Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

AGM

[quote user="Mickdundee"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="City1st"]to be honest I can''t be ars ed to reply[/quote]Maybe because what I said is pretty near the truth.    We witnessed the coming of Adams with positivity at first at the end of last season - the board''s doing because they didn''t sack Hughton at the right time or stick with him to the end of the season.  We then had the saga of Adams full time appointment, the disrespect shown by at least one player, Royle going, now Robson going, a team that doesn''t appear to know how to be streetwise and the season more than a third gone.  

I''m rather irritated by some of the self-satisfied noises on here - its almost as if people think they have got their nice comfortable club back, "hey, we''ll be alright boys, we''re in the championship with nice friendly Mr Adams in charge and that nice fella McNally pulling the strings."  I find the whole thing rather parochial tbh - I suspect some of our players from elsewhere do too.   We have a fantastic club with strong community traditions - but that should not affect the football team.  That should be business like and streetwise.   That''s what Lambert brought to the table.   You can all sit down at the AGM and soak up the excuses and the  PR psycho-babble, but it doesn''t change the fact that Adams has failed to get a team together that can challenge this season.  He and Phelan had better sort it out quick, otherwise this season will quickly become a write-off - and the board will rapidly find they have nowhere to hide.

[/quote]

Agree with all this except adams should be gone and a proper manager installed from outside of the club preferably, so they''re not burdened down with any of this norwich way nonsense[/quote]Would agree with that too, but I know that it isn''t going to happen in a hurry.  If it did, it would be like starting again and that may not be the best thing.   I think the die is cast - Adams is here for the duration with Phelan influencing things behind the scenes.  At some point Adams will step down and Phelan will take over.  Anything else now, would be folly. 

Adams is a manager - there are plenty enough clues - even for someone like youif it is merely a win you want then maybe football is not for you, and certainly NCFC is not but I suspect it isn''t anyway

Oh yes that''s right somebody doesn''t agree with you and there''re a binner aren''t they. You''re so predictable and blinkered, and I''d say there''s a lot more evidence that he''s not a manager and out of his depth, but then again you''re probably the type that''s happy we''re back in the championship where we belong I suppose. You seem to be sooo happy with everything that the club says and does

[quote user="hogesar"]Funny how the loudest critics are the one''s who don''t attend AGMS, or games, for that matter.[/quote][:D]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="hogesar"]Funny how the loudest critics are the one''s who don''t attend AGMS, or games, for that matter.[/quote][:D][/quote]

How many games you been to this season Morty?

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="hogesar"]Funny how the loudest critics are the one''s who don''t attend AGMS, or games, for that matter.[/quote][:D][/quote]

How many games you been to this season Morty?

[/quote]6 or 7, no idea, I don''t really count. I miss a few home games as I work away a lot, but pay for them all regardless.Why do you need to ask?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]
[quote user="morty"]Is the answer that you''re a bit a bit of a bell-end

[/quote]

Morty!!![:O]

Go wash your mouth out with that new forum.....

[/quote]If it walks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck.....

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="City1st"]As to the performance it is not as bad as some would have. A couple of goals here and there over the past 9 games and we would be on target.  What may well be a cause is an adjusting to Championship play.[/quote]

Can''t quite believe the complacency in that attitude.  Where was that kind of leeway last season?   Oh no, that was a different manager, an outsider.  Now we have "one of our own" in its, "its ok lads, a goal or two here or there and we''ll be there or thereabouts".  Truly staggering.

[/quote]

No, Lakey, that''s not what''s truly staggering. Not even close. I''ll tell you what''s truly staggering. As we got towards the end of September, having been top of the Championship after nine games, a couple of results didn''t go the way we wanted and there were all kinds of posters on here ready to throw Neil Adams to the wolves. Your favorite, Chris Hughton, was given almost two full seasons to take the club backwards. Yet there we were with Neil Adams not even 25% into his first season and people were ready to bail on him. Yes, he is one of our own, yes he did very well with the youth team and, yes...yes...yes, this is his first role as a senior manager but, all of that aside, that people were ready to dump him that early on ( as if they had any choice in the matter ) is staggering in itself but, what is TRULY STAGGERING is that you, the one poster who endlessly, continuously and shamelessly defended Hughton for a long, long time past his sell date, telling all of us that things would get better, we needed to be positive, we needed to give him time,  that you would not give even a fraction of that same consideration to one of our own, that to me is TRULY STAGGERING. What is also telling is that, on another thread, I made a comment regarding the poster T, who was always present defending Chris Hughton , telling almost all other posters that a manager has minimal effect, it''s the player investment that matters. Now, T has not offered anything with respect to Neil Adams. Zero!Zilch! It''s almost as if the two of you were somehow related to Mr. Hughton ( or possibly related to each other ) in the manner and frequency of coming to his aid, yet will not offer even the slightest consideration to Neil Adams as he attempts to learn and grow into his job. That''s how it appears to this observer, anyway.

