Sign in to follow this  
Big Vince

Board Must Go

How many more mistakes do the Board have to make before their collective position becomes untenable?

This Board is obsessed with appointing people with no track record as club manager.

Appointing a number two as manager is one longstanding favourite ploy of the Wynn Joneses as we have seen it with Hamilton, Grant, Roeder and they all failed.

Appointing people with no experience at all is another favourite ploy, hence Gunn and Adams.

When Adams is shown the door, they are going to make the same mistake again by asking Micky Phelan to step up to manager.

The Wynn Joneses are by some distance the dumbest people on the planet because they never learn from their mistakes and never even recognise them as such and so they carry on in their merry way and the supporters can do nothing about it because Norwich City Football Club is not a democratic institution where the owners can be voted out by all the people who have an interest in it.

The set up at Norwich City is a perfect example of why English football should move towards the German model where 51% of the club is owned by fans.

It is perfectly possible for 2 people to be wrong, but 25,000?

[quote user="Big Vince"]How many more mistakes do the Board have to make before their collective position becomes untenable?

This Board is obsessed with appointing people with no track record as club manager.

Appointing a number two as manager is one longstanding favourite ploy of the Wynn Joneses as we have seen it with Hamilton, Grant, Roeder and they all failed.

Appointing people with no experience at all is another favourite ploy, hence Gunn and Adams.

When Adams is shown the door, they are going to make the same mistake again by asking Micky Phelan to step up to manager.

The Wynn Joneses are by some distance the dumbest people on the planet because they never learn from their mistakes and never even recognise them as such and so they carry on in their merry way and the supporters can do nothing about it because Norwich City Football Club is not a democratic institution where the owners can be voted out by all the people who have an interest in it.

The set up at Norwich City is a perfect example of why English football should move towards the German model where 51% of the club is owned by fans.

It is perfectly possible for 2 people to be wrong, but 25,000?[/quote]Absolutely spot on, Big Vince. They do that EVERY time. Well. Apart from Rioch. He had been a very successful manager. But all the others. Well, now I think about it, Hamilton had managed four clubs and Northern Ireland. But all the rest. Actually, not Worthington. He had managed Blackpool. And Roeder, as it happens, had managed four clubs including Newcastle United before he came to us. And I have a feeling Lambert had managed somewhere. Didn''t we poach him from another club? I seem dimly to remember something about that. But definitely all the others. Apart from Hughton. Silly me! I was forgetting him. He had been at Newcastle and Birmngham. But categorically all the others. All three of them, out of nine. Smith and Jones have chosen nine managers and two-thirds had serious first-team managerial experience when chosen.

Would Norwich City Utopia be our club with the fans, our fans, being the majority shareholders and owners?

Carnage would ensue.

So they actually didn''t follow the little old Norwich they inherited where outsiders had no chance. Brown, Stringer, Walker, Deehan, Megson. Even O''Neil was an old boy.

Purple, I think you have misunderstood Big Vince. He wasn''t basing his post on any facts, he was just adding to the rest of the general ''The board are incompetent'' comments we have seen over the years.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]So they actually didn''t follow the little old Norwich they inherited where outsiders had no chance. Brown, Stringer, Walker, Deehan, Megson. Even O''Neil was an old boy.[/quote]No, nutty, they haven''t followed the Chase model of managerial selection. The facts show that the myths are wrong. Unlike Chase, Smith and Jones have appointed two managers with experience (in most cases impressive experience) to every one without. And four of their choices (Rioch, Roeder, Lambert and Hughton) had no connection with the club, whereas all of Chase''s choices did.

Vince, don''t feel bad about Purple pointing out the facts to you. You are part of a crowd that are jumping emotionally at the moment before thinking things through.

Frankly , I do not really give a flying fcuk about what''s gone on in the past  with Hamilton , Rioch, Stringer, Chase, Geofftey Watling, Arthur South, Uncle Tom Cobbley et al.What I''m interested in is the here and now and the precarious position NCFC finds itself in today . Whilst there are the usual suspects who think if we grin and bear it, it will all be right in the end. But there seem to be large numbers of us who see the writing on the wall in b*oody big letters and wish to know what the current board plan to do about it.

Does anyone really think Delia and Michael have any influence in choosing a manager. They probably listen to those with expertise and rubber stamp their selection unless they have serious misgivings.

Think of the reverse would a Chief Executive tell Delia how to cook a lasagne.

