Sign in to follow this  
pete

Loan System

I am informed the loan availability closes today and as it is know 6.30 pm with no news re City loans I guess Neil was just blowing smoke. Since the days of Hucks and Crouch we have not used the loan system with any great success.

Barnett wasn''t a bad loan either.One thing I would say though, players will make more of an impact when what you have is a) desperately lacking something, or b) one or two rungs behind the level the player can play at.Without trying to be harsh, getting Hucks and Crouch were massive coups. There were possibly premier league teams that would have taken them permanently. The fact that Crouch went on to progress his career and Hucks had approaches from premier league teams upon our relegation says it all to me.What is out there like that now? Bent? That is a bit of a coup - he''s 30 which is no bad age, and is a sure bet to bag goals at this level.Looking at our team, the only positions we could want more in for really is left wing and right back.Good left wingers are hard to come by, so to find one languishing in a premier leagues un-needed pile would be hard, especially one that has the experience that Huckerby and Crouch had.Then it comes down to younger players - and surely we have those to blood ourselves?

Forster, Martin, Mcnamee, Pacheco, Lansbury, Barnett, Naughton, Ched Evans, Leroy Lita, Etuhu..

Just to name a few..