Sign in to follow this  
Howson is now!

Black Friday Ticket Offer

50% off tickets for the Reading game.

Not gone down very well with season ticket holders and people having already bought their full price tickets.

Bit of a joke having not taken into account these people and just made all the remaining tickets half price.

Of course it''s not necessarily ''fair'' on those of us who have bought at the proper price (including me, buying a couple of extras), but it happens all the time in other walks of life and IMO it''s just one of those things. I''d much prefer us to play in a full stadium and if it means giving incentives to get that, then so be it.

I can see how this would annoy people - but, as has been said, this happens all the time in other areas of retail.

In fact - one of the reasons we have such big discounts/sales at retailers throughout the year is because in the UK there is no stipulation to price-match/refund customers who paid a previous, higher price. Such a system exists in Canada and elsewhere, and the result is fewer reductions and sales - leading to the ''phenomenon'' that is Black Friday.

The club could have handled it better, though, I guess - especially considering how certain sections of the fanbase are feeling at the minute. Maybe half-price tickets and reduced price merchandise.

Or heat up tomorrow''s pies today, and do a "Black Saturday" pie and bovril combo for a quid

Can''t see why anyone would care really, you pay your money, you take your choice.As season ticket holders we already get a pretty good deal, so a £15 saving for a casual in one match is hardly an issue.  If you bought a TV 3 weeks ago for £400 but it was reduced to £250 in a sale would you be taking it back and demanding a £150 reimbursement?  You''d be laughed out of the door.

I think people are missing the point that there are far too may tickets left than usual a day before the game so hence the Black Friday sale.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I think people are missing the point that there are far too may tickets left than usual a day before the game so hence the Black Friday sale.[/quote]Don''t worry. We''ve all seen that point, but I think the club may not have realised that in one marketing idea they have:a) Annoyed their season ticket holders; andb) Raised awareness to the annoyed season ticket holders that the popularity of tickets has dropped so they may be able to get away with buying them on the cheap in future rather than bothering with expensive season tickets.c) Annoyed casual fans and made them think they''re better off delaying buying tickets in future in case they cut the price again.All will likely lose / delay revenue in the future.Still if we take into account that we have 26.5k seats available deduct an estimated 20k season ticket holders and 3k away fans from this that leaves a potential 3.5k seats. Multiplied by £15 that is a potential £52,500. That''s probably enough to pay Gary Hooper to sit on the bench for two, possibly three weeks.Personally I would have offered all season ticket holders a 25% discount on items in the club shop today as well. That would have made season ticket holders feel more wanted and increased merchandise sales as well.

As a season ticket holder, I have to say, I am really not annoyed in the slightest.I would rather see seats full, than empty.

Jesus, have you fannies got nothing better to moan about?

Waah waah, life isn''t fair...

It''s business and sport, stop treating it like consumers and you will be happier.