Sign in to follow this  
Buh

That you think sacking Adams will change everything

This, specifically, is why you are completely stupid

It''s the players

The real stupid "ultras" are the ones of delia and MWJ. Like blaming ray croc for a s4it McDonald that one...

[quote user="Buh"]This, specifically, is why you are completely stupid

It''s the players

The real stupid "ultras" are the ones of delia and MWJ. Like blaming ray croc for a s4it McDonald that one...[/quote]

Just like when Hughton was here.......its the players............or is it?

Have to agree with OP. Your team has lost its identity and lacks leaders throughout the spine of your team.Although Adams should never have been appointed your manager, I think there''s glaring deficiencies within the make-up of your side in comparison with your promotion-winning side from last time out and it''s going to take more than a change of manager to revitalise the club. IMO you''re lacking:a) Defensively solid full backsb) A centre back pairing that picks itselfc) Pace in central midfield

[quote user="Buh"]This, specifically, is why you are completely stupid

It''s the players

The real stupid "ultras" are the ones of delia and MWJ. Like blaming ray croc for a s4it McDonald that one...[/quote]You have to get over it BUH - you can soon have a new shrine in your bedromm in your mum''s house, dedicated to whoever is next installed and start blindly idolising that person too. surprised you havent stated its not even the players fault but the crowd, the fans, for not giving their undying support to the poor useless, overpaid, unerperforming loves!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]It would probably change as much as sacking Hughton did...[/quote]

Actually Sacking Hughton has made a difference, we are actually worse now. Thus proving against everything you say, changing a manager can make a difference.

I have no doubt in my belief that if Hughton were still manager we would be doing better in the Championship this season.

Therefore I am firm in my belief that if Adams is replaced by a superior manager results will improve.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]It would probably change as much as sacking Hughton did...[/quote]

It all depends who they are replaced with really doesn;t it. Replace them with a decent experienced manager and it may well make a positive difference. Replace them with a weak, novice who does not deserve the job and things are unlikely to improve too much.

Changing manager always changes things - sometimes better, sometimes worse.

When things are as bad as they are now, and by that I mean that our results are significantly worse than our potential, then the risk taken in making the change becomes worth it.

"I have no doubt in my belief that if Hughton were still manager we would be doing better in the Championship this season."

Well, as long as it''s clear in your mind, chicken fuc4er, then that''s okay.

Are you so stupid that you don''t see the commonality in the failures? How exactly is it Neil Adams fault if a player can''t control a ball or pass properly? How come Paul lambert throwing on all the strikers is seen as genius by Adams doing it is "stupid"?

The common factor is the players and that morons like you would have players that have failed even more than the ones we have, like bassong, back is the biggest laugh of all. Seriously!! Bassong!!??

It''s not that the players don''t want to play for Adams, it''s that they don''t want to play for Norwich!

I''m not arguing with you guys. Were both right really and I''m just talking from experience in what happens most often. Starting from those immortal words that "anyone would be better than Worthy". Its not just at this club either. Paul Lambert was the exception and such a change should not be expected. It would probably help if the next manager is not hamstrung to play " the Norwich way".

[quote user="Buh"]"I have no doubt in my belief that if Hughton were still manager we would be doing better in the Championship this season."

Are you so stupid that you don''t see the commonality in the failures? How exactly is it Neil Adams fault if a player can''t control a ball or pass properly? How come Paul lambert throwing on all the strikers is seen as genius by Adams doing it is "stupid"?

The common factor is the players and that morons like you would have players that have failed even more than the ones we have, like bassong, back is the biggest laugh of all. Seriously!! Bassong!!??

It''s not that the players don''t want to play for Adams, it''s that they don''t want to play for Norwich![/quote]I definitely think there''s an element that the players'' collective hearts aren''t in it. Although Adams is a rookie he''s only got the players at his disposal to choose from. Admittedly his defensive recruitment looks poor and he''s signed a couple of attack-minded journeymen, but the nucleus of the squad that got relegated is still not at the races. It needs gutting and replenishing with fresh blood throughout the spine of the team.

can''t tell if this is a wind up or not, have you seen the way we''ve been playing in the last 10 games or so? The tactical naivety is there for all to see, you can blame the players for some things indeed, but not the general shape of the team, thats worked on in training and is the way Adams has got them playing, surely you''d have to be pretty ''stupid'' not to see that. I can''t quite believe that you''ve compared Lamberts tactics with Adams'', perhaps that shows how much you know perhaps. Unless you are of course on a wind up and i''ve missed the subtle humour in your post and in which case I apologise.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Buh"]"I have no doubt in my belief that if Hughton were still manager we would be doing better in the Championship this season."

