Sign in to follow this  
timmmytimtimtim

Elliot Bennett

Long time lurker, first time poster, but i actually have some first hand information from the proverbial horses mouth rather than my mates, mums, boyfriends, sons second cousin who lives near Colney.

I live in Brighton and just bumped into Elliot Bennett on the way home from work, it was chucking it down so did n''t get much time to speak to him as he was rushing to his car with is wife.

I said to him "Please come back to Norwich, we love you and you can actually cross the ball" and his reply was "Well your the only one who thinks so."

Which i thought was telling but you can all make of it what you want, but it seemed as if he is not happy there and could be on his way out.

I also asked him if Adams was as much of a joke as he seemed, he smiled wryly and said "I can''t really answer that." Which seemed to be a yes.

I told him to hang on until January by which time Adams will prob be gone and then he can have a real manger again to which he laughed and got in his car.

From that it did nt seem likely he is staying unless a new manger comes in.

Don''t know if he is on Twitter but those of you who are send him some love from NCFC if you want him to stay, as it seems he could be on the way out, but i''ll leave it to you to make up your minds, Don''t shoot the messenger!!!

I fear this is another one of our good players disappearing off.  He plainly has a strong attachment to Brighton and would relish the chance of regular first team football.  If he wants to move back there permanently, it all depends on whether Brighton can match our club''s valuation of him. 

Let''s have a little look at this. EB is scuttling across a car park with his wife to get out of the rain he is accosted by a total stranger firing questions at him. His replies were....."Well your the only one who thinks so."......."I can''t really answer that.".......and he laughed.From that, you ascertained he is likely to ask for a transfer, sell his house, move his children from their schools, make his wife leave her job and sack the gardener. [:S]I can''t imagine what he''d have told you if he''d have had an umbrella. [um]

I did not say he was scuttling (his pace was slightly below brisk), nor was there mention of a car park (i think he had just come from a nearby shop as was walking across a pedestrianized area to his Range Rover). Neither was he accosted ( I glanced at at him and thought where do i know you from and recognized his freckles and said what i mentioned earlier, while neither of us or his wife broke their stride).

Also i was not firing questions as i mentioned i only asked him 1 question, as i initially just said "Please come back to Norwich, we love you and you can actually cross the ball" which is not actually a question, but a statement, i only asked the 1 question as i said.

Oh and also i did not say he laughed either as a wry smile is a different response to a laugh.

For you to ascertain that from what I wrote leads me to seriously doubt your powers of deduction/comprehension.

Oh now come on Timmy (Timmy from South Park? Would explain a great deal)...The least you can do is keep your story straight. I mean, 2 posts in!

"to which he laughed and got in his car"

Suggests he did laugh fella! Are you sure it was Elliot Bennett? The quotes you attribute to him could be any person just playing along with your conversation, after all.

He smiled at the question, laughed at my final passing comment.

He has those distinctive freckles which made it click, right height, build etc and he was wearing a tracksuit with a white ranger rover with his blonde wife, but i do accept that the last few are not the best identifying features, as it could be anyone of about a 1000 people in Brighton.

It clearly was him and his responses although brief i concede, did not seem that positive and often getting a quick answer out of someone when they don''t have time to think about it can actually be more revealing than if they have time to think and give considered answers.

I maybe right, I maybe wrong about my interpretation, just passing on what it seemed like, as it was something i actually witnessed and heard with my own ears and eyes which seemed a rarity for this forum. :)

Why is it so necessary for the initial responders to the OP to dissect his every word and question the fairly normal conclusions he drew from his brief encounter?

My guess is it''s because disparaging references were made about Adams, whose deluded supporters feel he should never be criticised.

Why else would they rear up against an exiled Canary?

I''m just playing around.

I''m sure you''re genuine Tim. It''s always hard to judge a player''s comments in these situations because when they''re out of favour they''re generally not positive.

It''s quite damaging to a player''s ego to be told you''re not good enough at the moment.

