Sign in to follow this  
Feel The Force

Press Conference Mike Phelan

Just watched Mike Phelan talking about his move to Norwich on the bbd website. He seems incredibly relaxed and composed and as we know from his united days, good at talking to the media. It''s perhaps an unfortunate camera shot but Adams looks very fidgety and uncomfortable. Then again perhaps that''s just how he is. I think we''ve got a good man in Phelan but it''ll only be a matter of time before he''s either manager or off to another club. Let''s hope it''s the former.

Phelan has had other offers, but is happy enough to come and work under Neil Adams.

This man with all the experience in the world at the highest level of football coaching clearly rates Adams enough that together they can bring success.

[quote user="hogesar"]Phelan has had other offers, but is happy enough to come and work under Neil Adams.

This man with all the experience in the world at the highest level of football coaching clearly rates Adams enough that together they can bring success.[/quote]

...or he sees his ambition to be a manager materialising in front of him

I think he just fancied the pants of Hughton.

The only plausible explanation for being so transparent is the desire to get laid ,after all.

I just find the whole thing a bit soft really.   This season is as bizarre as last season was bad.   Man of no managerial experience given the heavy responsibility to achieve getting out of the

hardest league to get out of in the world -  then watches the team fail

to defend  since the first game of the season with no apparent change

to tactics or player responsibilities to counter it.    Watching

defensive midfielders marauding up the pitch and then wondering why

there are gaps behind......it surely isn''t rocket science..........      Its like the opposite of last season.   Caution, defensive responsibilities, replaced by attack regardless, we''ll score more goals than you approach.     It needs one thing for the attacking approach to work though..........the need to score more goals than the opposition. 

I like Adams. I want him to succeed.  But the feeling I get watching us this season is that we are not anywhere near the races when it comes to having a promotion winning side.   Don''t worry, I was wrong last season, lets hope I''m wrong again.   Phelan may just be the catalyst we need.   But its like a roller coaster.............. a gung ho up and at them never say die manager replaced by the opposite - a cautious methodical sophisticated manager - then replaced by the opposite - a tora tora tora,  we''ll score more goals than you attitude.   You couldn''t make it up.  Why not just a good solid competitive manager with a bit of experience?? 

See what you''ve gone and done Lakey? You stupid boy.

Nutty''s lost one of his Nelson brethren (Cumbria Division)

Welcome to the world of being an NCFC supporter but daring to observe weaknesses within our beloved club…… or are you a Binner?!!

I probably disagree with LDC more often than not . But he makes some very valid points which a few could take at face value and discuss , instead of dismissing him as a "Hughton lover " which he certainly was , but this does not stop his points being valid ,,, after all ,, he is big enough to admit he was wrong about the last incumbent !

I find this years managerial and coaching approach frighteningly amateurish ,,, a sentiment which got another poster some uncalled for vitriol , but what else could it be described as ?

With Phelan coming in, I can see the board giving Adams more time (unless he loses 4 games in a row). I am anxious to see if Phelan can make a real positive impact this month, we can only hope, for ncfc''s sake as wells Adams''.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]See what you''ve gone and done Lakey? You stupid boy.

Nutty''s lost one of his Nelson brethren (Cumbria Division)

Welcome to the world of being an NCFC supporter but daring to observe weaknesses within our beloved club…… or are you a Binner?!![/quote]

As usual you''ve emptied the contents of your head in my direction and as usual it doesn''t amount to a lot. It''s all inference with you old boy. When I ask you to show where I call Lakey (or any other City fan who has a different view about our club) a binner you''ll pretend that''s not what you meant.

Purple shot your credibility last summer. You could get some back by finally answering his question now....

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]I probably disagree with LDC more often than not . But he makes some very valid points which a few could take at face value and discuss , instead of dismissing him as a "Hughton lover " which he certainly was , but this does not stop his points being valid ,,, after all ,, he is big enough to admit he was wrong about the last incumbent !

I find this years managerial and coaching approach frighteningly amateurish ,,, a sentiment which got another poster some uncalled for vitriol , but what else could it be described as ?[/quote]

I''ve said before that I don''t think Adams lack of experience is compared to posters on here. I think it''s in comparison to the managers the posters would have liked to have seen appointed in his place. I don''t see what you do but then I''m not a coach. What are Adams coaching methods and what is about his approach to coaching that you find frighteningly amateurish?