It''s not that the players don''t want to play for Adams, it''s that they don''t want to play for Norwich![/quote]I definitely think there''s an element that the players'' collective hearts aren''t in it. Although Adams is a rookie he''s only got the players at his disposal to choose from. Admittedly his defensive recruitment looks poor and he''s signed a couple of attack-minded journeymen, but the nucleus of the squad that got relegated is still not at the races. It needs gutting and replenishing with fresh blood throughout the spine of the team.[/quote]

You''d be keen to see us do that wouldn;t you PK as it would doubtless require a timely rebuilding job.

The truth of it is that the squad (save for a left winger) is there and its good enough. I genuinely believe a manager they respect and a bit of organisation and we will climb the league rapidly.

nutty nigel: Starting from those immortal words that "anyone would be better than Worthy".

Given we followed Worthy with a disastrous rookie manager you would think the owners would have learned their lesson. But sadly not, we have had Gunn take us down and now Adams take us down... Too much sentiment and not enough cold hard facts in some of these appointments.

I think you''re kidding yourselves saying that the squad is good enough - mentally.Technically your players are more than capable, but when the going gets tough they''re wilting right now.From games I''ve seen of you, teams are more than happy to let you play pretty triangles in front of them and fart about with it, but you''re lacking the guts and determination to play through teams.

[quote user="bristolcanary"]Did you see the game against Ipswich?[/quote]Yes I did, you were very lucky you played us so early in the season. We''ve only lost 1 game since then. How many have you lost since?

To Portman King...........

I have to agree with you. Perhaps because you are looking at things from ''outside'' the club you have a clearer view.

The team does seem to have lost it''s fighting spirit. There is no natural leader out their on the field like a Holt or Dublin that we have had in the past to pick players back up when things aren''t going their way.

A good manager is VERY important, but it also helps tremendously to have a talismanic player out on the grass. We don''t have one anymore.

I have no doubt in my mind that we have a "better" squad than Ipswich, but I sure as hell don''t rate our chances when you come up the A140 unless things dramatically in the next few weeks.

Foggy, are you actually A A Milne? If you substitute the words "anyone would be better than Worthy" with "Tiggers like everything" your subsequent responses would be just like Tiggers breakfast....

Binboy...

Why would such a, on the face of it, reasonable poster go away for such long periods of time? And what brings you back now?

"I definitely think there''s an element that the players'' collective hearts aren''t in it. Although Adams is a rookie he''s only got the players at his disposal to choose from. Admittedly his defensive recruitment looks poor and he''s signed a couple of attack-minded journeymen, but the nucleus of the squad that got relegated is still not at the races. It needs gutting and replenishing with fresh blood throughout the spine of the team."

Although it pains me to agree, there''s a lot of truth there. There''s a distinct lack of determination throughout the team, no real strength of character.

I do, however, believe there is a strong element of luck running against us. We had some outrageously lucky results early on, which gave the team some confidence - but only of a nervy, shallow variety, which melted as soon as our luck turned. We seem to go out every week, look good for a while, the opposition have one attack, score, & we immediately run out of ideas.

Also, we were an unknown quantity in September, more astute managers can now see how to negate us - & now our confidence is so low, how to beat us. It''s a horribly vicious circle.

I also wonder if the psychological battering the team took in the Prem has had an effect; what''s the point of getting promoted to a level beyond you? Not consciously, but I bet it''s in there somewhere. Perhaps signing someone like Jerome, despite being plenty good enough for the Champs, is a bad idea when he knows failure awaits at the next level.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Binboy...

Why would such a, on the face of it, reasonable poster go away for such long periods of time? And what brings you back now?[/quote]Because I''m a busy man Nutty! Plus it''s nice to come on and chew the fat when there''s genuine debate to be had.

[quote user="ron obvious"]"I definitely think there''s an element that the players'' collective hearts aren''t in it. Although Adams is a rookie he''s only got the players at his disposal to choose from. Admittedly his defensive recruitment looks poor and he''s signed a couple of attack-minded journeymen, but the nucleus of the squad that got relegated is still not at the races. It needs gutting and replenishing with fresh blood throughout the spine of the team."

Although it pains me to agree, there''s a lot of truth there. There''s a distinct lack of determination throughout the team, no real strength of character.