[quote user="danielsroundabout"]Why is it so necessary for the initial responders to the OP to dissect his every word and question the fairly normal conclusions he drew from his brief encounter?

My guess is it''s because disparaging references were made about Adams, whose deluded supporters feel he should never be criticised.

Why else would they rear up against an exiled Canary?[/quote]On the other hand some posters will believe anything written if it backs up their prejudices,without the slightest bit of investigation of truth.Personally i don''t care. Could be true, could not.

That''s cool Hogesar, There have been so many my mums hairdresser saw (Insert Name here) at ASDA on here over the years, I know the burden of proof is pretty high on this board, so I thought I should defend my info from the initial rebuttal to help prove it actually happened!

I have waited this long to post, it a had to be at least a slightly interesting event to break the duck :)

I would love to be wrong as i really like him he is quick, is possibly our best crosser of the ball and is good at the defensive stuff as well.

Who knows what will happen, that is why we all love/hate it :)

Yep, agree with you that we''d be better with him than without him.

I feel for him because that Everton home game last season he looked so sharp, almost managed to add a yard of pace to his game.

When i saw him this season, he seems to have lost a couple yards. Not uncommon, what with his long-term injury. My hope is that playing time and confidence will bring that back - and we can reap the benefits when he returns from his loan!

I certainly don''t think we have enough wingers to be looking to offload him in January.

I''ve met Benno a few times and he very much keeps himself to himself so no surprise by the short answers. My guess would be he just wants to actually play football and not get paid to warm a seat. If he got chances he''d stay

[quote user="timmmytimtimtim"]I did not say he was scuttling (his pace was slightly below brisk), nor was there mention of a car park (i think he had just come from a nearby shop as was walking across a pedestrianized area to his Range Rover). Neither was he accosted ( I glanced at at him and thought where do i know you from and recognized his freckles and said what i mentioned earlier, while neither of us or his wife broke their stride).

Also i was not firing questions as i mentioned i only asked him 1 question, as i initially just said "Please come back to Norwich, we love you and you can actually cross the ball" which is not actually a question, but a statement, i only asked the 1 question as i said.

Oh and also i did not say he laughed either as a wry smile is a different response to a laugh.

For you to ascertain that from what I wrote leads me to seriously doubt your powers of deduction/comprehension.[/quote]

Ok so we have a new poster with claims about talking to a player. Actually fair game to dissect every word.

So he has just come from a shop and is walking across a pedestrianised area to his, presumeably legally parked car! In Brighton!!

Fot those unfamiliar with Brighton it is one of the UK''s toughest places to park a car. And for it to be near a shop, but not in a car park yet also adjacent to a pedestrianised area. Well for me as a relative local that is stretching the imagination to the implausible. But it would be great for the OP to prove me wrong because I would love to know where this haven to park in Brighton is. Might save me from having to take out a mortgage every time I park there.

So OP, location please?

We''re you really nervous when you spoke to him Timmy, did he welcome your advice, did he tell you that he loves walking his dog at Wells beach and would hate to leave Norfolk, did he tell you that Timmy?

I would liked to have seen Elliott tried in a number of games at right back. I always thought he could have been a fit for us in that position. However, I accept that we have knowledgeable people inside the club who would have known whether or not that would have worked. I just think the idea of having pacey full backs and wingers like Bennett, Olsson, Redmond and Murphy could have developed into quite a force in this division. Try to imagine them being developed with the express ( pun ) mentality, and building a reputation with competing teams, that  when Norwich break or counter attack they do so at tremendous speed. Imagine how that very thing could generate excitement and keep the crowd involved.  

What a tough crowd, but i accept you have been stung before, so Sussex Yellow: Just off Prince Albert Street That little road almost opposite Bartholomew Square that runs down in to a few lanes and that square with the dolphin fountain and a pub, the pumphouse or something down there.It has cafe rouge on one side and something else the other side that has scaffolding all over it at the moment that is the corner in question. I believe that bit there down ot the arcade that comes out by the taxi rank is all pedestrianized i believe.

