Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

Team

Ruddy

Whits Martin Turner Olsson

Redmond Howson Tettey Lafferty

Hooper Jerome

Its the team I had hoped for. About to go now as I missed the last match. Going for a 2-0 win.

Your predictions?

Bit optimistic listing that as a 4-4-2 OP.

Lafferty and Redmond''s natural inclination to get high will make it a 4-2-4. For me that''s another unbalanced lineup. It will get goals but it will get caught. Hopefully Phelan will address this naivete in the weeks to come.

I''d love to be wrong and see there''s a genius defensive shape behind it come 3pm, but I can''t help but feel we''ll have to score one more than them to cover up defensive inadequacy.

Prediction: 3-3

[quote user="Canary On The Wire"]Bit optimistic listing that as a 4-4-2 OP.

Lafferty and Redmond''s natural inclination to get high will make it a 4-2-4. For me that''s another unbalanced lineup. It will get goals but it will get caught. Hopefully Phelan will address this naivete in the weeks to come.

I''d love to be wrong and see there''s a genius defensive shape behind it come 3pm, but I can''t help but feel we''ll have to score one more than them to cover up defensive inadequacy.

Prediction: 3-3[/quote]

Agree word for word with this.   The only doubt for me is "it will get goals" because for a forward line up like that to work it has to win midfield first.....so it all depends on the tactics employed. 

Sad sad sad!

Martin, Whittaker and Lafferty still in this squad.... all need a field to graze in not play on! Redmond... always the opponent concedes possession at will...

Get Murphy and the other Youth Cup kids in before they are wasted completed.

What a shambles

Although I thought our shape was better than the last match and our performance with the ball in the first half was good limiting them to only one proper long shot if I remember correctly, 2 goals were given away from poor marking, someone (I think it was Turner, but people on here are saying it was Martin) lost his man on both occasions.

Redmond and Hooper I thought were great in the first half. Second half, we were all frustrated not only because of the cheap goals conceded (this time from set pieces) but because the team looked like they didn''t really want to get back into it. The atmosphere at full time was a bit ugly (to anon who didn''t manage to go), Adams is on borrowed time unless he wins the next match. I do hope we sack him, that second half wasn''t good enough, not even Jenkins can argue with shower of

Lafferty is not a winger, Martin is not a centre back that''s two players not in their strongest position. Today the players looked as though they were waiting for the ball to come to them allowing the Reading players to beat them to the ball.

I said on a previous thread that the goalkeeping coach no longer comes out at half time with Ruddy and it seems that the whole set up has a half arsed attitude.

Wrong team selection doesn''t help.

Ruddy

Whits Martin Turner Olsson

Redmond Howson Tettey Lafferty

Hooper Jerome

We can''t keep playing Turner out of position and Whittaker as RB to accommodate Martin as a RCB, nor Lafferty and Jerome at the same time. We need experienced ballplayers in our midfield and solidity in the back four.

IMO it should have been -

Ruddy

Martin Turner Hooiveld Olsson

Howson Tettey O''Neil

Redmond Hooper Jerome