Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Must drop ruddy

I agree. Along with Turner he was responsible for both goals today and has been beaten several times by eminently saveable shots from distance this season.

His reaction today to some ironic cheers from the crowd when he managed to punch one clear was not good to see. Yes it''s not nice getting stick from your own fans, but when you''re having an undeniably poor game in a team who are woefully underperforming, it is inevitable. If you don''t like it, your near six-figure monthly pay packet is more than adequate compensation for your grievance..

I was massively disappointed in Ruddy today, who this morning I would have described as my favourite Norwich player. Not anymore.

Time to give Rudd a go.

Not saying he hadn''t made mistakes but I felt sorry for him. He''s done great stuff for City, he appears to care about the club and his performances but he''s going through a tough patch and the crowd have turned on him.

I didn''t agree with this sentiment until he nearly dropped the ball into the goal today.  His confidence seems shattered.  Won''t hurt to give Rudd a go.

Good point. Though Hodgson ignoring him from the England squad at a time when he was quite clearly the second best English keeper around.

That certainly isn''t the case this season though, he''s not even close to being the top keeper in the Championship.

When he has martin playing centre half in fromt of him its not surprising he isnt confident.

Our defence is rubbish, sort that first before blaming Ruddy.

[quote user="shaunieboy77"]They are all off form. Rudd in goal is just papering over the enormous crack sitting in the dugout trying to manage them all![/quote]

They are not all off form - we were on our way to a win today until Ruddy handed Reading two goals and dented everyone''s confidence in the process.

Our defence has certainly made mistakes this season but no defence can be secure when a keeper can''t collect a cross or a corner four or five yards from his line.

Ruddy has frequently missed saveable shots from distance this season but today was even worse - virtually any of the other championship keepers I''ve seen this season would have prevented both Reading goals today.

Giving Rudd a chance may work or it may not but it can''t be any worse than persisting with Ruddy in his current form - it isn''t doing us or him any good whatsoever