Sign in to follow this  
Newton

Adams will stay- don't you all understand it yet ?

Most of the people on this forum do not understand the bigger picture at Norwich

We are debt free, the club is being run on a strict budget, players will be sold over the next 3 years as the Prem money dries up and replaced with cheaper alternatives. BUT we will remain debt free as McaNally is paid handsomely to ensure the books are balanced

Redmond will be first out the door in Jan for £10M , they must now be regretting they did not accept £5M for Ruddy when it was on the table as we would not get £2M now

Delia & Co will continue to sit at the front of the Directors Box for the next 10 years, making noises every now & again about ambition & entertaining football to keep the fans happy

Delia is quite happy for us to be in the Championship - don''t you all realize ?

Her key objective is for the club to remain debt free (she can keep her cash - what she has left in her pockets) and she gets a free afternoon out at the football and a few wines to boot

Adams is going no where as he is like McNally, pulling the party line. Why do you think he was appointed - the best in Europe she said - or are we still that stupid to believe her - many are, they post daily on this board but never attend matches ?

Oh and why do u think we ship high earners out on loan rather than use them in the squad - to save money - have you got it yet ?

If I am wrong can someone please explain what I have missed ?

Sure, makes perfect sense for our board to be happy to remain in the championship and earn £50m less a season......

Ellis it all goes on player costs no matter how much we earn each season - Delia quite content with the Championship - she has no ambition

[quote user="Newton"] Oh and why do u think we ship high earners out on loan rather than use them in the squad - to save money - have you got it yet ?

If I am wrong can someone please explain what I have missed ?[/quote]You''ve missed the fact that everybody tries to ship out players that are unlikely to be needed. Why would you pay their wages when you can get someone else to foot the bill. Its obvious that Bassong does not have his heart with the club so why pay him 40 or 50k a week to sit on his ar$e.Please explain what I have missed.

Riccardo what you have missed is our Rookie Manager appears to have limited man management skills and is unable to handle experienced players which is another reason why we are in mid table

Does anyone still believe anything Adams says - I don''t -clearly the senior players dont (evidenced by the substantial downward trend in there performance each week) - but clearly you do

I dont believe all the talk about players hearts not being in it

The bottom line is for players its a job and successful clubs are managed by a manager who can manage / motivate players - they don''t have to be the best coach but they have to be able to get players to run through brick walls for them

From what I have seen & read about Lambert he was not the greatest coach in the world but anyone who played for him always gave 120% - he has those skills and demonstrates it today with Villa - most of there players would not get in any other Prem team - but they are still at that level we are not

Adams does not appear to demonstrate these skills, Bassong is a well educated professional footballer - to say his heart is not in playing for Norwich is just another way of saying he does not rate the manager & does not want to play for him

Riccardo am I right or perhaps as you suggest I am wrong - a player just wakes up in the morning and says you know what - lets move - don''t think so - get real man ?

Oh Riccardo

Bearing in mind you appear to know that Bassong was earning £30Kpw - can you also explain why Adams ships out one Centre Half on Loan and then signs 3 during the transfer window (2 on loan on Premership Wages and the other for £1.5M) but persists in playing a right back there out of position while we drop points every week

What the hell is your man at the helm thinking there ?

Are these the traits of man who is in charge of the club and knows what hes doing, demanding respect from the players around him

Or is this the first signs of rabbits in the headlights syndrome ?

Me - if I was a senior player at Norwich I would also wonder what the hell was going on - and of course ringing my agent for advice - what would you do Riccardo ?

[quote user="Newton"]Oh Riccardo

Bearing in mind you appear to know that Bassong was earning £30Kpw - can you also explain why Adams ships out one Centre Half on Loan and then signs 3 during the transfer window (2 on loan on Premership Wages and the other for £1.5M) but persists in playing a right back there out of position while we drop points every week

What the hell is your man at the helm thinking there ?

Are these the traits of man who is in charge of the club and knows what hes doing, demanding respect from the players around him

Or is this the first signs of rabbits in the headlights syndrome ?

