Sign in to follow this  
John tree

How bad does it have to get

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="nutty nigel"] Youve put yourself in a position where they are irrelevant. I await events....[/quote]

So, dear boy, what are these irrelevant events you are expecting.

Pray, spill the beans ......
[/quote]

If you don''t know what they are how do you know if they are relevant?

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="nutty nigel"] Youve put yourself in a position where they are irrelevant. I await events....[/quote]So, dear boy, what are these irrelevant events you are expecting.Pray, spill the beans ......[/quote]

If you don''t know what they are how do you know if they are relevant?

[/quote]

Quite TC.

But you are asking the wrong person.

It was Nige who introduced the word ''irrelevant''.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="nutty nigel"] Youve put yourself in a position where they are irrelevant.

I await events....[/quote]So, dear boy, what are these irrelevant events you are expecting.Pray, spill the beans ......[/quote]Events are never irrelevant, they either build up to a crescendo or they fade away like a deflating balloon. You can never tell in advance when things are going to explode . I will merely point to the WBA game for Hughton and the Burnley game for Worthy. All those who were there and had seen it before over the years knew that they had witnessed something that was not survivable. We are nowhere near that point at the moment.Losing badly at home to Reading could well be the trigger but it''s not something I am expecting to happen.

The fact that we struggled against a poor team like Brighton on Saturday does not bode well. We seem to be vunerable at the back this season. The moans and groans are getting very loud where I sit (Upper Barclay). I was not a fan of Adams appointment (smacked of Gunn all over again) The best candidate in Europe ? Don''t make me laugh!

I hope that Adams can turn it around but on what I have seen so far this season I doubt it.

The board have cocked up our best chance of promotion, at the end of this season we will lose all our best players and will be stuck in this league.

This is why an experienced manager was always going to be the most important signing of the Summer. Now we are likely stuck in the Championship for years as the squad unwinds. And to think had we changed manager last Christmas we would likely stiill be in the PL.

Yes Highland, it''s all about making the right decision at the right time. Unfortunately we have screwed it up.

I see the appointment of Phelan as proof that Neil Adams is a long long way from the boot. I think he will be here until the last game of the season and then the board will take a fresh look at things and consider whether we are stronger with a committed novice with a champ season''s experience under his belt or someone else.

I''m desperate to know why we gave Lennon the cold shoulder ... I wonder if we''ll ever know?

Champions League experience and a sack full of medals vs a man without a win on his CV seems as much of a no brainer now as it did then!

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]I see the appointment of Phelan as proof that Neil Adams is a long long way from the boot. I think he will be here until the last game of the season and then the board will take a fresh look at things and consider whether we are stronger with a committed novice with a champ season''s experience under his belt or someone else.

I''m desperate to know why we gave Lennon the cold shoulder ... I wonder if we''ll ever know?

Champions League experience and a sack full of medals vs a man without a win on his CV seems as much of a no brainer now as it did then!
[/quote]

Perhaps he doesn''t interview well.

Champions League experience and a sack full of medals vs a man without a win on his CV seems as much of a no brainer now as it did then

Have been told that he had all but accepted the job last season and had arranged to stay here with an ex player of both ours and celtics whilst he sorted himself a place to stay. Hughton then beat spurs and the board decided to give him more time. Lennon then withdrew his interest in the job as he had been messed around by our board, hence why he wasn''t even a candidate in the summer. Ya know allegedly!

[quote user="JF"]I''m desperate to know why we gave Lennon the cold shoulder ... I wonder if we''ll ever know?

Champions League experience and a sack full of medals vs a man without a win on his CV seems as much of a no brainer now as it did then

Have been told that he had all but accepted the job last season and had arranged to stay here with an ex player of both ours and celtics whilst he sorted himself a place to stay. Hughton then beat spurs and the board decided to give him more time. Lennon then withdrew his interest in the job as he had been messed around by our board, hence why he wasn''t even a candidate in the summer. Ya know allegedly![/quote]Sounds logical, but its easy to concoct a story after the event.perhaps someone will ask the question tomorrow night?I doubt we''d get a straight answer.[;)]

Well it seems Bolton scoured the universe before coming up with a shortlist of Hughton, Mowbray, Mackay and Lennon. Lennon came out top in the interviews but then lost to a team coached by a radio commentator in the practical. Who''d have thought it....

Sounds logical, but its easy to concoct a story after the event.

perhaps someone will ask the question tomorrow night?

I doubt we''d get a straight answer.

True. But the person that told me this was told it directly by the ex player. Allegedly!!

[quote user="JF"]Sounds logical, but its easy to concoct a story after the event.

perhaps someone will ask the question tomorrow night?

I doubt we''d get a straight answer.

True. But the person that told me this was told it directly by the ex player. Allegedly!![/quote]He''d hardly be likely to tell you it came from a programme seller, would he?A rumour is only as good as its (claimed) reputable source.[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well it seems Bolton scoured the universe before coming up with a shortlist of Hughton, Mowbray, Mackay and Lennon. Lennon came out top in the interviews but then lost to a team coached by a radio commentator in the practical. Who''d have thought it....

[/quote]And how would have the clown that is Adams have got on if he had the Bolton squad and Lennon the City one  ???  Wake yourself up and stop pretending Adams can manage because its clear to everybody that he cannot and never will do .

