Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

AGM

There will be a Q & A with the board and manager. Anybody who raises their hand to ask a question will be given the opportunity without censorship.

I expect there will be a few stooges in the audience to ask the really ''tough'' questions. The people being questioned can then give a really good ''spontaneous'' answer.

You will have to wait for press reports or Ricardos thread but then again they probably will not fit your agenda.

[quote user="Buh"]^tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy yokel alert[/quote]I don''t think they''d need many plants in the audience if happy clapper numpties like yourself were doing the questioning. Sadly these events seem to attract those that think the board is doing a fantastic job by making a radio commentator our manager.

[quote user="gabba"] Sadly these events seem to attract those that think the board is doing a fantastic job

[/quote]

These events attract shareholders garbage and it is plainly obvious you know absolutely jack shite about what goes on at annual general meetings.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="gabba"] Sadly these events seem to attract those that think the board is doing a fantastic job

[/quote]

These events attract shareholders garbage and it is plainly obvious you know absolutely jack shite about what goes on at annual general meetings.

[/quote]Since the club has been taken over by media luvvies and corporate spivs that''s exactly the sort of thing to expect at an AGM. When you look at the Norwich City Supporters Trust and see it being headed by the likes of Dick Menace and various other hard core happy clappers then you''d have to ask questions about the reach of the club''s PR machine. However I wouldn''t expect a deadbeat plod to understand these sorts of things, especially if they''re happy with the status quo.

The days of dear old Roger Mumbles sticking his microphone in the face of the chosen few are long gone, watching the Chairman in full flight is always worth the trip out, irrespective of anything else he is a class act.

I''d imagine it''ll be the toughest one the current baord have had to face and I''m pretty sure there are plenty enough shareholders who can ask the most pertinent questions.

"For the benefit of all and for the avoidance of all doubt, could you please clarify the decision making process you, The Board, engaged in to appoint the current manager?"

Something along those lines ought to be fairly near the top of the list.

[quote user="gabba"]I expect there will be a few stooges in the audience to ask the really ''tough'' questions. The people being questioned can then give a really good ''spontaneous'' answer.[/quote]That''s easily solved, just buy some shares and you can ask the questions yourself.

I''m not looking to ask awkward questions at the AGM but I would like to but some shares. What''s the going rate? and is the where''s the best place to buy then?

[quote user="gabba"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Since the club has been taken over by media luvvies and corporate spivs that''s exactly the sort of thing to expect at an AGM. When you look at the Norwich City Supporters Trust and see it being headed by the likes of Dick Menace and various other hard core happy clappers then you''d have to ask questions about the reach of the club''s PR machine. However I wouldn''t expect a deadbeat plod to understand these sorts of things, especially if they''re happy with the status quo.
[/quote]

Well  now garbage if you think I am happy with the status quo there will obviously be no point in me going tomorrow night so how would you like to attend in my place as my proxy then you can say your piece.

Just e-mail me your details and I will get in touch with the club to arrange it for you.

Well I sold the majority of mine to Mr Jimmy Jones way back but I have enough left to still feel the BOD owe me some answers to their decisions of late.

[quote user="daly"]Well I sold the majority of mine to Mr Jimmy Jones way back but I have enough left to still feel the BOD owe me some answers to their decisions of late.[/quote]

You only need one share to attend and ask a question.

I unfortunately cannot attend but would like to issue to a plea to those on here who may be of a similar viewpoint and who do hold shares to please go and make the board aware in no uncertain terms of what the fans feel at the moment because its the only way hat this lot ever take anything on board.