I alas cannot also vouch for the legality of his parking tho it was the end car, so it could have been on the double yellow, but he was in a tracksuit with no coat, and it was bloody freezing today so it did not look like he was out on a major shopping trip :)

So, bloody freezing and tipping down with rain but he was happy to stop and chat about Norwich with a total stranger while getting rained on and cold.

Yeah, okay.

OK, good details Timmy. Did not realise you can even park round there. Pretty narrow and I thought it was all double yellows. Probably is but then you are not vouching for the legality of parking.

I am in Brighton tomorrow for the Kasabian gig. Think I will stick to Regency Square and the second mortgage for the parking charges. Fair chance I would get towed parking where EB was.

Anyway I expect EB to sign for Brighton on a permanent in January. Brighton supporters that I was talking to on the way home on Saturday were also of the view that it was a done deal. More interesting though is that they thought we had returned him a much better player than when he left them!

OTBC

They stopped at the Hermit’s Nest for a rum to keep out the cold.

‘I played for Aberavon in 1898'' said a stranger to Enoch Davies.

‘Liar,’ said Enoch Davies

‘I can show you photos,’ said the stranger

‘Forged,’ said Enoch Davies

‘And I’ll show you my cap at home.’

‘Stolen.’

‘I got friends to prove it,’ the stranger said in a fury

‘Bribed ‘, said Enoch Davies.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]So, bloody freezing and tipping down with rain but he was happy to stop and chat about Norwich with a total stranger while getting rained on and cold.

Yeah, okay.[/quote]

I never said anyone stopped, Neither of us broke stride as i mentioned and it was not really a chat, just a brief exchange that seemed revealing.

Feel free to doubt my interpretation, but you should n''t judge everyone by your own miserable standards, some people are actually quite pleasant.

And the Bin comment well you can just go ********* yourself, how dare you insult me in such a vile manner, i would not even inflict that upon my worst enemy!!!

Jesus, come here to share a little exchange that some people may find of a tiny bit interest than half the twaddle that''s posted on here and get called scum!!!!

Agree Sussex.

When we got him he had out and out pace but lacked the final ball but I suspect that was the point. To be fair to him he developed that part of the game and until his injury he was one of my favourites.

Time moves on, is he better than Redmond (on a good day), jury''s out, does Murphy(s) have youth on their side and great potential, yes. Therefore I suggest that the move was to get him playing again with the aim of it being a done deal for January.

A fully fit EB at the start of this season for me would have made an excellent right back and could have solved that problem position!!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]It''s a shame he''s not a left winger really! He''ll always struggle for games with Redmond there.[/quote]With Liverpool supposedly sniffing around Redmond he could be needed come January. I was pitchside on Saturday, and pre-match EB was sitting in the NCFC dugout for a while, and got up to embrace various members of staff who seemed very pleased to see him. Doesn''t really mean much I know, but he''s certainly still very popular around the place.Also I spoke to a couple of Brighton fans after the match, who also said they believed he''d go back to the Amex in January and that in the couple of games since he went back he''s been the best player at the club. I for one would be gutted to see him go.

timmmytimtimtim wrote the following post at 26/11/2014 8:16 AM:

Bor Bor Bor wrote:
So, bloody freezing and tipping down with rain but he was happy to stop and chat about Norwich with a total stranger while getting rained on and cold.

Yeah, okay.

I never said anyone stopped, Neither of us broke stride as i mentioned and it was not really a chat, just a brief exchange that seemed revealing.

Feel free to doubt my interpretation, but you should n''t judge everyone by your own miserable standards, some people are actually quite pleasant.

And the Bin comment well you can just go ********* yourself, how dare you insult me in such a vile manner, i would not even inflict that upon my worst enemy!!!

Jesus, come here to share a little exchange that some people may find of a tiny bit interest than half the twaddle that''s posted on here and get called scum!!!!

---------------------------

Don''t mind him mate, he''s just a bit of a c*nt, best to just ignore him/them (I hear he''s Buh as well). Thanks for sharing, it''s hard being a new poster these days, was easier in the lambert days when things were rosy