Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Test of NA management skills....

Has he got the guts to drop Ruddy, and give Rudd a chance. Rudd has never let us down, and no longer can be called a youngster who needs more experience. After all we are no longer in the PL.

In my opinion he has not got the skills to be a manager. Much too nice guy, no balls...hope the appointment of Phelan will change this a bit...but I don''t think so. If he stays at the helm we will be a mediocre mid table Championship team come next may

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]In my opinion he has not got the skills to be a manager. Much too nice guy, no balls...hope the appointment of Phelan will change this a bit...but I don''t think so. If he stays at the helm we will be a mediocre mid table Championship team come next may[/quote]

If Phelan was going to make an immediate impact he would not have let that side go out yesterday. When the team was announced it was obviously going to be a 424 which would leave us wide open in the middle as per bl**dy usual.

The whole structure of the team is affected by that because the back four are exposed earlier and are too tempted to drop deep and are unsettled. At set pieces, everyone should have a job but when you have 6 or 7 players on the park who can''t head a ball it''s a bit difficult to mark strikers and defenders who come forward.

Ruddy should dominate his box but doesn''t do that anymore and even his ability to stop shots seems to have deserted him so I would also give Rudd a go.

But then I would also have demoted Adams several games ago, worked out who my best back 4 is and played Hooper as soon as he was ready.

[quote user="sgncfc"][quote user="ROBFLECK"]In my opinion he has not got the skills to be a manager. Much too nice guy, no balls...hope the appointment of Phelan will change this a bit...but I don''t think so. If he stays at the helm we will be a mediocre mid table Championship team come next may[/quote]

If Phelan was going to make an immediate impact he would not have let that side go out yesterday. When the team was announced it was obviously going to be a 424 which would leave us wide open in the middle as per bl**dy usual.

Ruddy should dominate his box but doesn''t do that anymore and even his ability to stop shots seems to have deserted him so I would also give Rudd a go.

But then I would also have demoted Adams several games ago, worked out who my best back 4 is and played Hooper as soon as he was ready.[/quote]

Yes I agree with that. Grabban was played over and over and over again despite his lack of form, when we had a fit Hooper on the bench, which was a big mistake. Grabbans form will hopefully improve or sharpen up, as we need the competition for places. Miguel and Garrido should be given a chance.

changing ruddy for rudd will not solve our problem - probably playing both rudd and ruddy wont.

Until we get a back 4 that defends as a unit, understanding each others role the keeper will continue to be exposed and we will conceded too many soft goal.

organise, defend and we move up the table - that is thetrue test of the managers skills - not continuing with olsson, turner and martin as the core. you have a week - accept and solve that challenge then the keeper and points "problem" will resolve itself too