Sign in to follow this  
Northern Yella

Why do we put up with this dirge at Norwich ?

This is my 40th year as a Norwich City fan and over the years this a very  familiar pattern .. we always do things on the cheap .. we''ve got away with a couple of appointments from within .. Kenny Brown , Mike Walker ( first time around ) Nigel Worthington and to certain extent Dave Stringer .. but when you think had badly we''ve had our fingers burnt with the likes of Bryan Gunn , Brian Hamilton , Peter Grant and now Neil Adams how many warnings do they need .. Adams initials NA should have set the alarm bells ringing NEVER AGAIN ! With Worthington we allowed him to go 14 games without a win in the Prem and surprise sirprise he took us down , we let Hughton go another dozen games without a win , plus going out of the FA Cup to f''king Luton and then allowed him to be rudderless all last season before sacking him too late .. are the board or should I say the '' bored '' so in experienced and why are they so soft , we are not a f''king country club , we need to lose the lttle ''ole Narich tag and get these morons out and get in somehow some new outside investment and a new board of directors with a ruthless ambition to be a success , Delia to me looks like she is happy to be debt free , employ one of friends to run the club without fuss , on a low salary and play lip service to getting back to the Prem ..In some respects you can''t blame Adams he was offered a very good job knowing he didn''t have the necessary experience or know-how .. but he must of thought '' I''ll have some of this '' .. but its been obvious that he can''t manage a team of professional footballers who all need different managing , his decisions have been based on favoritism .. how can he continue to play Whitaker , a badly out of form Grabban , Olsson , Ruddy etc .. he loans out Bassong who would be great at this level , we''ve got Garrido who is decent at the back and has pace and we signed the young Spaniard from Arsenal Ignasio why sign him if we''re not giving him a chance .. apart from yesterday he has kept 5.5 million signing Hooper on the bench who has scored 2 in 2 now , when we leading 1-0 at Forrest why not throw Hooper and Redmond on to clinch the game its so frustrating .. An experienced manager wouldn''t have loaned out Wolfswinkel , a experienced manager would have said in my opinion '' you''ve been picking up big premier league wages last season and have given the fans f-all , get out there in the Championship and gives 20 goals and show us all what you are about '' nobody know''s if he could have cut it , but a good manager could have got him to play for us ..  This moan from me is pretty consistent and marries what everyone else is saying , but why is it at Norwich we put up with this dirge , ffs at any other club with ambitions to make an immediate PL return we wouldn''t have appointed Adams in the first place .. look at his five disastrous games in the Prem .. we were shocking .. the board must have been in disneyland when they appointed Adams , there is no other club in the world who would have been that inept ..  Who can we get in is the question .. Tony Pullis would be great if would come ? Mark Robins / Simon Grayson /Nigel Clough are all good managers at this level with ambition .. we need to make a change now .. how much more do we have to take and more to the point when will the board wake up ??

Good post but youll probably be called a binner for daring to speak up against the club.

Is it any wonder some fans saw fit to have a little shout at mcnally.

''Delia to me looks like she is happy to be debt free , employ one of friends to run the club without fuss , on a low salary and play lip service to getting back to the Prem ..''

Nail hit firmly on head!

Well put. 40 years myself and just tired of NA excuses. Everyone at the clubs favourite expression (guided by some PR numpty no doubt) is "it''s not good enough". Well we Don''t want to hear that false "positivity" any longer. Are they all gonna still be saying this when we get relegated? Because that''s the form we are showing at the moment. It frustrates me that we were a "bigger" club than Swansea and Southampton only a few years ago but now look at us. It''s an incompetent board with no direction or ambition that''s got us to this point. We have no philosophy at the club and we are going nowhere. As for Delia - I''d rather her than an eastern despot who changes our colours to blue, but she''s got to stop counting the pennies and start showing some (meat) balls. Well said and keep the passion and criticism going or McNally will continue to pick up his inflated salary and do nothing. M

What an intelligent reply .. its a Northern saying in some places for shit/crap etc .. oh and because I''m from '' up north '' I must race pigeons .. what a clever fella you are .. 

[quote user="Barclay seats 48/49 the 3rd"]Well this is not " up north "

Down here we tend to follow definitions of the English dictionary .

So you claim that you don''t race pigeons ?

Whippets ?quote]Does mummy take you to the games or are you a fat twat that needs 2 seats .

Whether I''m a Northerner who shouldn''t be supporting Norwich or someone who doesn''t read the English dictionary for breakfast everyday , shouldn''t matter , the bottom line is if read the piece instead of just the title we might have something to talk about .. its kinda sad when a decent post is unraveled by people like you 48 ..

Well said Northern. There are those who find McNally is responsible for all this and yet… and yet Delia and MWJ can do wrong.

Frustrating isn''t it

It also not surprising that because you come from the North you''re getting grief on here. You aint got a hope mate when we who have the audacity to live in Suffolk are apparently simpletons.

Good post Northern. The infantile barclay seats child is embarrassing as usual.He has probably never been to an away game because of his prejudice.

Us Northerners have gotta stick together, always makes me laugh when idiots like that question my commitment when the home games are a 544 mile round trip, one that has been made several hundred times !!!