Me - if I was a senior player at Norwich I would also wonder what the hell was going on - and of course ringing my agent for advice - what would you do Riccardo ?[/quote]I have no idea what Bassong''s wages are. I merely quoted figures that have been bandied about It was quite plain from Adam''s explanation that there had been a breakdown of trust between him and Bassong at the end of last season. A player can never win if he goes against the manager so it made perfect sense to ship him out and look for replacements. You may not like this decision but it won''t be you paying with your job if it all goes wrong.Regarding the right back position, personally I would prefer Martin there rather than in the middle but then I''m not the manager and am in no danger of losing my job if my decision turns out to be wrong.Adam''s has been tasked to manage the team and he will be judged on results just the same as every manager is judged. If he loses the crowd or the team it becomes obvious very quickly to anyone who has been a supporter for any length of time. When Worthy lost the crowd against Burnley, we all knew it. When Hughton did the same against WBA it didn''t need a clairvoyant to tell you that his time was up.Adam''s has the confidence of the Board and he has lost neither the crowd nor the team...................yet.When and if he does I will be the first to let you know. If there is a sudden dramatic loss things can change very quickly but we haven''t had that yet. Barring something catastrophic my thoughts are that Adams will still be in charge at the start of the new year. One thing to remember about managers, never fall in love with one because they will all let you down in the end either by being successful and moving on to bigger things or by failing and being shown the door.

Riccardo

I am glad you agree with me in that Promotion or lack of it is not how Adams will be judged - the Board said as much in the week.They are more concerned with entertainment and what I gathered from your report of the event - the board are being entertained at the moment I understand

As you say, Adams future will boil down to how the fans react at games as we go on. If they turn on him & the board he will be forced to fall on his sword to protect the Stowmarket 2

I can only reiterate my initial thread, in that the Board (Delia & Hubby) are happy to remain in this league permanently as there number one priority is solvency not Premier League Football

(Its a shame you did not ask this question at the AGM)

If a few cheap managers need to be sacrificed along the way to achieve her ends to placate the masses so be it

Pheelan is warming up at the moment -sadly I suspect it will be Darren Huckerby next ?

(Hubby is probably now in the bowls of the Jarrold making a list of all the names in the Hall of Fame and researching who is unemployed)

[quote user="Newton"] I can only reiterate my initial thread, in that the Board (Delia & Hubby) are happy to remain in this league permanently as there number one priority is solvency not Premier League Football

(Its a shame you did not ask this question at the AGM) [/quote]How would you expect them to answer it?It makes no logical sense to me that any team in the Championship would hope not to be promoted at the earliest opportunity.

[quote user="Newton"]Riccardo

I am glad you agree with me in that Promotion or lack of it is not how Adams will be judged - the Board said as much in the week.They are more concerned with entertainment and what I gathered from your report of the event - the board are being entertained at the moment I understand

As you say, Adams future will boil down to how the fans react at games as we go on. If they turn on him & the board he will be forced to fall on his sword to protect the Stowmarket 2

I can only reiterate my initial thread, in that the Board (Delia & Hubby) are happy to remain in this league permanently as there number one priority is solvency not Premier League Football

If a few cheap managers need to be sacrificed along the way to achieve her ends to placate the masses so be it

Pheelan is warming up at the moment -sadly I suspect it will be Darren Huckerby next ?

(Hubby is probably now in the bowls of the Jarrold making a list of all the names in the Hall of Fame and researching who is unemployed)[/quote]But we have just spent three years in the Premier League anad managed to stay solvent - actually rather better than just solvent - so I don''t quite understand your supposed point.

This is one of those threads that is in danger of going round and round in circles. Both Ricardo and Newton believe that Neil Adams will remain the NCFC manager for the forseeable future. For diametrically opposed reasons....but the outcome is identical.It''s a bit like those arguments we had in the 60''s and 70''s as to the various merits of Communism and Fascism. Completely opposite ends of the political spectrum, but , in the end, both totalitarian dictatorships.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]This is one of those threads that is in danger of going round and round in circles. Both Ricardo and Newton believe that Neil Adams will remain the NCFC manager for the forseeable future. For diametrically opposed reasons....but the outcome is identical.It''s a bit like those arguments we had in the 60''s and 70''s as to the various merits of Communism and Fascism. Completely opposite ends of the political spectrum, but , in the end, both totalitarian dictatorships.[/quote]Spot on Reggie. Adams will stay until it becomes obvious to everybody that he has to go. We are not at that stage. (although Newton would disagree)Newton thinks he''s staying because he is the cheap option. When push comes to shove it won''t matter whether the manager is cheap or expensive. He will be judged on his record as they all are.

