Sign in to follow this  
JF

McNally tweet

[quote user="nutty nigel"]All appointments are a gamble Foggy. The guy at Swansea didn''t have anything like the experience of Adams. But then he didn''t have to try and change the whole ethos at the club. He just has to continue what''s already in place.

I agree with Purple and think McNally has to make a statement which willprobably be tomorrow afternoon.[/quote]Of course they are all a gamble. So why make it an even bigger gamble by appointing someone with zero experience of managing professional footballers?We got told Adams got the job because of the way he handled a disgruntled player or two at the end of last season which just seems to emphasise further that the appointment had very little to do with his ability to get us back in the Premier League.

Whatever happens Neil will be remembered for building a strong championship squad and keeping the ship steady in turbulent waters. If he goes then his successor can reap the fruits of his labour.

[quote user="coming on strong"]Whatever happens Neil will be remembered for building a strong championship squad and keeping the ship steady in turbulent waters. If he goes then his successor can reap the fruits of his labour.[/quote]You really cannot be for real , Binner ?

That''s true enough COS. But the board expected more. They stated that from the start. neil knew that too. He is an honest bloke

Just remember on D McN''s strategic wheel at the AGM promotion at the earliest oppotunity - and that means this season - was the mantra. Presumably, he will need a new wheel now.

Purple, I agree totally I can not see McNally going out on a limb without the board having agreed it as a communication release.

Less confident that it means the imminent end to Adams tenure. But we do seem to be in turmoil. However the good thing about a nadir is that the next direction is up!

[quote user="Sussexyellow"]Purple, I agree totally I can not see McNally going out on a limb without the board having agreed it as a communication release.

Less confident that it means the imminent end to Adams tenure. But we do seem to be in turmoil. However the good thing about a nadir is that the next direction is up![/quote]

If Adams'' job was under any immediate threat I don''t think McNally would''ve tweeted anything. This was a ''we hear you and will be taking action soon if things don''t improve'' message and nothing more.

[quote user="Sussexyellow"]Purple, I agree totally I can not see McNally going out on a limb without the board having agreed it as a communication release.

Less confident that it means the imminent end to Adams tenure. But we do seem to be in turmoil. However the good thing about a nadir is that the next direction is up![/quote]Sussex, in no business in which I have worked or studied could the CEO slag off a senior manager (which is effectively what has happened) in public like that and nothing change. In most cases the senior manager would either be out the door or dispatched to the Outer Hebrides office. But I understand your nagging doubts - given the weird nature of football it could be some compromise is effected, so that Adams stays on the premises.

[quote user="Parma Hams gone mouldy"]Ricardo,

Mike''s appointment will have no bearing on Neil''s future.

Parma[/quote]Unless he''s been wheeled in to take over then I would agree.If the idea is for them to work together then the Board would look silly if the only gave them 3 days.

Purple the nagging doubts come from the tweet looking to be aimed at the players more than the manager. OK its only a tweet but the wording looks to be carefully chosen.

[quote user="Sussexyellow"]Purple the nagging doubts come from the tweet looking to be aimed at the players more than the manager. OK its only a tweet but the wording looks to be carefully chosen.[/quote]This Twitter stuff will kill them.Its a bad bad thing for players, managers and directors to blast stuff out on the Internet when their emotions are running hot.This is a time for decisions to be taken behind locked doors not hanging dirty washing out to dry.

[quote user="Sussexyellow"]Purple the nagging doubts come from the tweet looking to be aimed at the players more than the manager. OK its only a tweet but the wording looks to be carefully chosen.[/quote]Sussex, I think it is aimed at both.For all the messages about today not being good enough & the players

reaction at the end of the game being disappointing. I completely agree.The "today not being good enough" has to be a broadside at the manager. That is directed at the performance on the field, for which the manager has to take ultimate responsibility. Then there is an "and" leading on to criticism of the players'' behaviour after the game. And even that can be seen as reflecting badly on the manager, suggesting the players are out of his control.

Quite right Ricardo.

Decisions should be taken behind closed doors and actually that''s where we do take them.

But to me this looks like an acknowledgement and reaction to fans anger today. However although there are undoubtably more in the Adams Out camp tonight I do not see it as an indicator that an imminent decision to that effect will be taken.

Phelan has been brought in and I think they will give it another couple of games to see what impact that will have. But will NA listen to him? To me he seems to have a stubborn streak running through him.

History suggests that we will only act when it is too late. In my view, we have passed that point already but, I suspect, it would not be possible to survive a Holt winner for Huddersfield even for our board.

Purple I really want to go with your argument and that NA will be imminently replaced but.....

Just to say today was not good enough is a statement of the blindingly obvious. I am sure NA would agree with it himself. The second clause is obviously aimed at the players.

However as I replied to Ricardo this looks to me to be an attempt by the board to acknowledge fans concerns, not that a significant decision is shortly to be taken. I think they will give it a game or two yet to assess the Phelan factor.

However whatever spin we put on it things are a long long way from being right.

As soon as Nutty starts posting, I yawn - so full off himself etc. Becoming a message board drone & bore with long threads regardless of what he says good or bad - do you own part of this site???? New pet to hound...

[quote user="AJ"]What was the reaction from the players?[/quote]They just went straight down the tunnel.I''m not sure what else people expected them to do. I don''t think coming over to applaud the fans would have gone down well, in the middle of everyone chanting "What a load of rubbish"

Exactly morty, was just wondering if there was something I missed was all! There was no real reaction which is what you''d expect in that situation. They can go back to the dressing room and think about things there!

[quote user="Sussexyellow"]Purple I really want to go with your argument and that NA will be imminently replaced but.....

Just to say today was not good enough is a statement of the blindingly obvious. I am sure NA would agree with it himself. The second clause is obviously aimed at the players.