I do, however, believe there is a strong element of luck running against us. We had some outrageously lucky results early on, which gave the team some confidence - but only of a nervy, shallow variety, which melted as soon as our luck turned. We seem to go out every week, look good for a while, the opposition have one attack, score, & we immediately run out of ideas.

Also, we were an unknown quantity in September, more astute managers can now see how to negate us - & now our confidence is so low, how to beat us. It''s a horribly vicious circle.

I also wonder if the psychological battering the team took in the Prem has had an effect; what''s the point of getting promoted to a level beyond you? Not consciously, but I bet it''s in there somewhere. Perhaps signing someone like Jerome, despite being plenty good enough for the Champs, is a bad idea when he knows failure awaits at the next level.[/quote]Nail on head, my friend.Jerome has tried and failed at Prem level (largely) and won''t have the appetite to get back there compared to someone who''s on an upward curve.Possibly a reason why Town are doing so well ATM, given that we have a lot of players itching to test themselves at a higher level, whereas your players view this level as a depressing grind.

Well if you can''t bring yourself to be honest about that then you''re not that reasonable poster you''re pretending to be. Are you?

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="ron obvious"]"I definitely think there''s an element that the players'' collective hearts aren''t in it. Although Adams is a rookie he''s only got the players at his disposal to choose from. Admittedly his defensive recruitment looks poor and he''s signed a couple of attack-minded journeymen, but the nucleus of the squad that got relegated is still not at the races. It needs gutting and replenishing with fresh blood throughout the spine of the team." Although it pains me to agree, there''s a lot of truth there. There''s a distinct lack of determination throughout the team, no real strength of character. I do, however, believe there is a strong element of luck running against us. We had some outrageously lucky results early on, which gave the team some confidence - but only of a nervy, shallow variety, which melted as soon as our luck turned. We seem to go out every week, look good for a while, the opposition have one attack, score, & we immediately run out of ideas. Also, we were an unknown quantity in September, more astute managers can now see how to negate us - & now our confidence is so low, how to beat us. It''s a horribly vicious circle. I also wonder if the psychological battering the team took in the Prem has had an effect; what''s the point of getting promoted to a level beyond you? Not consciously, but I bet it''s in there somewhere. Perhaps signing someone like Jerome, despite being plenty good enough for the Champs, is a bad idea when he knows failure awaits at the next level.[/quote]

Nail on head, my friend.

Jerome has tried and failed at Prem level (largely) and won''t have the appetite to get back there compared to someone who''s on an upward curve.

Possibly a reason why Town are doing so well ATM, given that we have a lot of players itching to test themselves at a higher level, whereas your players view this level as a depressing grind.
[/quote]

The only ones testing themselves at a higher level will be the ones you have to sell to service your debt.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="ron obvious"]"I definitely think there''s an element that the players'' collective hearts aren''t in it. Although Adams is a rookie he''s only got the players at his disposal to choose from. Admittedly his defensive recruitment looks poor and he''s signed a couple of attack-minded journeymen, but the nucleus of the squad that got relegated is still not at the races. It needs gutting and replenishing with fresh blood throughout the spine of the team." Although it pains me to agree, there''s a lot of truth there. There''s a distinct lack of determination throughout the team, no real strength of character. I do, however, believe there is a strong element of luck running against us. We had some outrageously lucky results early on, which gave the team some confidence - but only of a nervy, shallow variety, which melted as soon as our luck turned. We seem to go out every week, look good for a while, the opposition have one attack, score, & we immediately run out of ideas. Also, we were an unknown quantity in September, more astute managers can now see how to negate us - & now our confidence is so low, how to beat us. It''s a horribly vicious circle. I also wonder if the psychological battering the team took in the Prem has had an effect; what''s the point of getting promoted to a level beyond you? Not consciously, but I bet it''s in there somewhere. Perhaps signing someone like Jerome, despite being plenty good enough for the Champs, is a bad idea when he knows failure awaits at the next level.[/quote]Nail on head, my friend.Jerome has tried and failed at Prem level (largely) and won''t have the appetite to get back there compared to someone who''s on an upward curve.Possibly a reason why Town are doing so well ATM, given that we have a lot of players itching to test themselves at a higher level, whereas your players view this level as a depressing grind.[/quote]

The only ones testing themselves at a higher level will be the ones you have to sell to service your debt.

[/quote]

Possibly so, that will inevitably happen if we don''t go up this year. Although the backbone of our team is secured on long term deals so I have confidence in Mick to find suitable replacements.