In any event members of the Board cannot be removed unless the majority shareholders so decide.

Reggie, those b*oody big letters you are seeing on the wall is simply graffiti, and people like you are doing the writing of it. What precarious position are you referring to? I could understand your comment if you said you were disappointed with our position, but precarious? I don''t think so. We have lost 5 games out of 18. If a couple of those 1-0 losses had gone our way instead we would be in an automatic promotion spot.

On this forum a couple of days ago ( after the match ) I read one poster who said he had been going to Carrow Road for the past 53 years and he had not seen a worse performance in all that time than he witnessed last Saturday. I would suggest that poster either has poor eyesight or extremely poor memory. There''s far too many of you behaving like spoiled children too much, and far too early.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

There''s far too many of you behaving like spoiled children too much, and far too early.[/quote]Well thank you for those kind , reassuring words, YC, but, if it''s all the same to you I''d rather go on what I''ve seen this season than someone who lives in New Jersey......I would accept that suggesting Saturday''s effort was the worst in 53 yrs is a little OTT, but you cannot tar all of us with the somewhat patronising label of Spoilt Children on the basis of one forum comment. From what I remember of your posting record, you are better than that.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Reggie, those b*oody big letters you are seeing on the wall is simply graffiti, and people like you are doing the writing of it. What precarious position are you referring to? I could understand your comment if you said you were disappointed with our position, but precarious? I don''t think so. We have lost 5 games out of 18. If a couple of those 1-0 losses had gone our way instead we would be in an automatic promotion spot.

On this forum a couple of days ago ( after the match ) I read one poster who said he had been going to Carrow Road for the past 53 years and he had not seen a worse performance in all that time than he witnessed last Saturday. I would suggest that poster either has poor eyesight or extremely poor memory. There''s far too many of you behaving like spoiled children too much, and far too early.

[/quote]He''s obviously either led a sheltered life or not been paying attention or has a serious memory problem. Saturdays game would have a job getting into my "worst 300". 23 shots, 10 on target, I can remember years when those stats would be for half a season.

[quote user="Captain MaunderingEl Capitan"]I can only hope that the take over happens soon, this yank better hurry up and put his money where his mouth is[/quote]Pie in the sky mate.I doubt it will ever happen.

I should imagine you hear a lot of things.....voices in your head being the main one

Delia Smith & Michael Wynn Jones & Michael Foulger have been on the board of directors for too many years now. They first came on the board in 1996 - I believe it was Barry Lockwood who invited them to join the board. They should never ever have been invited on our board in the first place. I agree with Big Vince - most of their managers who they have appointed have been failures - Roeder, Grant, Gunn, Hughton, Hamilton. I think we should all get together like we did when had demonstration to get rid of Nigel Worthington. A group of us should meet outside the City Stand before the Reading game and demonstrate to get Delia & Michael & Foulger out of this club. I would be chanting ''''Delia out, Michael out - when do we want it now..." We should start demonstrating before home games to get rid of Delia and Michael. Come on guys - lets organise a protest - so we can save our club.

an organised protest will have no effect...

a spontaneous one, unplanned and to get a few thousand, would hammer the point home

There is one common thread in our Managers that you are all missing

Besides Lambert & Houghton the rest were either out of work or moved up from a post within the club - in other words no compo for any

The bottom line is she always go for is the cheap option

I had heard that potential candidates on the short list for the role of Manager in the summer were asked to submit an indication of there remuneration package (including back room staff) prior to any interviews taking place

If this was the case this would explain why MacKay, who was reported by many on this board as staying at a local hotel on the edge of Norwich for at least 3 night at the time but, oddly neither him, Sherwood or Lennon were interviewed - Did they want too much money ?

We have ended up being stuck with a part time youth coach and uncle tom cobbly and all as backroom staff - look where we are now

Delia has served the club well and will always be welcomed at Norwich but now is the time for her to step aside and become a supporter

[quote user="Newton"]There is one common thread in our Managers that you are all missing Besides Lambert & Houghton the rest were either out of work or moved up from a post within the club - in other words no compo for any The bottom line is she always go for is the cheap option I had heard that potential candidates on the short list for the role of Manager in the summer were asked to submit an indication of there remuneration package (including back room staff) prior to any interviews taking place If this was the case this would explain why MacKay, who was reported by many on this board as staying at a local hotel on the edge of Norwich for at least 3 night at the time but, oddly neither him, Sherwood or Lennon were interviewed - Did they want too much money ? We have ended up being stuck with a part time youth coach and uncle tom cobbly and all as backroom staff - look where we are now Delia has served the club well and will always be welcomed at Norwich but now is the time for her to step aside and become a supporter[/quote]

You gave 2 examples where they didn''t go for the ''cheap option'' then you said ''always go for the cheap option'', which is it?

