Sign in to follow this  
Saint Canary

Which City Player Were You?

when I first started watching the great team it was 92/93 and I always fancied myself as a Robins. Then eventually more of an Eadie.

Ken-loved the pic of you in the programme, looked proper bo!!!

I believe this subject has come up before, and my reply then and now was very easy: Sandy Kennon.

I kidded myself I played like him too, but as I was a little squirt then, and I still am!, I very much doubt he had anything to worry about me and my prowess between the sticks. 

Unfortunately me and my friends all wanted to be Justin Fashanu, but those were innocent times and we didn''t know how things would tragically turn out later.................

I spent a lot of time as Gunny, then moved over to Jerry Goss once I realised I couldn''t keep goal for toffee...

(can''t score for toffee, either, but that''s not the point...)

[quote]when I first started watching the great team it was 92/93 and I always fancied myself as a Robins. Then eventually more of an Eadie. Ken-loved the pic of you in the programme, looked proper bo!!![/quote]

Kent, I''m doing a signing session on Sat lol

Great question mate! I had a few different player I really want to be, but I can tell you I think myself was really a Rob Newman in the team!!!

Here is the list of many players I want to be, in order I mean: Mark Bowen, Rob Newman, Ian Crook, Daryl Sutch, Gary Holt and Adam Drury now. It''s quite amazed I never want to be an attacking player, from I started to play footy match!

I had often reported my footy match in my column Hong Kong Footy, and mainly I was played on central of defense or sweeper. I loved to used my body strength (240 lbs weight but only 170 cm tall!) and shirt pulling (Big Rob love to use that!) to play on defense, although I was learned from what my favourite player Adam Drury''s "eyes on the ball defending", same as Mark Bowen!!!

Hope to play in the UEA in this October in the 5-a-side field again to show off my skill again!!!

Firstly it was big Justin - after that goal who didn''t want to wander about the playground waving one finger in the air...but then I progressed on to Mickey Channon - something about that windmill arm celebration!

I was Chris Woods - Me and my cousin spent many hours perfectly recreating his Milk Cup final penalty save!

Dad got me some industrial gloves (Big yellow things with like a glue-gun pattern on them), told me they were the gloves that Chris Woods wore, boy oh boy i got the p taken out of me when i turned up for footy practise..