Sign in to follow this  
JF

McNally tweet

@davidmcnally62: For all the messages about today not being good enough& the players reaction at the end of the game being disappointing. I completely agree.

What was the players reactions at the end? To be honest I didn''t see anything bad there.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Prediction time ...

Will Adams be the manager by the time we play our next game?[/quote]

Unfortunately, going by previous experiences, I''m afraid so!

[quote user="JF"]@davidmcnally62: For all the messages about today not being good enough& the players reaction at the end of the game being disappointing. I completely agree.[/quote]I suggested late on in the game that Adams might well be gone whether he had lost the crowd or not (as it happens it seems he had) and that tweet does nothing to indicate he will be manager very much longer.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]So Adams has got only a few games to turn it around, suits me.[/quote]

That doesn''t suit me, he should be gone tonight IMO.

Yes I agree H, but with our board, they don''t seem to decisive, I''d rather wait a game or two rather than get into January and the board realise we actually haven''t got a manager in charge

11/10 for stating the fucking obvious David but and here''s the catch, you know the other lot that sit (or not) around the Boardroom table with?

Yes that lot, if there''s anything in Monday''s post with CV on it and it''s from a manager with slightly more than zero relevant experience, well, it might just be worth discussing slightly more than how nice he is.

Unlike the last time hey David?

What this does imo Bury is let the fans know they aren''t blindly back him any more. Although the decision should be made now to get rid of him, at least we know the board are now giving it some thought

Going by what happened last season after WBA we will know by tomorrow night. But it doesnt look good for Adams. But as always sacking the manager solves nothing as we found out a few short months ago. Its what comes next thats important. The board changed the whole philosophy last summer. Will that be torn up too?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]But as always sacking the manager solves nothing as we found out a few short months ago. [/quote]
Absolutely... I wonder if we yet again repeat our recent habit of hiring ex players who have never managed before...  currently that is a 0/3 success rate...

We have a philosophy, when did that happen?

"Neil was the nicest candidate and quite obviously that was the most important consideration but only after scouring Europe"

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="JF"]@davidmcnally62: For all the messages about today not being good enough& the players reaction at the end of the game being disappointing. I completely agree.[/quote]I suggested late on in the game that Adams might well be gone whether he had lost the crowd or not (as it happens it seems he had) and that tweet does nothing to indicate he will be manager very much longer.[/quote]He lost me today, Purple.If Phelan hadn''t just come in I would confidently predict that he would be gone by Monday. The Board might be inclined to give it a little longer in that case.Sadly we cannot get out of this rut and nothing Adams does suggests that we will. Sometimes there is nothing anyone can do and you just have to make a change if only for change sake.

[quote user="Herman "]Surely he''s had enough games to turn it around.[/quote]It''s not turning it around that has been the problem, it''s maintaining the turnaround.In many ways I don''t blame Adams - the team from last year was used to defense first and attack second. He has changed that philosophy and to begin with, especially with the new players, we looked a very different prospect to the point a lot of people were saying we had a better choice of forwards than last season.However, it would seem that the lingering doubt has reared it''s head again. I''m not sure how or why but it''s like we are a boxer with a glass jaw. As a club. Not just the team.I feel for Adams as I actually think he has the right approach. Who can legislate for an experienced defender not sticking by his man for a corner, an experience - once upon a time - international keeper coming for a cross from a set piece and missing it. It''s sloppy. Adams isn''t responsible for sloppy - that''s the players.That said if they are serious about promotion, they need to be looking at a serious candidate to come in in the next couple of weeks. If it''s Phelan they''ll need to get shot of Adam''s unfortunately - unless he''s willing to go back to the youth team. I can''t see a rotation working - if Adam''s isn''t inspiring the team as a manager, he''s sure as hell going to struggle as a coach.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Do you think that''srecent foggy? It goes back to the mid 70s when Bond left. Recently the opposite has been the case.[/quote]

For real Nutty? The 3 recent examples of Grant, Gunn and Adams show an alarming rate of failure.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Do you think that''srecent foggy? It goes back to the mid 70s when Bond left. Recently the opposite has been the case.[/quote]
I was talking about our current board''s actions - rather than it being a recent phenomena, which as you say, it isn''t.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Well all those 4 are under these owners and this board have appointed Lambert, Hughton and Adams.[/quote]
I was expecting my use of ''board'' instead of ''owners'' to be picked up.  I was of course talking about the owners.  But good point about ''outsiders'' in recent years given how much football has changed.  
In fact all those four outsiders didn''t do badly in charge - Rioch steadied the ship and was a tad unlucky, Roeder kept us up when we were adrift in the Championship before destroying the playing staff, Lambert was out most successful manager since the Mike Walker''s first tenure, and Hughton did a decent job for a season taking us to our highest premier league finish since MW.
The record for ex players as managers is pretty horrendous in recent years.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="JF"]@davidmcnally62: For all the messages about today not being good enough& the players reaction at the end of the game being disappointing. I completely agree.[/quote]I suggested late on in the game that Adams might well be gone whether he had lost the crowd or not (as it happens it seems he had) and that tweet does nothing to indicate he will be manager very much longer.[/quote]He lost me today, Purple.If Phelan hadn''t just come in I would confidently predict that he would be gone by Monday. The Board might be inclined to give it a little longer in that case.Sadly we cannot get out of this rut and nothing Adams does suggests that we will. Sometimes there is nothing anyone can do and you just have to make a change if only for change sake.[/quote]Ricardo, I cannot see Adams surviving that tweet. Certainly not as solo manager. I notice that one poster here thinks that tweet is just McNally''s opinion and nothing will change. No. McNally would not have gone public like that, expressing extreme dissatisfaction with the status quo, unless he was sure the other directors were of like mind. Indeed, it might even be a case of the other directors having taken the lead.Whether Adams survives in some form, as joint manager with Phelan, or as coach, is possible. But if I was a betting man I would stake a fair bit of money on some kind of early change.

Had Hughton gone at Christmas and Warnock been appointed we would still be in the PL. Had McCarthy, Warnock or Lennon been appointed in the Summer we would be sitting at the top of the league. The board has failed again. Will they act, probably not.

All appointments are a gamble Foggy. The guy at Swansea didn''t have anything like the experience of Adams. But then he didn''t have to try and change the whole ethos at the club. He just has to continue what''s already in place.

I agree with Purple and think McNally has to make a statement which willprobably be tomorrow afternoon.

I want Adams gone however I do not want Phelan as manager as that is fsr to much of another gamble we cannot afford to appoint another unproven manager