Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

6 foot 5 and unmarked twice!

What on earth were we doing to allow this to happen? I''d expect better even with my Sunday league level team!

Did we just not see Cooper or something? Why he was not double marked let alone at least marked is beyond me. I have watched the highlights back again and it''s just embarassing! Who on earth is actually in charge of making sure we mark up?

Even at my level, we didn''t need 2 particularly big CB''s there, we just needed to identify him as the main threat and put a couple of men tight on him. A sly tug of the shirt or dig to the side, just enough to make him know you''re there but not too much so the ref actually sees it as a foul. Everyone does that at corners so we should too. We''re too much of a soft touch and have been since the day Lambert left. It''s the managers personality showing on the pitch i''m afraid.

Ball watching, nearly every goal we concede our defence''s concentration seems to be fixed on the ball''s current location with little forethought or anticipation of where the ball may go next.

I can remember a Match of the Day discussion about 6 or 7 years ago regarding Michael Owen..

5''9 tall yet able to win so many headers against 6''4-6''5 centre halfs... It was Lineker himself who said it comes down to awareness, movement off the ball and quick decision making... the ball was always the last of Michael Owen''s worries as he was always looking at where the defender was.

Pipo Inzaghi played exactly the same way.,,

smaller defenders must adopt a strikers mindset when dealing with corners against bigger players.