Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Anyone Keep NCFC Stats?

Would love to know the percentage of shots on target that have gone past Ruddy this season,Compared to the number of our shots on target that haven''t gone in!

Ok, so I''ve just gone through Match stats on canaries.co.uk for the last 10 games.

The number on the left is how many shots our opponents had on target, the number on the right is the goals we conceded that game.

4-3

4-3

3-2

5-4

2-1

1-0

1-1

2-1

2-1

1-1

So in 10 games Ruddy has faced 25 shots on target of which 17 have gone in!

68% Conceding rate, shockingly pathetic!

You can make statistics tell you anything you want but this is fundamentally the problem.

I bet the majority of those games - particularly at home - will show 60%+ possession and/or 20 attempts on goal too.

We are just making life hard for ourselves by not sorting the defence out. There were two identical sucker punches yesterday that took the points from us.

Without those - the game would''ve had a different pattern. 1-0 up and a mediocre Reading team would''ve been chasing the game and maybe taking more risks. The quality in our midfield and forward lines could''ve scored more.

The real tragedy is this has happened throughout October & November. There are so many examples of conceding poor goals from nothing. (and normally when we are on top too)

There are enough threads on here about the defence and, maybe, just maybe it''s time for Ruddy to take time out.

I feel what is certain is that Martin should be at RB with Whittaker on the bench and one of the many CBs we have is allowed a run of games with Turner. The really sad thing is this has been painfully obvious for 6 weeks or more.

Those stats are pretty meaningless, goalkeepers aren''t super human.

Out of all those goals conceded I would say Ruddy could or should have done better on maybe half a dozen, which I''m sure he''d agree is still too many, but whilst he''s undoubtedly in poor form and lacking confidence (he''s certainly not alone there) he''s not playing as badly as that stat would suggest.

And yes, I used to play in goal.

This is probably what you are looking for, other sites may be available (but not free).Use drop-down to select Chmpionship and then the tab "Shots". Click column headings to re-sort Hi-Lo/Lo-Hi.According to those stats, Norwich top the table for most shots on target and are 2nd (behind M''boro) in terms of shots against.We are only 13th in terms of shots on target with 30% whilst opposition teams get about 32% of shots on target against us, or 12th in that table. Converting those shots on target Norwich are only 14th in the table with 29.5%. The opposition manage to convert  35.5% of their shots on target to goals. That''s the 3rd worst in the table - only Fulham and Reading below. Interesting contrast between Fulham at 41% at the bottom and Derby with 20% at the top.

[quote user="Your mother"]This is probably what you are looking for, other sites may be available (but not free).Use drop-down to select Chmpionship and then the tab "Shots". Click column headings to re-sort Hi-Lo/Lo-Hi.According to those stats, Norwich top the table for most shots on target and are 2nd (behind M''boro) in terms of shots against.We are only 13th in terms of shots on target with 30% whilst opposition teams get about 32% of shots on target against us, or 12th in that table. Converting those shots on target Norwich are only 14th in the table with 29.5%. The opposition manage to convertĀ  35.5% of their shots on target to goals. That''s the 3rd worst in the table - only Fulham and Reading below. Interesting contrast between Fulham at 41% at the bottom and Derby with 20% at the top.

[/quote]

Yep - statistics can tell you anything you want them to.

These can now tell us our forwards are the problem as well!

The real evidence is in what we see. Poor tactics and players playing out of their strongest or preferred positions.

The only important statistic is how many points we have after each 90 minutes and in total in May - all the others are irrelevant.