[quote user="lake district canary"]  Don''t worry, I was wrong last season, 

[/quote]

It only took you 150 threads and 2 million posts but you got there in the end Lakey.  [:D][:P][;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]  Don''t worry, I was wrong last season,  [/quote]

It only took you 150 threads and 2 million posts but you got there in the end Lakey.  [:D][:P][;)]

[/quote][:D]

Our new coach looks composed and confident in front of the media, and this is a bad thing for the club because...?

Honestly, some of you people are incredible.

"Our new coach looks composed and confident in front of the media, and this is a bad thing for the club because...?

Honestly, some of you people are incredible. "

My sentiments entirely.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Our new coach looks composed and confident in front of the media, and this is a bad thing for the club because...?

Honestly, some of you people are incredible.[/quote]

Who said anything about it being bad for the club?     Its great to have a coach of his calibre come to the club.  It can only be a good thing.  However, you can''t deny that it has implications for Adams - how they work together, whether his authority will be undermined, who has the most influence over team selection, etc etc.   It has to be a good working relationship - and there is no doubt who has the most experience and authority and know how when it comes to top end league football coaching........so Adams is going to have to be a good delegator.

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]

I find this years managerial and coaching approach frighteningly amateurish ,,, a sentiment which got another poster some uncalled for vitriol , but what else could it be described as ?[/quote]Well, we''ve just appointed Mike Phelan as coach so perhaps someone somewhere agreed with you.

Indeed Sussex. But the proof of the pudding will be in the eating. I''ve always been of the opinion that the Norwich City of the late 80s early 90s had more to do with David Williams coaching methods, and legacy of, than either manager. If we get the same with Mick Phelan it will do for me.

I reply to NN ,, i dont purport to know " what Neil does at Colney" I was describing the "on field " demonstrations , where the tactics ,,, the formations ,, and the substitutions ,, look politely ,, amateurish .

As BBB has since commented ,, maybe I wasn''t the only one ( disregarding the booing ) as the appointment of Mike Phelan , suggested that the same feeling came from within the directors box ?

Are you arguing with me purely because I dared to agree with LDC ?

For one of the older poster on here you do behave like a child Nigel .

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]I reply to NN ,, i dont purport to know " what Neil does at Colney" I was describing the "on field " demonstrations , where the tactics ,,, the formations ,, and the substitutions ,, look politely ,, amateurish .

As BBB has since commented ,, maybe I wasn''t the only one ( disregarding the booing ) as the appointment of Mike Phelan , suggested that the same feeling came from within the directors box ?

Are you arguing with me purely because I dared to agree with LDC ?

For one of the older poster on here you do behave like a child Nigel .[/quote]

Well I''d better try and reply like a grown up.

I think you mean you disagree with what you see Adams doing during the game. That''s different to him being amateurish. I''m sure you disagreed with Hughtons game management but I''m equally sure you never called that amateurish. Which brings me back to my apparently childish point that Adams lack of experience isn''t compared to us posters but it ius compared to other managers. Including Hughton.

Do you thin you could return the favour and respond to those points like a proper grown up[;)]

Most certainly NN !

I was revering to your seeming vendetta againstbanythingbwhich LDC posts as childish .

I disagree with you if you are suggesting that it is my opinion only that Adams style of management and. Itching is amateurish . Not only is it lacking seriously compare to a more experienced managers likely use of our squad , but amateurish compared to some exceedingly less well paid coaches from either the lower or non league clubs .

I am saying this as a supporter who actually thought that it was worth a shot ,,,,,, unfortunately it seems that as we have stumbled through this season so far , no apparent lessons have been learned ,,, as Einstein said ,, to repeatedly make the same mistakes over and over etc .

Was that adult enough for you ?

I don''t have a vendetta against LDC neither I continually disagree with his post. He may say differently but I''d be surprised...

My post about Stupid Barry was quite obviously a good natured joke. LDC may have taken it differently but I''d be surprised...

What made you think differently?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I don''t have a vendetta against LDC neither I continually disagree with his post. He may say differently but I''d be surprised...

My post about Stupid Barry was quite obviously a good natured joke. LDC may have taken it differently but I''d be surprised...[/quote][H] No offence taken here.