Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Controlled Income.

Although this was mentioned briefly by Ricardo I was somewhat taken back that the Club wish to double controlled income within three years. Controlled income is that which is fixed by the Club and not by outside influences such as TV appearance money ,the position which we finish in the league etc which obviously can vary from season to season.

Now call me old fashioned but to me that means season ticket and casual ticket prices, the cost of food and drink and the price of shirts in the club shop.

Yes it may also include player sponsorship and hospitality but already this season hospitality is never sold out and the programme shows that several players have yet to get a sponsor.

Looks like mistakes by the Board in not believing relegation was just over the horizon last season will in the long run be paid for by the loyal fan base.

It''s hard to argue with those observations, quite simply what I gather is called ''Controlled Income'' must surely have a direct correlation to what''s happening on the pitch and so forth?

The marginal pricing of a cup of tea, bottle of plastic larger etc must already be at tipping point so unless I''m missing something, I''m not quite sure how they''re going to achieve this?

Tilly, hopefully the board are aware of the laws of supply and demand.
However even if they could, upping prices on it''s own could not double income. So it is intriguing just how they plan to double income. That is quite a challenge they have set themselves!

Can''t see how they are going to put season tickets up if we stay in the championship because we''re already paying premium prices?

I would have thought "controlled" income would be more likely the income that has nothing do do with football fortunes, ie the conferencing, hotel, restaurants etc.

When McNally spoke about this there was a bit of heckling from the back about season ticket increases. I think many people made a mental note to ask about it in the Q&A but I guess with so many things to discuss it was overlooked.

At face value it seems impossible doesn''t it? And it certainly is impossible if you take it that he meant doubling the income from the present sources which would be pretty much the case if you tried to double the income from season ticket sales. But there are other ways of doing so and surely there must be plans in place where McNally thinks it can be done. You don''t have to double the price of a shirt to double the income. The income doubling the sales would have the same effect.

[quote user="Barbie"]Stadium sponsorship?[/quote]

See! We''re off to a flier[:)] Maybe the PUPs can double the controlled income. Howabout solar panels on the stand roofs? Behind the goals should be ok now Jamie Lad has left the building...

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Barbie"]Stadium sponsorship?[/quote]Like Peterborough have just done.......ABAX Stadium[/quote]However if Peterboro''s income from this is a guide ie £100k per year, that is not really going to do much in the way of doubling controlled income

There are three options (variables)Double prices across the boardDouble sales across the boardGenerate income from new areasI suspect the club has pushed prices (tickets, food/drinks, shirts etc) as far as they will go -  the market will bear. Unfortunately most sales are price drive ie cut the price of pies by half and you sell twice as many, but pretty much end up back where you were or even lowerIf the club can raise more money from these two areas then great, but it will beg the question why not before ? That is what the CEO''s job is, and why part of his bonus was paid.So it pretty much leaves us with the idea of raising money from new sources. It will be interesting to see from where these come.

Yellows is shut two days of the week. You would think it shut on those days for a reason, but opening for 7 days and generating income and profits on all days would be a start.

The reason Yellows is shut for two days is because it wasn''t making enough profit, similarly Delia''s which I think is only open 1 or 2 days at the weekend and match days!