Sign in to follow this  
Feel The Force

Turner at fault for both goals

Watch the highlights on canary player and you can see Turner is at fault for both goals. He''s supposed to be picking up Cooper both times. The first goal he just lets him run past him and the second goal he''s nowhere near him. Yes Ruddy should have got something on the 2nd one but if you don''t mark a 6''4" defender at set pieces you''re asking for trouble. Ruddy and Russell Martin get a lot of stick on here but it''s not just them to blame. The bigger question is what were the signings of Cuellar, Hooiveld and Iggy all about, just back up? Looks like bad business in the transfer market on defenders by Adams.

I continuly see the flaws in micheal turner yet every one keeps telling me he''s a rock at the back, have never seen it 50p foot 50p head, contstantly pulling players to the ground and genraly being very poor.

Beginning of the season I would have bought whole defensive replacements as let''s not forget we had the leakiest defence in the prem and some how expect them to concede less this season?! was never going to happen was it?!

Strange this.

Isn''t it usual for the centre forward to pick up the opposing centre back at set plays as our centre backs usually have their own men to mark?

And I''m sorry, to apportion blame anywhere but with JR for the second goal is foolish.

Surely you just put your best set piece defender with their best set piece attacker?!

What baffles me is how it happened twice. Shows a complete lack of in game management.

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 30/11/2014 5:35 PM:

Why? If Turner followed his man the goal would have been prevented, you can''t just assume the keepers going to come and get it.

That far out of goal, yes, you have to assume the keeper is going to come and get it.

If Turner ''followed'' his man, goal side, he would have clattered his own keeper!

Just cant see how Miquel, Cuellar, Garrido cant get a look in despite awfull defending from the same players week in week out.

No doubt Turner has made some mistakes recently.

BUT nobody has defended better than him this season. He is our best competitor at the back.

Yellow Wall wrote the following post at 30/11/2014 5:57 PM:That far out of goal, yes, you have to assume the keeper is going to come and get it.

If Turner ''followed'' his man, goal side, he would have clattered his own keeper!

-----------------------------------------

They were both behind Ruddy, that why he couldn''t reach. The Reading player gambled, continued his run and its in the back of the net, as a defender you have to track your man, unfortunately turner didn''t do a good enough job on each occasion.Although Ruddy should''ve caught the second, Turner should be keeping his concentration and keeping with his man, simple marking

[quote user="GJP"]No doubt Turner has made some mistakes recently.

BUT nobody has defended better than him this season. He is our best competitor at the back.[/quote]

That''s an insult to Martin and Olsson who have and always have been better than turner

Oh dear.

We''ll need to drop Turner then so people can learn the hard way.

Do it and we''ll probably get a clean sheet can''t honeslty see how you think he''s so strong?

Conceded how many goals in the Prem with our current back 4 bassong was the scape goat but is twice the defender turner 50p foot is, yet expect them to be better just because we dropped a league... Wake up son

Bassong would always be in my team.

But plenty of people thought he was the weak link.

Another lesson we need to learn the hard way.

NCFC don''t get better CBs than Turner and Bassong.

But GJP are you talking about "season 1 Bassong", or "season 2 Bassong"? Because, as I seem to be saying repeatedly, people have short memories. Yes, he was probably a worthy POTS his first season with us, but he really looked like he couldn''t give a flying fig last year. I don''t know if it was making him club captain or what, but there was a clear contrast after the summer. And that was before Adams took over, who he seems to have no respect for. I''d rather pick an average player who''s committed 99% of the time, than one who can be brilliant but who goes missing without warning. I do absolutely agree though that Bassong and Turner are about as good as we can expect at a club with our record/wealth, unless we get lucky.

We kept 9 or 10 clean sheets in the Prem last season with Bassong playing.

We are defending worse without him and in the league below.

All the things that were meant to be his fault haven''t gone away and have only got worse.

GJP wrote the following post at 30/11/2014 6:38 PM:

Bassong would always be in my team.

But plenty of people thought he was the weak link.

Another lesson we need to learn the hard way.

NCFC don''t get better CBs than Turner and Bassong.

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 30/11/2014 6:50 PM:

Totally Agree GJP, very good centre back pairing for this league

Another vote for Turner and Bassong .......... fully agree.

[quote user="GJP"]We kept 9 or 10 clean sheets in the Prem last season with Bassong playing.

We are defending worse without him and in the league below.

All the things that were meant to be his fault haven''t gone away and have only got worse.[/quote]

But last season they were under Cautious Chris with his negative set up. We''ve moved on from there. Apparently the board were inundated with fans who wanted to play the "Norwich way". Whatever that is. So whatever basis is there to suggest Bassong would be as good without a negative set up? We kept a clean sheet at Chelsea without Bassong under Neyull''s negative set up. But Neyul''s obviously been instructed to set up positively every game now. Because that''s what the fans told McNally they wanted. Allegedly.....