Sign in to follow this  
Michael Bates

Opinions on team selection for next game

What does everyone want to see next game?

For me the bashing on Ruddy is crazy, he is a top keeper than has lost confidence in his defence in front of him and it has affected his performance, there is zero leadership!

Two players that I can''t bear to see in the starting 11 at the moment for me are the two full backs, Olsson and Whittaker..... Just because Olsson is a Swedish International and has a lot of talent, It doesn''t mean that he can continue to be selected when totally off form! Garrido straight in for me.

The other given is to play R Bennett or Miquel on the left side of defence, we badly need some pace to support Turner (if only our manager could resolve the Bassong issue).

Ruddy

Martin Turner R bennett/Miquel Garrido

Tettey O''Neil

Redmond Murphy

Hooper Jerome

Once Hoolahan is fit I would replace Jerome and allow him the freedom to support Hooper.

Subs from: Rudd, Cuellar, Howson, Olsson, Joshnson, Lafferty, Grabban

Keelan Payne  Stringer  Forbes  ButlerLivermore  Howard  Tettey  Cross                Paddon  Blair

^ wow

"Everythin were better in my day lad. Men were men and women... Were also men"

4222 is a disaster of a system for me, didnt work sat and hasnt worked all season.

No idea who to play in defence - could be any of the. 8 Strong cases to go cuellar at right back and drop both martin and whittaker. and will drop olsson, poor defending and offering no quality going forward, season average 10% cross success rate the worst at the club makes a mockery of him playing wide midfield. I would go

Ruddy

Martin Turner Hooiveld Garrido

O''Neil Tettey

Redmond Howson Lafferty

Jerome

Subs

Rudd Iggy, Whittaker, BJ, Murphy, Grabban, Hooper,

Isn''t Johnson available next match? We are away so a little bit of defensive midfield will be required.

I honestly dont think it matters now, whatever team we send out he has lost them.

there could be as many as four players back available next week in Bennett,Hoolahan,Johnson, and Odjidje-Ofoe....theres an argument for all of them coming in.

The problem we have and have had for the last 2 months is if we want all of 2 strikers, Redmonds pace and Hoolahan in the team ,something has to give and somebody will be playing out of position.

its not ideal but our best bet is still probaby,

Ruddy

Martin Bennett Turner Olsson

Redmond Howson Tettey Hoolahan

Jerome Hooper

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]there could be as many as four players back available next week in Bennett,Hoolahan,Johnson, and Odjidje-Ofoe....theres an argument for all of them coming in.

The problem we have and have had for the last 2 months is if we want all of 2 strikers, Redmonds pace and Hoolahan in the team ,something has to give and somebody will be playing out of position.

its not ideal but our best bet is still probaby,

Ruddy

Martin Bennett Turner Olsson

Redmond Howson Tettey Hoolahan

Jerome Hooper[/quote]

Agreed GLJ that looks about right with what we''ve got.

I would probably have a look at:

Ruddy

Cuellar Turner Hooiveld Garrido

Redmond O''Neil Howson Tettey Lafferty

Grabban

I know people will point to an obvious lack of the pace in the defence but the only one who has really got a bit of pace is Olsson and how much good has that done us?

The midfield has quality, pace and work rate.

Grabban gets a chance upfront on his own again - which helped get us a few results earlier in the season. Clearly there''s no partnership with him and Jerome and Jerome''s real lack of effort of against Reading puts me off him.