Reggie

Bottom line is for the majority of fans Promotion to the Prem is the No 1 target

The owners demonstrate that this is not there No 1 target by :-

There lack of ambition with the choice of manager and inexperienced back room staff

Failure to act or even criticize the Manager at the AGM

At the AGM it was even stated that Adams had fulfilled some of there criteria by playing attacking / entertaining football

The words The Norwich Way were used I believe ?

If drawing at home against bottom 6 clubs whose squads cost less to assemble than our monthly wage bill, is deemed entertaining and The Norwich Way by the board - This just highlights the fact that promotion is not No1 priority in the owners minds

Riccardo just trots off the party line on everything - but yes we both saying the same think Adams will not be sacked if results dont improve his tenure will depend on the hostility shown by the crowd to the Stowmarket 2

A very sad state of affairs

[quote user="Newton"] Adams will not be sacked if results dont improve his tenure will depend on the hostility shown by the crowd to the Stowmarket 2

A very sad state of affairs[/quote]A state of affairs that has and will always exist. When you own the club you can attempt to change that. In the meantime we are stuck with what we''ve got.There will be no mass demonstration outside the ground. Last time it amounted to one man having a shouting match with himself. All he succeeded in doing was to scare poor old MWJ so much that when the old boy nipped out for a fag he dropped his Woodbines.All demonstrations are doomed to failure until results dictate otherwise and as I have to keep telling you, we are not there yet.

[quote user="Newton"] Riccardo just trots off the party line on everything[/quote]Since I have no axe to grind either way, I wonder what party you are referring to. I simply give you my opinion on what is likely to happen based on what I have seen with every manager since Norman Lowe in 1955. That''s 25 managers plus innumerable stand ins.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Newton"]Riccardo

(Hubby is probably now in the bowls of the Jarrold making a list of all the names in the Hall of Fame and researching who is unemployed)[/quote]But we have just spent three years in the Premier League anad managed to stay solvent - actually rather better than just solvent - so I don''t quite understand your supposed point.[/quote]But you could use the point you have made Purple in support of Newton original hypothesis. If we had have remained in the Championship or even worse League 1 the finances of the club would have more than likely drastically deteriorated. Three years in the top flight, with and income of between £40-£60 million a year before a ball is even kicked was enough to all but wipe out the debt that had been hanging over the club for many years. No sooner is the debt cleared than hey presto, we find ourselves back in the owners allegedly preferred league position of mid-table in the Championship, with a sold out crowd every week. It does smell a bit fishy to me.

Well I personally am glad to see the back of Bassong, he was showing no interest in The Premiership long before Neil Adams coming in . Hope Norwich clear him out asap. Can see where you are coming from re center backs but when it boils down there is very little to choose between them with Ryan Bennett injured. None Premiership material.

As for this season I think the games have been exciting compared to last, at least we do have the ball, create more chances, more shots on goal, more near misses.  To see us chase shadows last season was the most boring for years. We probably have found our level and if we go up all well and good if not it''s not the end of the world.

As was said at the AGM automatic promotion is what the BOD envisages but I think we will make the 4 team lottery.

Problem is, it''s posts like the OP which makes me glad he isn''t gonna get what he wants.

There''s always this huge issue whenever we''re underperforming where people like to make out we''re different from every other similar team when it comes to upper management. And it''s simply not the case. We''re no different to most teams the same, and larger than us.

Hoggy, you have to remember that we''re all Norwich supporters on here. People like the op are supporting the club by moaning constantly everytime they post on this board. If you really want to see funny stuff you should look at some of the match threads. They congregate together on those and then disappear as soon as it starts to go well for the team. Last week''s was a cracker. When Martin''s wonder strike put us in front it wasn''t even acknowledged by most of the moaning minnies. It just went a bit quiet until Brighton scored. But their support is as important as yours..... allegedly.....

