Sign in to follow this  
swjf50

What changes should be made to our team?

Martin at right back please, Garrido at left back. Do we continue with Turner despite his drop in form, as I''m not sure. Surely Miguel deserves a chance and perhaps Cuellar if Bennett isn''t ready yet. I''d have O''Neil in central midfield, Redmond has to play, Hooper, Jerome and hopefully Hoolahan will be fit soon to add some creativity. Tettey had a reasonable game, so I would keep him in the side. Ruddy''s form has slipped, so we should consider Bunn or Rudd.

I''ve not heard any news on Vadis'' fitness. When will he be back for consideration?

In the transfer window in January, I think we should be looking for a left winge and a creative attacking midfielder as priorities. We can''t really be looking at central defenders when we haven''t even tried Miguel and Cuellar enough to know whether they are good enough. If Martin is to be played at right back we don''t need any full backs unless Whittaker is released.

its beyond the person - its about building a team for the back 4 from the 8 defenders we have at the club - we have relied last and this season on martin, turner and olsson and in both league it has let us down.

All 8 defenders should be good enough given the right structure, tactics and leadership. But we cant stick with the head in the sand approach and not change. We havent seen enough of hooiveld, iggy or cuellar to make a decision - given how poorly we have defended that is wrong.

find a 4 that works better than the parts, starting again midseason is not good - but it is the only way to save our season.

RuddWhittaker  Cuellar  Miquel   Garrido       Tettey       O''Neill      Ollson               Redmond    Murphy                         LaffertyLet the three front men run amok on the basis of a solid back seven.  Shut the door on opposition attackers and let the magic men do their magic.  I am certain Lafferty is our potential talisman - he''s not been given the best chance yet but has come so close to scoring several times.

Rudd

Whittaker Cuellar Miquel Garrido

Tettey O''Neill Ollson

Redmond Murphy

Lafferty

Desperate times call for desperate measures but that suggestion from LDC can''t be serious, can it?

Two central defenders who can''t be trusted to start, even in times of dire necessity and not even by the clown who signed them. Whittaker has been tried, tested and found to be wanting at right back. Ollson in mid-field, really? And no place for the likes of Howson, Hooper and Jerome.

I hope the suggestion was posted as a wind-up, in which case I have fallen for it.

[quote user="danielsroundabout"]                 Rudd

Whittaker Cuellar Miquel Garrido

Tettey O''Neill Ollson

Redmond Murphy

Lafferty

Desperate times call for desperate measures but that suggestion from LDC can''t be serious, can it?

Two central defenders who can''t be trusted to start, even in times of dire necessity and not even by the clown who signed them. Whittaker has been tried, tested and found to be wanting at right back. Ollson in mid-field, really? And no place for the likes of Howson, Hooper and Jerome.

I hope the suggestion was posted as a wind-up, in which case I have fallen for it.[/quote]

Actually, its not a wind up.  Cuellar is ok. Miquel has some talent - why he hasn''t featured more, I don''t know.  Ollson is adept on the left side of midfield, O''Neill and Tettey are good performers.   The movement of Lafferty, Murphy and Redmond, given free roles, could be devastating.  I stand by Lafferty as a front man and don''t think he''s been given enough chances.  Hooper, Jerome, Howson have all been found wanting imo.  Why not that team?   They are all supposed to be quality players and in the squad.........

Ridiculous leaving hooper out ... To see his first touch again is a breath of fresh air after our other strikers inability to trap a. Moving ball . Lafferty yes ,, Murphy no ..... He is nowhere near ready to a starting place . Garrido in at left back , drop Ollson entirely ,, Whittaker instead of Martin at RB is also slightly contentious .

I think you just suggested this to be controversial LDC .

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]Ridiculous leaving hooper out ... To see his first touch again is a breath of fresh air after our other strikers inability to trap a. Moving ball . Lafferty yes ,, Murphy no ..... He is nowhere near ready to a starting place . Garrido in at left back , drop Ollson entirely ,, Whittaker instead of Martin at RB is also slightly contentious .

I think you just suggested this to be controversial LDC
.[/quote]Bingo.

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]Ridiculous leaving hooper out ... To see his first touch again is a breath of fresh air after our other strikers inability to trap a. Moving ball . Lafferty yes ,, Murphy no ..... He is nowhere near ready to a starting place . Garrido in at left back , drop Ollson entirely ,, Whittaker instead of Martin at RB is also slightly contentious .

I think you just suggested this to be controversial LDC .[/quote]Definitely not.  I''ve said before about the pyramid or Christmas tree formation which imo is a solid way to play.  Not much different to 433 really, except that the two wide men cutting in and out from the wings behind a striker is a good ploy.  Don''t mock it until you''ve tried it.  After all, the formation was advertised yesterday as 4222..........

