Sign in to follow this  
Dibs

Season tickets for next year now a doubt if......

for me and other people I know is if Adams is still in charge.other concerns for some others is that we are going round in circles with the same mistakes being made again and being lied to.Delia & co need to thinks about selling up because it has become stale between them and the fans after 18yrs +, thank-you and good bye.Who else might be considering not renewing their season ticket/s and for what reason?

This is a very philanthropic gesture, I''m sure there will be people who want to be there who will take your place.

I care about our club and fans and would be more than happy to see my and any other empty seats taken. I have seen enough to make me think and take a back seat for a while.

I don''t mean any disrespect but I really don''t understand the point of posts like this.

If you''re not happy and want to give up your season ticket then do it, but there is a large waiting list and they''ll be snapped up up immediately and when things improve you may find it hard to get another ticket! It''s not like the ground is always half empty!

Or do you think the owners\board are reading the forum and will suddenly decide to sell up because if they don''t some fans will not renew their season ticket!

A change of ownership could be good for the club..... but equally it could be a massive mistake and cause irreparable damage! There are far more failures than success stories of new owners coming in and plundering clubs. How would you feel if we had a Hull situation with a new owner wanting to change the club name or worse, change the club colours because in their country yellow and green are unlucky! And that''s not even starting on the clubs that are virtually bankrupt.

Also if Adams is still in charge by next season chances are we will have been promoted.

The OP was asking the question which I had given my reason.

I was just asking other season ticket holders view on the current situation not if the board does/doesn''t care.

I''m sure the club will be gutted if you left...

Canary call needs more mis-informed, brain dead yokels that "''hint bin tu th game tuday" so you can always join them

Supporting a football club is more than just going there when things are

going well.   I am not a brilliant supporter - I don''t go often enough

and hardly went at all during the Grant/Roeder era - but the times I do

go I see enough people who are totally committed to the club that they

would never give up their season tickets.  

Most people who go to matches every week, go regardless of what is happening on or off the pitch and will keep the vast majority of season tickets occupied every year.   There will always be a few who drop out because the entertainment isn''t up to what they expect, but to most supporters its not just about entertainment.    If you consider giving up your season ticket, then fine, give it up, because it means you weren''t that committed in the first place.  

Take no notice of the harsh responses Dibs. I think its a noble gesture, the sort of selfless act that rivals the altruistic Delia herself. I salute you and consider you and those who join you as martyrs. Those of us not strong enough to be a part of this fight for our club should recognise your sacrifice. I would suggest that if you get another half dozen to protest with you we could all happy clap throughout the seventh minute of every home match.

[quote user="Dave"]Also if Adams is still in charge by next season chances are we will have been promoted.[/quote]

I wouldn''t count on that...

Enjoy your free Saturdays and thank you for giving up your seat to a "real" fan who will hopefully stand by the club through both good and bad times.

[quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]Enjoy your free Saturdays and thank you for giving up your seat to a "real" fan who will hopefully stand by the club through both good and bad times.[/quote]Don''t forget I will also be enjoying Tuesday nights aswell, can''t see us getting out that quickly as it is.

I am considering giving up as well, more for the lack of respect the club seems to show towards its customers though.During the game on Saturday there were a group of Brighton fans sat behind me in the Jarrold Stand who were cheering very loudly when Brighton scored and making no attempt to hide their allegiance. This unsurprisingly caused some argument with other Norwich fans who made complaints to the "stewards", whatever their job is supposed to be, who told the season ticket holders to sit down and then got back to watching the game. This followed on into the second half when the unrest continued after a further argument one of the Brighton fans loudly told a regular season ticket holder to "f@!k off you t$*t". A stewards was called over and their only response was to tell the Norwich fans to stop complaining or they would have to throw them out. It seems the away fans in the hospitality area were more important to them.Personally I found that to be rather distasteful behaviour from a club that boasts a "zero tolerance to discrimination" policy but will happily accept season ticket holders to be verbally abused by away supporters who shouldn''t even be in that area of the ground. The experience itself ruined my own enjoyment of the game (Which I''ve paid over £500 for all games included after they decided to generously keep the Premier League level season ticket price following relegation.)For me the club is starting to behave a bit too much like my custom is a given rather than something they have to work for.

Thankfully you have this forum to compain on

Why on earth is there not some system of putting you thoughts on a piece of paper and arranging for it to be sent to the club''s CEO - David McNally ?If only there were number on the seats and hospitality suites that you could use to inform Mr McNally who these away fans were - or a way of identifying the stewards by their location during the game.Perhaps Dibs will let you join him here

http://thumb1.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/348289/154893194/stock-vector-vector-illustration-of-baby-crying-in-pram-154893194.jpg

If ever a "plastic alert" was sounded, it would be when someone describes themselves as a "customer" rather than a supporter. Go on, ask for a refund and take your custom elsewhere.