[;)]

[quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Newton"]Riccardo

(Hubby is probably now in the bowls of the Jarrold making a list of all the names in the Hall of Fame and researching who is unemployed)[/quote]But we have just spent three years in the Premier League anad managed to stay solvent - actually rather better than just solvent - so I don''t quite understand your supposed point.[/quote]But you could use the point you have made Purple in support of Newton original hypothesis. If we had have remained in the Championship or even worse League 1 the finances of the club would have more than likely drastically deteriorated. Three years in the top flight, with and income of between £40-£60 million a year before a ball is even kicked was enough to all but wipe out the debt that had been hanging over the club for many years. No sooner is the debt cleared than hey presto, we find ourselves back in the owners allegedly preferred league position of mid-table in the Championship, with a sold out crowd every week. It does smell a bit fishy to me.

[/quote]You won''t mind if I am politely blunt. That argument is nonsense. The board didn''t try to get promotion to wipe out the debt. They did it to get promotion. And only someone who has been reading too many conspiracy theories would imagine we then actively wanted to get relegated to a division in which our finances will be more at risk than if we had stayed in the Premier League.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Newton"]Riccardo

[/quote]You won''t mind if I am politely blunt. That argument is nonsense. The board didn''t try to get promotion to wipe out the debt. They did it to get promotion. And only someone who has been reading too many conspiracy theories would imagine we then actively wanted to get relegated to a division in which our finances will be more at risk than if we had stayed in the Premier League.[/quote]

TBH Purple my post was a little tongue in cheek. However it does seem I have touched on a raw nerve. Do you know something you''re not sharing with the rest of us?

[quote user="Newton"]Ellis it all goes on player costs no matter how much we earn each season - Delia quite content with the Championship - she has no ambition[/quote]

Got 2 points for you and I want you to respond seriously.

First point - Delia and Michael are fans of the club, as fans they clearly want to see us be as successful as possible.

Second point - They are also majority shareholders, now do you think that their shares would be worth more in the championship or in the premiership?

They have absolutely no reason at all to be happy with us just hanging around the championship, from a fans perspective or a business perspective.

[quote user="ellis206"]

[quote user="Newton"]Ellis it all goes on player costs no matter how much we earn each season - Delia quite content with the Championship - she has no ambition[/quote]

Got 2 points for you and I want you to respond seriously.

First point - Delia and Michael are fans of the club, as fans they clearly want to see us be as successful as possible.

Second point - They are also majority shareholders, now do you think that their shares would be worth more in the championship or in the premiership?

They have absolutely no reason at all to be happy with us just hanging around the championship, from a fans perspective or a business perspective.

[/quote]

First point - It is wholly possible that Winnie and Delia are of the opinion that mid to top table Championship is Norwich City being as successful as possible. I would say that you wouldn''t have to go far outside of Norfolk to find a non-Norwich City supporting football fan that would agree with this point.Second point - They seem to run the football club as more of a hobbie/sideline than a main source of revenue for them. It seems that they have a nice time on a Saturday hosting various minor football dignitaries. Getting national press recognition every now and again probably helps them to sell a few books. On top of that there are the three or four restaurants that Delia would have to find new premises for if they ever did sell the club. So, as it doesn''t look like they are going to sell up anytime soon, the price of their shares is not all that relevant to them and they would only want the price driven up if they were looking to get out. Which they''re not.

To be successful in the Premier League you need a Manager who is ruthless, has determination, drive and very ambitious. Over the last 12 years during Delia''s reign we have only had one Manager with all these qualities LAMBERT (who we stumbled on by mistake)

The problem is that if someone demonstrates these qualities they are almost always confrontational - Lambert certainly was and after 3 years Delia & Co had had enough of his demands, said no to him and off he went

We are now reverting back to type with Delia appointing yet another yes man in Adams

Championship is where we sit for the foreseeable future I am afraid until we have an owner with a different mind-set and some ambition which stretches further than what the lunch wine menu is

[quote user="Iwans Big Toe"]On top of that there are the three or four restaurants that Delia would have to find new premises for if they ever did sell the club.[/quote]Just LOL. [:D]

[quote user="Iwans Big Toe"]

Second point - They seem to run the football club as more of a

hobbie/sideline than a main source of revenue for them. It seems that they have

a nice time on a Saturday hosting various minor football dignitaries. Getting

national press recognition every now and again probably helps them to sell a few

books. On top of that there are the three or four restaurants that Delia would

have to find new premises for if they ever did sell the club. So, as it doesn''t

look like they are going to sell up anytime soon, the price of their shares is

not all that relevant to them and they would only want the price driven up if

they were looking to get out. Which they''re

not.