The worst thing that could happen for us right now is for the board to be faced with a room full of brown nosers giving them the impression that the fans were/are behind their decision to appoint Adams or indeed think that he should still be in the job. Its not the forum for a baying mob or for any rudeness but it is actually a very good opportunity for shareholders to put their point of view coherently to the entire board and for them to have to listen. They cannot hide up there on that stage. The thing with Delia is that i think she is often shielded from what many fans actually do think because when people meet her she is so nice to them that fans do not feel it is right to criticise. I''ve been guilty of it myself in the past when meeting her at various club events.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I unfortunately cannot attend but would like to issue to a plea to those on here who may be of a similar viewpoint and who do hold shares to please go and make the board aware in no uncertain terms of what the fans feel at the moment because its the only way hat this lot ever take anything on board. The worst thing that could happen for us right now is for the board to be faced with a room full of brown nosers giving them the impression that the fans were/are behind their decision to appoint Adams or indeed think that he should still be in the job. Its not the forum for a baying mob or for any rudeness but it is actually a very good opportunity for shareholders to put their point of view coherently to the entire board and for them to have to listen. They cannot hide up there on that stage. The thing with Delia is that i think she is often shielded from what many fans actually do think because when people meet her she is so nice to them that fans do not feel it is right to criticise. I''ve been guilty of it myself in the past when meeting her at various club events.[/quote]

You''ve obviously not been near where she sits when she''s in with the fans.

The problem with your question Greeno is that they''ve already said Adams was the stand out candidate. Of course if you don''t believe that then why would you believe a different answer?

The microphone would undoubtedly be passed to the Chief Executive for such a question, the act of ''shielding'' is understandably part of his job description.

Perhaps then something along the lines of:

"What were the key criteria the Board set when looking for a manager and with hindsight do you think they were correct?"

They will continue to say they appointed the best candidate. Only if events lead to an early change will they say they made a mistake. Even if they privately think they may have ballsed up they must back their man until they change him.

I like that they are still giving Adams every chance to succeed. Phelan could make the difference. After all David Williams helpedmake Stringer one of our best in similar circumstances.

[quote user="Bury Green"]The microphone would undoubtedly be passed to the Chief Executive for such a question, the act of ''shielding'' is understandably part of his job description.

"What were the key criteria the Board set when looking for a manager and with hindsight do you think they were correct?"[/quote]My invitation has yet to arrive, but I would ask a different and perhaps sharper question. namely:"Since, from all reports, you were looking initially at an experienced Championship manager, why did you settle on someone with no senior managerial experience, especially since the board''s two previous such choices - Grant and Gunn - were both total failures?"

Good question but the answer will be that they assessed the qualities of all the candidates available and Adams was the stand out appointment.

Perhaps the club affixed the incorrect postage, I''d imagine a nice warm Caribbean tax haven requires a little extra?

Purple, that to me seems to have some legs but it will come down to how they decide to manage the Q&A session. As mentioned previously, the Chairman is prodigiously good at these meetings and is blessed with a canny ability to sweep past potentially awkward questions albeit this will be his trickiest AGM to date.

Like many of us I was aghast when they gave Adams the job full time but even now, after so many managerial blunders previously, I''m still not sure how they ever managed to come up with their decision.

It made no sense in June or whenever it was and certainly makes no more sense now, absolute and utter mentalism of the highest order

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Bury Green"]The microphone would undoubtedly be passed to the Chief Executive for such a question, the act of ''shielding'' is understandably part of his job description.

"What were the key criteria the Board set when looking for a manager and with hindsight do you think they were correct?"[/quote]My invitation has yet to arrive,[/quote]The club can''t afford to pay for airmail to exotic foreign climbs.[:)]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Bury Green"]The microphone would undoubtedly be passed to the Chief Executive for such a question, the act of ''shielding'' is understandably part of his job description. Perhaps then something along the lines of: "What were the key criteria the Board set when looking for a manager and with hindsight do you think they were correct?"[/quote]

My invitation has yet to arrive,

[/quote]

The club can''t afford to pay for airmail to exotic foreign climbs.[:)]
[/quote]

They were going to send it via pigeon but after a thorough research of the situation vis a vis pigeons as against carrier sparrows decided to try a locally trained sparrow instead.

This had the added advantage of being locally based(already nesting in the roof of the stand) and therefore knew the message by heart(Mc Nally and Fry being expert tweeters) leaving it speaking the same language as the board so additional training wasn''t needed.

True to form it should arrive in time for next years AGM!

It always makes me smile how the people who moan the loudest never seem to turn up at the agm or fans forums but yet expect others to ask all their burning questions for them. 

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Good question but the answer will be that they assessed the qualities of all the candidates available and Adams was the stand out appointment.[/quote]

I''m sure that will be the answer Nutty but its really a rhetorical question isn''t it.