Care to explain how come we were top after games 7, 9, 10 and 11 this season then Cheap Cheap? Probably nothing to do with the manager eh?

[quote user="STFU"]Care to explain how come we were top after games 7, 9, 10 and 11 this season then Cheap Cheap? Probably nothing to do with the manager eh?[/quote]Every team gets a little bit of luck and in just about all those games we were one or two down and heading for defeat , no nothing to do with the manager who is worse than Gunn in fact i would say he is worse than a carboard cutout . Russell Martin would still be playing centre half if not for fan and press pressure ,same with Hooper , left to rot by clueless  but with him scoring at the weekend he will hve to start Saturday so now the clown is bigging him up like he has just discovered this great striker , we all knew he was 5 classes above garbage Grabban what has taken numpty so long to work it out .Sooner he is sacked the better , trouble is now he will try to claim any success under Phelan as his own , 100% fraud .

Every team gets a bit of luck occasionally, but enough to be top after a quarter of a season? I don''t think so.

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"][quote user="STFU"]Care to explain how come we were top after games 7, 9, 10 and 11 this season then Cheap Cheap? Probably nothing to do with the manager eh?[/quote]

Every team gets a little bit of luck and in just about all those games we were one or two down and heading for defeat , no nothing to do with the manager who is worse than Gunn in fact i would say he is worse than a carboard cutout . Russell Martin would still be playing centre half if not for fan and press pressure ,same with Hooper , left to rot by clueless  but with him scoring at the weekend he will hve to start Saturday so now the clown is bigging him up like he has just discovered this great striker , we all knew he was 5 classes above garbage Grabban what has taken numpty so long to work it out .
Sooner he is sacked the better , trouble is now he will try to claim any success under Phelan as his own , 100% fraud .
[/quote]

If that was just a good luck period then we''re probably going through a bad luck period at the moment, when our luck switches back we''ll be OK.

[quote user="STFU"]Every team gets a bit of luck occasionally, but enough to be top after a quarter of a season? I don''t think so.[/quote]OK then STFU. If luck doesn''t come into it, how else do you explain how this well oiled team that was ''top after a quarter of the season'' ends up slumping to mid-table obscurity after just over a third of it ?Incompetence?  Bad organisation ? Lack of effort ? Poor coaching/management ?  The fact that there''s now an ''R'' in the month now?What do YOU put it down to then ?

If that was just a good luck period then we''re probably going through a bad luck period at the moment, when our luck switches back we''ll be OK.

[quote user="JF"]I''m desperate to know why we gave Lennon the cold shoulder ... I wonder if we''ll ever know?

Have been told that he had all but accepted the job last season and had arranged to stay here with an ex player of both ours and celtics whilst he sorted himself a place to stay. Hughton then beat spurs and the board decided to give him more time. Lennon then withdrew his interest in the job as he had been messed around by our board, hence why he wasn''t even a candidate in the summer. Ya know allegedly![/quote]

I wish I hadn''t asked now ... If that is true then that makes me feel even more frustrated! Oh for blissful ignorance!

Well Reggie, firstly I''d dispute your statement that we are in mid-table obscurity. 3 points off the play-offs? 5 points off 2nd place? Or 6 points given Bournemouhth''s superior goal difference. Sure, that''s not where I thought we''d be but I don''t think it''s as dire as you''re making out.

As to the reason for the recent poor form. I don''t think our strikers are scoring enough. We are still creating enough chances to win (apart from against Boro and Forest) as we were at the start of the season but they''re not going in. You can blame the manager for part of that if he''s picking the wrong players, and personally I would like to see Lafferty played through the middle, but how much blame can you place on the manager if players keep on missing easy chances?

Bottom line though is that I can''t stand it when people say that poor results are down to the manager when they don''t give him the credit for the good results. And that goes for any manager, not just Adams.

Fair enough STFU. At least you give a reasoned coherent reply when challenged,unlike too many members of this forum , to whom the puerile insult is their lingua franca. . Fair play. In the main, I would not disagree with you .I''ve never mentioned the word ''dire'', though.My belief is that Adams simply is not up to the task demanded, but we''ll see soon enough whether that''s an unfair slant.

people keep going on about missed chances by our strikers which is true, but also begs the question, why hasn''t Hooper been picked to start yet when he has been fit according to our manager? He was after all our top scorer last season even if it was a paltry amount that he scored!!!

To be honest Reggie, my posts are usually commenting on what I perceive as the stupidity of other posters'' comments but nobody else has ever asked me what I think! I too hate the puerile insults that are used to describe fellow posters, the manager, the board or anyone else.

Anyway,it took me a long time to become disillusioned with Hughton and I will give Adams more time to rediscover whatever he had at the start of this season.

Baldyboy, Hooper may have been our top scorer last season but none of our other current strikers were here last season so how do we know that Hooper is better than them?

Most of the reports of his appearances this season in Under 21 games or the Shrewsbury match seemed to indicate that he was unfit and/or couldn''t be bothered.

whilst I agree to a point it begs the question, why hasn''t he started a game when Adams has consistently said for at least a month Hooper is fir yet persists with Grabban when everybody can see the guy is short of confidence and should be nowhere near the team at the moment!!

Having listened to the responses of the board last evening, and considering its track-record of indecision/inaction ast season, I suspect the answer to the OP is ''considerably worse''.