[/quote]

They don''t run the football club. The Executive board do. They take no revenue from the club and never have. This is why the club can be run as a mutual. They don''t gain from the publicity football gives them. The club gain from the publicity they give to it. They have no need for business premises apart from to benefit the football club.

But I reckon you''re right about them not caring about the value of the shares. And I doubt they''ll ever sell up in the way you indicate. But as they are both mid-seventies I do think a plan will already be in place for the future. And I honestly don''t think that plan involves much money heading their way.

[quote user="Newton"]To be successful in the Premier League you need a Manager who is ruthless, has determination, drive and very ambitious. Over the last 12 years during Delia''s reign we have only had one Manager with all these qualities LAMBERT (who we stumbled on by mistake)

The problem is that if someone demonstrates these qualities they are almost always confrontational - Lambert certainly was and after 3 years Delia & Co had had enough of his demands, said no to him and off he went

We are now reverting back to type with Delia appointing yet another yes man in Adams

Championship is where we sit for the foreseeable future I am afraid until we have an owner with a different mind-set and some ambition which stretches further than what the lunch wine menu is[/quote]

How on earth did we stumble on him by mistake?The results aren''t good at the moment and a fair few of us aren''t happy with Adams,but stop making up complete nonsense to make a point.

[quote user="Newton"]To be successful in the Premier League you need a Manager who is ruthless, has determination, drive and very ambitious. Over the last 12 years during Delia''s reign we have only had one Manager with all these qualities LAMBERT (who we stumbled on by mistake)

Championship is where we sit for the foreseeable future I am afraid until we have an owner with a different mind-set and some ambition which stretches further than what the lunch wine menu is[/quote]Well said NewtonLook at the mess Adams made of the youth set up. He got us tangled up in some cup run when everyone knows you should concentrate on the league. We ended up playing Chelsea, who have invested millions in their youth squad - unlike us. Ok we beat them, but only after two games.And now we have youth players who can''t even get into the U18''s (albeit they are over 18) and they are not even playing for us, but all over the place, at other clubs.We are even having to play some of them in the first team to get our money back. Anyway if they do become any good we will sell them just as we did with Sutton, Bellamy and Green.You are right, we need hambition, and that means an hinvestor. Someone who doesn''t want to be seen all the time (or any time). As you also say. No more yes men. We need a no man ..... which might be a bit difficult if we offer him the job, but that is not the point. The point is, something you do when you can''t quite grasp what is going on and you need to get it all off your chest.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]
[quote user="Iwans Big Toe"]

Second point - They seem to run the football club as more of a

hobbie/sideline than a main source of revenue for them. It seems that they have

a nice time on a Saturday hosting various minor football dignitaries. Getting

national press recognition every now and again probably helps them to sell a few

books. On top of that there are the three or four restaurants that Delia would

have to find new premises for if they ever did sell the club. So, as it doesn''t

look like they are going to sell up anytime soon, the price of their shares is

not all that relevant to them and they would only want the price driven up if

they were looking to get out. Which they''re

not.

[/quote]

They don''t run the football club. The Executive board do. They take no revenue from the club and never have. This is why the club can be run as a mutual. They don''t gain from the publicity football gives them. The club gain from the publicity they give to it. They have no need for business premises apart from to benefit the football club.

But I reckon you''re right about them not caring about the value of the shares. And I doubt they''ll ever sell up in the way you indicate. But as they are both mid-seventies I do think a plan will already be in place for the future. And I honestly don''t think that plan involves much money heading their way.

[/quote]I can see it now, this "plan for the future". Bionic augmentations for the pair of them as their organs begin to slowly fail and their appendages start to loose their strength. Meaning our benevolent leaders can continue to raise the profile of the football club by it becoming the first football club in the world to be wholly owned by cyborgs who get no benefit in return. As a further cost cutting measure they could also look into the possibility of developing a Skynet-esq AI to replace David McNally. Which then lives upto it''s name, McNasty, by taking over the world and enslaving the human populace.