TCC

You very sad- if u don''t understand the point I am making you need to get back to school

Have u ever been to carrow road to see what actually happens or our you another internet fan

Do u have an opinion on anything or haven''t they got that far yet at your junior school

The point is in the majority of cases they have gone for the cheapest option and it has never worked

Lambert was a success & Houghton partly successful but they cost - the Board have now gone for cheap ?

TCC u a burke - do u now understand my point & whats your opinion please ?

Do you realise how stupid you sound by saying the board have gone for the cheap option? Do you really think what our manager earns would make much difference in the scheme of things?

How do you know that Adams isn''t earning more than Lennon is at Bolton?

Do you think £200k either way on wages for a manager would effect our boards decision in appointing someone? despite promotion being worth ridiculous amounts of money.

Think you need to go back to school my friend

[quote user="Newton"]TCC You very sad- if u don''t understand the point I am making you need to get back to school Have u ever been to carrow road to see what actually happens or our you another internet fan Do u have an opinion on anything or haven''t they got that far yet at your junior school The point is in the majority of cases they have gone for the cheapest option and it has never worked Lambert was a success & Houghton partly successful but they cost - the Board have now gone for cheap ? TCC u a burke - do u now understand my point & whats your opinion please ?[/quote]

So what you''re saying is that appointing a manager is an exact science, I can''t understand why all clubs aren''t following this method.

You are mistaken my friend - the answer to your question is yes they do care how much they pay the managerial team that''s why we have the cheap option

There is no way on this earth that fools like you can justify his appointment other than on the basis of cost - what other reason was there for giving him the job

[quote user="Newton"]You are mistaken my friend - the answer to your question is yes they do care how much they pay the managerial team that''s why we have the cheap option There is no way on this earth that fools like you can justify his appointment other than on the basis of cost - what other reason was there for giving him the job[/quote]

They reviewed the market in Europe and he was the best candidate.

TCC

Do U genuine believe that he was the best candidate in Europe at the time he was appointed and that his appointment had nothing to do with cost

Yes or NO

[quote user="Newton"]TCC Do U genuine believe that he was the best candidate in Europe at the time he was appointed and that his appointment had nothing to do with cost Yes or NO[/quote]

That''s what they said, I have no reason to believe that they are liars.

I want to end this but do you really think that another club in the football league (not us) would have given there Mangers job to a part time radio presenter & youth coach NO CHANCE

You are deluded my friend

Carry on happily posting advice and your informed comments on others threads

PS Mr Blobby not a real person no matter what your mum said - sorry

Whilst I do not subscribe to the Newton view that cost was the be all and end all of the board''s managerial decision, nevertheless TCC and a few others are totally deluded if they seriously believe that it had no bearing on it at all.All businesses work on budgets, and clearly Norwich''s budget for staff of all levels was greatly affected by relegation.Of course we are never privy to the minutae of this , but it surely is not beyond the realms of possibility that the likes of Lennon and Mackay were holding out for a sum that was over budget and Adams was not ?Whether those who set the budget knew what they were doing or its implication was too rigid is another question, of course.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Whilst I do not subscribe to the Newton view that cost was the be all and end all of the board''s managerial decision, nevertheless TCC and a few others are totally deluded if they seriously believe that it had no bearing on it at all.

All businesses work on budgets, and clearly Norwich''s budget for staff of all levels was greatly affected by relegation.

Of course we are never privy to the minutae of this , but it surely is not beyond the realms of possibility that the likes of Lennon and Mackay were holding out for a sum that was over budget and Adams was not ?

Whether those who set the budget knew what they were doing or its implication was too rigid is another question, of course.
[/quote]

Of course, Reggie, we can all speculate about such things but are unlikely to know the answer from our musings on here. What we can speculate about, however, and will eventually be able to witness, is where Norwich, Bolton and Wigan will finish in the division this season. My view is that Norwich will finish the highest and, further, just for fun, I predict Adams will still be manager at Norwich after Lennon and Mackay have left their current positions. We shall see.