Firstly I would like to say that I am back to disagreeing with you LDC ,,, I was starting to feel dirty 😉

Seriously , it''s not a formation I am arguing with ,,, it''s the personnel , Hooper I''d very likely our most skilful and gifted striker , Lafferty has great value ,, as does Redmond ... On his day . I fully agree that wholesale changes need to be made , including Keeper , and the whole back line needs jigging around ,, but that collective ?

LDC wrote:

Definitely not. I''ve said before about the pyramid or Christmas tree formation which imo is a solid way to play. Not much different to 433 really, except that the two wide men cutting in and out from the wings behind a striker is a good ploy. Don''t mock it until you''ve tried it. After all, the formation was advertised yesterday as 4222..........

Its a Christmas tree alright, just needs a fairy to top it off. Adams I suggest.

Only one thing has to be changed: start playing in a tactic that players understand and then start placing players on the right place.

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]Firstly I would like to say that I am back to disagreeing with you LDC ,,, I was starting to feel dirty 😉

Seriously , it''s not a formation I am arguing with ,,, it''s the personnel , Hooper I''d very likely our most skilful and gifted striker , Lafferty has great value ,, as does Redmond ... On his day . I fully agree that wholesale changes need to be made , including Keeper , and the whole back line needs jigging around ,, but that collective ?[/quote]

Well, I don''t see how me posting a team I would like to see can be classed as controversial,  let alone some dobbin playing housey housey backing you up. 

I followed Parma''s masterclass quite closely and if I read him right, the idea of "less" being "more" up front makes sense to me.    Our problems this season have been due to too much pressing up the field in numbers in a constrained space.  Too many players crammed into the top end of the field, leaving too big a gap behind.  Simple stuff, you might think - the Christmas tree formation  solves that.  A determination to keep a shape at the back, a central defensive midfielder and two either side of him with more freedom for the creative players.  The crossing becomes less of an issue because with  Redmond and Murphy being able to go wide or cut in, the pace and movement should stretch the best of defences, creating chances for a midfield runner. 

I don''t think you are reading what I am writing LDC

I agree with changing the formation ,,, I agree that too many players in the same area of the pitch are getting into each others way ,,,,, yesterday was an good example ,,,,, were you there ?

I am disagreeing with your choice of personnel ,,, which would be controversial .... As I believe you intended .

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]I don''t think you are reading what I am writing LDC

I agree with changing the formation ,,, I agree that too many players in the same area of the pitch are getting into each others way ,,,,, yesterday was an good example ,,,,, were you there ?

I am disagreeing with your choice of personnel ,,, which would be controversial .... As I believe you intended .[/quote]Oh boy.  What does it take?  Its a team of Norwich players.  The only question might be leaving out Hooper - but I like Lafferty and the way he ruffles feathers.  You can like the team or not like it, its up to you, but its not controversial in the slightest.

What you''ve done is try to pick the worst possible team and formation realistically available, that''s quite an achievement considering what adams has been doing recently

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 30/11/2014 9:38 PM:

What you''ve done is try to pick the worst possible team and formation realistically available, that''s quite an achievement considering what adams has been doing recently

😄

[quote user="mrs miggins"]What you''ve done is try to pick the worst possible team and formation realistically available, that''s quite an achievement considering what adams has been doing recently[/quote]"In your opinion"

Defence first...Ruddy needs a break for his own good. Bassong needs to be back..I think he was the one who has been right all along about Adams.

Never play Martin at centre back again and give Garido a run out..back 5. Rudd Martin Turner Bassong Garido...the rest whoever ever is up to the task and shows a bit of passion at Colney.

Wasn''t there a whole "nobody is guaranteed a place" spiel not long ago? I wonder what some players have to do to get dropped?! Olsson and Ruddy are guaranteed a place it seems. Yes when in form they are the best in their respective positions not just for us but in the league but they are both a long way off their best and yet still we persist playing them every week. I wonder what Rudd thinks when he sees Ruddy so out of sorts and he''s still not getting a go?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I wonder what Rudd thinks when he sees Ruddy so out of sorts and he''s still not getting a go?[/quote]Probably the same as the likes of Lewis and Steer, but the grass isn''t always greener as they''ve proven so far...

Ruddy                      Cuellar   Turner   Miquel     Martin                    Tettey                Olsson                     Howson                ONeil                          Jerome                                          HooperTime for a complete rethink on formation, drop the plan to work it wide and cross it in as is`nt working. We have put a lot of crosses in with not a lot to show for it, this is a 70`s footballing philosophy and is no longer effective as a main attacking weapon unless we get Crouchy back.3 at the back, Cuellar and Miquel can both play centre back and full back.Ollson and Martin as wing backs and freedom to provide the width and support the attack when needed.Tettey to sit and hold.Howson and O`Neil to construct and conduct moves.Jerome and Hooper to have a free reign up front but not to just stand in the box waiting for a cross to come inPlay through the middle and stop this obsession with crossing the ball.Just sit and hold and be happy with a ground out point or one niller and a clean sheet.