Thanks HCS you are the only one who read and replied to my original post correctly. It was only meant for those who were considering not to renew their season tickets but like always you get trolled.

Some of you should be ashamed as you are no better than cyber bullies and trolls. It''s quite easy, just read the question and reply with "I disagree" or give your view without attacking other posts.

We all have different opinions and can be fans/supporters in our own right. This could be a family who cannot afford a season ticket or a pensioner who is unable to attend. This does not mean they are no longer a supporter as they don''t own a season ticket.

[quote user="Dibs"]Thanks HCS you are the only one who read and replied to my original post correctly. It was only meant for those who were considering not to renew their season tickets but like always you get trolled.

Some of you should be ashamed as you are no better than cyber bullies and trolls. It''s quite easy, just read the question and reply with "I disagree" or give your view without attacking other posts.

We all have different opinions and can be fans/supporters in our own right. This could be a family who cannot afford a season ticket or a pensioner who is unable to attend. This does not mean they are no longer a supporter as they don''t own a season ticket.[/quote]

Unfortunately you can''t get away with criticising the club, Adams and Delia, talk about giving up your support - and not expect to get a reaction.   You put it out there..........

This wonderful waiting list that people cling to is almost non existent nowadays. My Dad joined the waiting list in February this year as he retired and could finally go to the games again. Had a season ticket for this year.

Since we went down the waiting list pretty much evaporated either with people no longer wanting a ticket or people giving up their season ticket.

The demand that the club held is wavering and it certainly appears that some people are starting to vote with their feet.

Whilst I''m sure there are still some people on the waiting list if they''re looking for groups of seats but in terms of the 2+ year long waiting list, those days are drawing to an end.

I think it''s a shame and indicative of the "I want it and I want it now" mentality that we have these days in that the board have POTENTIALLY made a mistake in appointing Adams and everyone wants them out.

Whilst I agree that they delayed (to our detriment) over Hughton, let''s not forget he got us our highest finish in 20 years and wasn''t it our 5th highest finish ever? Overall it didn''t end well, but to say he was a complete failure isn''t necessarily true.

We all knew that Adams would get a season at least and I think that (despite not agreeing with the appointment) he needs to be given that at least.

There is no value in simply panicking and making knee jerk decisions when there has to be a reasonable amount of time to succeed. If you look at any other walk of life, you wouldn''t expect someone to walk into a role and be 100% successful in 6 months. There has to be development time for him and his team.

[quote user="Dibs"]Thanks HCS you are the only one who read and replied to my original post correctly. It was only meant for those who were considering not to renew their season tickets but like always you get trolled.

We all have different opinions and can be fans/supporters in our own right. This could be a family who cannot afford a season ticket or a pensioner who is unable to attend. This does not mean they are no longer a supporter as they don''t own a season ticket.[/quote]as long as we don''t express them on here it would seem

as to the nonsense about there being no season ticket waiting list, there are around 8000 folk still trying unsuccessfully to get a ticket for a gamehow do I know ?I read it on here so many times last season when we were being told how much we desperately needed to increase the ground capacity to 35,000

let''s hope this supposed ''lost generation'' of fans are able to get into Carrow Road, lest we lose them forever

....... or until we are promoted again

[quote user="City1st"]Thankfully you have this forum to compain on

Why on earth is there not some system of putting you thoughts on a piece of paper and arranging for it to be sent to the club''s CEO - David McNally ?If only there were number on the seats and hospitality suites that you could use to inform Mr McNally who these away fans were - or a way of identifying the stewards by their location during the game.Perhaps Dibs will let you join him here

http://thumb1.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/348289/154893194/stock-vector-vector-illustration-of-baby-crying-in-pram-154893194.jpg

[/quote]

Your''e making an assumption that the club cares about such instances, they do not.This Forum is a valuable resource to encourage feedback on what is wrong at the club, its not being disloyal, its not being a plastic, its telling it like it is. A friend of mine

prior to PL status was a long standing corporate customer, following promotion the inflated prices he was charged meant the PL prices were beyond him so he was priced out of attending. Wealthy corporate plastics arrived and soon disappeared on relegation. Since the drop from PL they have been knocking on his door asking him to return. He declined the offer. The problem is, in part , we fans think we are part of a family which included the company that is NorwichCity Football Club, that is wrong it may apply to the punters going through the door but NCFC is a multi million pound business and we are customer numbers on a balance sheet. Once you realise the special relationship between fan and club is a con then giving up a season ticket actually makes sense. Apart from those fans in dreamland who believe that "we are ALL in it together" LOL

H