However as I replied to Ricardo this looks to me to be an attempt by the board to acknowledge fans concerns, not that a significant decision is shortly to be taken. I think they will give it a game or two yet to assess the Phelan factor.

However whatever spin we put on it things are a long long way from being right.[/quote]Sussex, it wouldn''t be the first time I was wrong about something! You may be right that if there is change it will not happen immediately, although in that case I think there would have to be some kind of follow-up statement from the directors.Just to be clarify, I didn''t necessarily read that tweet as meaning Adams would definitely be gone, but that at the least there would be some kind of switch so he would no longer be a solo manager. There are all sorts of possibilities from some kind of dual set-up with Phelan, to Adams and Phelan swapping roles, to Adams ending up back with the youngsters, to Adams being sacked/walking. And the possibilities of a new manager extend beyond Phelan. Pulis is out there. And so is Rosler.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Sussexyellow"]Purple I really want to go with your argument and that NA will be imminently replaced but.....

However whatever spin we put on it things are a long long way from being right.[/quote]Sussex, it wouldn''t be the first time I was wrong about something! You may be right that if there is change it will not happen immediately, although in that case I think there would have to be some kind of follow-up statement from the directors.Just to be clarify, I didn''t necessarily read that tweet as meaning Adams would definitely be gone, but that at the least there would be some kind of switch so he would no longer be a solo manager. There are all sorts of possibilities from some kind of dual set-up with Phelan, to Adams and Phelan swapping roles, to Adams ending up back with the youngsters, to Adams being sacked/walking. And the possibilities of a new manager extend beyond Phelan. Pulis is out there. And so is Rosler.[/quote]

Why would we want a manager who failed miserably at Wigan this season?

I hope this text is a sign of action to be taken. The only action that will suffice is for Adams to be removed immediately.

£300,000 plus bonus and a tidy salary for using social media........Sweeeeeeeet!

Unprofessional if you ask me.......But, then I''m just a forelock tuggin''  minion who annually hands over my disposable income to support a team that has lost its way......again......HO HUM.....

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Sussexyellow"]Purple I really want to go with your argument and that NA will be imminently replaced but.....

However whatever spin we put on it things are a long long way from being right.[/quote]Sussex, it wouldn''t be the first time I was wrong about something! You may be right that if there is change it will not happen immediately, although in that case I think there would have to be some kind of follow-up statement from the directors.Just to be clarify, I didn''t necessarily read that tweet as meaning Adams would definitely be gone, but that at the least there would be some kind of switch so he would no longer be a solo manager. There are all sorts of possibilities from some kind of dual set-up with Phelan, to Adams and Phelan swapping roles, to Adams ending up back with the youngsters, to Adams being sacked/walking. And the possibilities of a new manager extend beyond Phelan. Pulis is out there. And so is Rosler.[/quote]

Why would we want a manager who failed miserably at Wigan this season?

I hope this text is a sign of action to be taken. The only action that will suffice is for Adams to be removed immediately.[/quote]Jim, I wasn''t paticularly recommending Rosler. More saying he was available. But I would be reasonably happy with Rosler, whose overall record is decent. The point is that in recent times we have three times chosen as manager someone who had never managed before - Grant, Gunn and Adams. All have been failures. So I don''t want Phelan to step up. I want a proven manager, even if their record is not perfect. I would take Pulis ahead of Rosler, but I would take Rosler ahead of Phelan.

Purple, this is an occasion where I want you to be right and me wrong.

My logic is that if something was going to happen today then that tweet is unnecessary. I read it as a message from the board to the fans to reassure them that they know that action has to be taken.

I agree that there is a whole range of options available and more than there were prior to Mike Phelan coming in. I also think that there will be an issue around still trying to do alright by Neil Adams. However I do not see how if he is relieved from the managers role he can still be around the first team. We do not have your "Outer Hebrides" office so they have a real problem!

I would take Rosler, as mentioned his overall record is pretty decent. Does that mean you wouldnt take Brendan Rodgers now if he became available? Or David Moyes?

Despite the criticism David McNally''s got from certain sections that seem to think he doesn''t care, I believe he''s first and foremost a Norwich City man and will act after that tweet, he is well aware of the stage we''re at now and won''t want a repeat of last season when it was left too late - he is an intelligent man, will have it fresh in his memory, and I believe totally has the clubs best interests at heart no matter how much I hear the opposite from some folks (who are of course totally entitled to their opinion). I also respect that he''s had to give Neil a few games to see if he can turn it around, rightly or wrongly we all know that up to a point football and it''s results can be very changeable, as some good results earlier this season under NA''s has shown. But there is a line that when reached needs to be acted on, and even though my gut feeling for the past 6 weeks or so is that Neil isn''t ready to be our first team manager, you can''t sack anyone after 3 poor results or so. I would suggest that Neil''s had his last chance now, as DM and the board will certainly have learnt from last season and the long ongoing Hughton saga and I would therefore imagine he''ll be gone this week with Phelan in place as caretaker. As for who to replace NA, there is only one man for the job in my eyes at this point and it would be foolish not to try and secure the services of a man who''s proved that he can do the ugly stuff at Stoke and get results, and the prettier stuff at Crystal Palace and get results. Admitting he''d have been interested in the taking the Cardiff post, we surely have to get Tony Pulis in whilst he''s still available. We have a golden opportunity here I feel to secure the services of a very good manager, and a proven one at that.

"But there is a line that when reached needs to be acted on, and even though my gut feeling for the past 6 weeks or so is that Neil isn''t ready to be our first team manager, you can''t sack anyone after 3 poor results or so."

But it isn''t just 3 games, its the last 10 or 11, nearly a quarter of the season!