Yankee, I have endlessly explained to you why I supported the board over Hughton.  He had credentials, experience and a method and the board appeared to stand by him and I could see why.  Adams has none of those at the level we are talking about.  He had to be successful from the start - and he has not been. We have been powder puff at defending all season and that hasn''t improved.  Its not just me that sees it though is it?   We had a poll on here a few days ago - nearly every poster voted "out".    I hope things improve and Phelan helps, but I am underwhelmed at the way the players seem to be going about their business - and that reflects on the manager.   I criticised Hughton plenty of times - and I tried to see positives too - and when I see positives in the Adams regime I will see those and my views will reflect that.

This isn''t some game of happy families we are talking about - its a multi-million pound football club with thousands upon thousands of supporters all round the world.  Put an inexperienced man at the helm by all means, but if he can''t achieve what he was set out to do, then there will be trouble ahead.  The board stuck with Hughton - they missed two opportunities to sack him in Nov and Jan - now they are sticking with Adams.   They will get criticism and I''m sure they are big enough to take that, but this is a difficult period and the jury is well and truly out on Adams capabilities.  Phelan could be the answer. I do hope so.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
He can''t , its not working today [;)]

Lakey, back in the dark days of Hughton I can''t remember any post from you that I could agree with.

Your response to Yankee and others explaining the reason of your non stop support for Hughton does at least explain your stance, wrong though I feel. it was!!

Now, however, I find your contribution to the Adams debate is pretty spot on.

What is reassuring is Morty and his bell end. Somethings really don''t change :-)

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Lakey, back in the dark days of Hughton I can''t remember any post from you that I could agree with.

Your response to Yankee and others explaining the reason of your non stop support for Hughton does at least explain your stance, wrong though I feel. it was!!

Now, however, I find your contribution to the Adams debate is pretty spot on.

What is reassuring is Morty and his bell end. Somethings really don''t change :-)[/quote]Either he missed my post, or realised that I hit the nail on the head.Finally.[:)]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
He can''t , its not working today [;)]
[/quote]I wouldn''t even mention that another website exists, or the whole thread will be pulled.[;)]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Lakey, back in the dark days of Hughton I can''t remember any post from you that I could agree with.

Now, however, I find your contribution to the Adams debate is pretty spot on. [/quote]

My stance on Hughton  seemed the right thing to do at the time, swimming against the tide though it was.  The Adams thing though is as clear cut to me as any issue can be.   Last season we were hanging on and very nearly did enough.  This season we are way off the mark. Adams  has to get it right in the next few games or the season will go down the drain.  If he doesn''t, there will be quite a lot of questions to answer.

I''m with Yankee here, it just doesn''t wash LDC.

Claim what you want but it became palpably clear it just WAS NOT working under Hughton. Not only were we not scoring we were defending poorly and playing terrible football for the most part.

Under Adams we''re at least scoring goals, looking good up front and have had some very good results early on in the season. It''s also clear he''s trying to play quite an expansive attacking game, which he is more than entitled to do if he can get the defence to work alongside.

This has nothing to do with the previous managers experience etc. You''re only as good as you currently are. To say Adams is as cut and dry as can be, but Hughton was worth persevering with is absolute nonsense.

You dont think we are looking good upfront (really) had some good results early on is because we are playing against dross most weeks , Hughton was managing at a much higher level and if he was still in charge now Norwich would be in a better position than they find themselves now .

First of all if we still had Hughton the fans would have largely struggled to get behind the team well at the start of the season.

Would we be in a better position? Thats conjecture. It''s possible we would be, by no means is it certain.

What''s more certain is the football would be as tedious as fuck.

As for up-front, no matter how you cut it we''re creating enough good chances to win most games.

Oh, and I don''t have to watch RvW fall over or pass to...well no one...anymore - which is an added bonus.

However, I agree Hughton was managing at a much higher level but people who criticise Adams of not making changes have incredbily short memories because Hughtons rigid beliefs helped our relegation.

Adams has mixed it about and tried different formations and personnel - much more than Hughton did.

Agreed hogesar.

To me it was cut and dried for many months with Hughton and anyone witnessing the abomination that our team often was must surely have been in the same place. We were coming out of games well beaten with little possession often only one or two shots on target, becoming the first prem team to lose to non-league opposition in the FA Cup, negative tactics, negative talk and players looking frightened and sometimes bickering on the field. It was the most sustained period of sterile boredom inducing football at City I have known in around 40 years of support, and I include the infamous Hamilton/Grant/Roeder era which although of rubbish quality contained some elements of entertainment. Adrian Durham may have been a little over emotive but he saw what was going on and called it early on in Hughton''s reign.

I feel we are in a different place now and rather than fundamental restructuring are in need of a few tweaks before getting back to being competitive and more. I do believe that Phelan is the right appointment to bring those tweaks and blend Adams'' enthusiasm with some grey hairs and experience. While some results have been frustrating I am at least enjoying, and importantly, proud, to be supporting NCFC once again.

22 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Hoggy liked him Nutty. 

Liked who?

Did you find that bet yet. It's bugging me.

If you can't find it what do you think it was?