Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

When is Vadis Due back?

Must admit I''ve actually forgotten we signed a Belgium international in his prime in a multi million pound deal in summer. Any news on when/if he''ll ever be ready to play? Also, can he play left mid? It seems a bit nuts we''d have Johnson, Howson, Tettey, O''Neil and Vadis all competing for 2 places or if it''s for three places, then 4 strikers competing for one place when the defence is such a mess.

I wonder if we can trade a midfielder and a striker for a left mid and a centre back?

All very reasonable questions, Jimmy.VOO must have something about him, but through no fault of his own , we have seen too little of him to decide.On a broader note, I do hope that we are not going to  follow last season''s brand of navel gazing, in implying that a couple of currently injured players will be the answer to all our problems. Last term it was Elliott Bennett who was the supposed missing piece of the jigsaw.  Let''s not heap additional pressure on VOO and Wes in suggesting that all will be right when they return ?

I saw his name on FIFA last week and forgot he played for us!

It does seem like we''ve spent a large amount of money on a player who is only going to have a bit-part role.

Assuming the whole squad was fully fit, I can''t imagine he is suppose to be replacing Howson/Tettey/Wes/Johnson. But it''s too early to judge the fella, he could turn into the norfolk Yaya Toure.

But he wasn''t even mentioned in the pre-match Youtube interview last week, which suggests he won''t be back any time soon