect until and unless Adams proves himself capable currently which is not the case.

I suspect the latter rather than the former but we are not party to this hidden story. Where I part company with some of the rhetoric we heard from Adams et al last night was about the perception of excellent effort levels of players in matches, and indeed in training. I thought the players were going through the motions but no more both on Saturday and indeed at Forest and Wednesday.