Sign in to follow this  
whoareyou?

We want Pulis!

I reckon Pulis would jump at this job. An opportunity to manage a club with zero interference from the board is what he is looking for.

[quote user="coming on strong"]Pulis is waiting for a PL job so I don''t think he would want to come here. We need to give our new coach time to bed in as he''s only been here a few days![/quote]

Are you for real CoS? You seem to think a horrible run of 10 games is ''rub of the green'' and that Adams hasn''t had time. This squad is good enough to destroy this league and showed that at the start of the season. However, steadily Adams has managed to make it worse and worse and worse.

Just how long should we give him then?

I''d take his 8 years standing next to Ferguson and winning everything as a bit more than zero experience.[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Pie in the sky stuff. If Adams is sacked, we will scour Europe and find the best candidate is already at the club: Mike Phelan (zero experience as a boss).[/quote]

[quote user="ref89"]I''d take his 8 years standing next to Ferguson and winning everything as a bit more than zero experience.[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Pie in the sky stuff. If Adams is sacked, we will scour Europe and find the best candidate is already at the club: Mike Phelan (zero experience as a boss).[/quote][/quote]
Mulensteen, Queiroz, Kidd -> all failed after being Fergie''s assistant, maybe Phelan is the next Mcclaren.
On current form, success on these owners appointing inexperienced ex-players as managers --> 0/3

Complete strawman argument.I did not say he had success, I pointed out he mas far more experience than Adams.  The point you decided to ignore. What Fergusons assistants did is utterly irrelevant.

I suspect we may be getting someone new, if not Pulis. I gather the crowd turned at the end today. Ricardo is generally right that when that happens it is curtains for the manager. But (and as it happens I posted this during the game) under the particular cicumstances I believe Adams job would be in serious jeopardy even if the crowd had not got angry.Whatever was said optimistically at the AGM can be ignored. The directors in effect pleaded guilty to the charge of not acting soon enough last season, so psychologically the impetus now will be to act sooner than might have been the case.

Pulis please, this "the Norwich way" isn''t that great to watch anyway! Ditch that silly idea straight away and focus on winning games.

Speak for yourself, I certainly don''t want Pulis. He might be effective at winning, but I can''t imagine anything worse than watching his hoofball $hit every week. Stoke had 6/7 years of it, and he was starting to take Palace the same way before he left them.

Horrible "football" and strikes me as a bit of a **** as well.

Massive no from me.

I''m not bothered if we get a new manager in, or Adams stays and we turn it round with Phelan''s input, I just want to see Norwich City playing decent football and getting some results on the board. I don''t want us to be signing players for their throw-in abilities ffs!!

[quote user="kick it off"]Speak for yourself, I certainly don''t want Pulis. He might be effective at winning, but I can''t imagine anything worse than watching his hoofball $hit every week. Stoke had 6/7 years of it, and he was starting to take Palace the same way before he left them.

Horrible "football" and strikes me as a bit of a **** as well.

Massive no from me.

I''m not bothered if we get a new manager in, or Adams stays and we turn it round with Phelan''s input, I just want to see Norwich City playing decent football and getting some results on the board. I don''t want us to be signing players for their throw-in abilities ffs!![/quote]This would be the ''Stoke'' and ''Palace'' currently playing in the Premier League thanks to Pulis?At the moment i don''t care what the style is as long as we are winning. Lambert''s style wasn''t especially the ''Norwich'' way but it was effective.

I recently had three vertabrae in my neck fused together, so I wouldn''t fancy craning them every matchday watching Pulis''s brand of "football".  The only positive is the club shop would turn in record profits.

[quote user="ref89"]I did not say he had success, I pointed out he has far more experience than Adams. [/quote]
He certainly does, sadly experience as an assistant doesn''t seem to equate to success as a manager.  But I agree, he would be a better caliber candidate than Neil Adams for sure. But then The Board scoured Europe and found Neil Adams was the best man for the job apparently.

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"][quote user="coming on strong"]Pulis is waiting for a PL job so I don''t think he would want to come here. We need to give our new coach time to bed in as he''s only been here a few days![/quote]

Are you for real CoS? You seem to think a horrible run of 10 games is ''rub of the green'' and that Adams hasn''t had time. This squad is good enough to destroy this league and showed that at the start of the season. However, steadily Adams has managed to make it worse and worse and worse.

Just how long should we give him then?[/quote]He ought to have until the end of the season. Keep faith in the board!

Despite myself I am amazed at how short the memories are of some posters on here. How many people last season said something along the lines of I don''t care if we stay up, I can''t bear to watch Houghton''s style of football any longer?

If Pulis came in, I would give you excellent odds that within a season there would be many, many posters on here (ignoring Waveney''s multiple personalities) who would be calling for his replacement because of our style of play.

What I want is a management team who can make the best of the talent we undoubtedly already have in our squad. If this was Adams I would be delighted but the evidence strongly suggests that it is not.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Despite myself I am amazed at how short the memories are of some posters on here. How many people last season said something along the lines of I don''t care if we stay up, I can''t bear to watch Houghton''s style of football any longer?

If Pulis came in, I would give you excellent odds that within a season there would be many, many posters on here (ignoring Waveney''s multiple personalities) who would be calling for his replacement because of our style of play.

What I want is a management team who can make the best of the talent we undoubtedly already have in our squad. If this was Adams I would be delighted but the evidence strongly suggests that it is not.[/quote]Most times in life you can''t have everything you want.I''d rather have a winning team than one playing pretty football in mid-table Championship.In any case i think the game has moved on from that old ''Norwich'' style of play.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Despite myself I am amazed at how short the memories are of some posters on here. How many people last season said something along the lines of I don''t care if we stay up, I can''t bear to watch Houghton''s style of football any longer?

What I want is a management team who can make the best of the talent we undoubtedly already have in our squad. If this was Adams I would be delighted but the evidence strongly suggests that it is not.[/quote]

Exactly.

Pulis'' style of football is probably even worse than Hughton''s.

I don''t give a toss about being in the Prem. Prem football is absolutely dire, and we may as well not turn up 60% of the time as we have no hope of winning. Same teams finishing in the same positions year in, year out. It''s boring. The sooner the Top 4 or 5 f**k off to a Euro super-league, the better imo.

At least in the Champs it''s competitive.

If the Championship is so competitive Kick It Off, please tell us what it is about, say, the last 10 league matches that you like so much, that make you appear to want to retain the services of our current manager?

Time for the board to grow a pair and get it done. A proper manager has this squad challenging, weather that is Pulis or someone else. Today was a hopeless shambles.