Sign in to follow this  
portman_king

Delusions of grandeur

Hahaha turn up and be the 12th man? When was the last time Portman road was sold out?!! You lot only turn up when things are going well, otherwise you''re lucky to get 16k. Talk about sing when you''re winning. No one heard a peep out of you lot when we were in the premier league. Now you''re literally scrambling out from under your rocks to stick the boot in. Football is all about peeks and troughs, we''ve had 4 pretty good years and now maybe this is our trough.

We as fans are helpless when it comes to the running of our clubs, we put faith in those at the top, and unfortunately those people are letting us down with their decisions, as you must appreciate after, the Keane and Jewel years?!

No chance, Faded, they still have to beg their fans to turn up and even then pull in about 16,000. ''Binpot'' club, sh*t fans.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]PK, most of what you say is stating the bleedin'' obvious I''m afraid. There is an ever dwindling band of people on here who refuse to see what''s in front of them (the happy clappy brigade) but most of us are realists and, frankly, do not need you to tell us.As others have said, this season is far from done. If the board wake up, smell the coffee (or to be more accurate, the whiff of League One), get shot of Adams and some of the players who cannot be @rsed, we have enough about us to be challenge. TBH, your squad is pretty limited in quality, but you have a manager who has the happy knack of playing ugly and putting some wins together for a while. I''m by no means convinced that that is enough to get you promotion,. Don''t forget we were second not long ago. What''s happened in Oct/Nov shows just how quickly the wheels can come spectacularly off.The time to start gloating will be if and when you are in the top two on May  2nd.[/quote]Truth be told I was turning up expecting a poor performance and another loss. By the players and managers body language I''m pretty sure they''re expecting to play badly and lose as well. After 3 wins in 10 home games this year it''s not surprising really. It certainly doesn''t make it any less boring or frustrating when it comes to fruition unfortunately.

I think there were quite a few of us with that view, HCS.Someone texted me to ask me how I thought we''d get on v Reading. This is a quote of my reply verbatim ;"Think we might just nick a narrow win, but would not be at all surprised if we balls it up either".I''m afraid that that''s how I''ve viewed all the home games this season. Even after the Watford and Blackburn wins. Confidence has been in short supply.

Of that I wouldn''t be too sure Portman. If we act now and get the right man in all is far fromMaybe, maybe not. I''m just staggered that your Board opted to appoint an utter rookie to steady the ship. If you don''t go up this year you''re likely to lose your top earners so surely it was more important than ever this season to appoint a ''winner''Football is so very cyclical and it''s possible you guys might have to put up with this division for a little while - which isn''t the end of the world, it''s competitive and anyone can beat anyone.Treating players like Ruddy (ones who have been there through all your recent good times and turned away advances from Chelsea last year I seem to recall) with contempt has to be a real low point too.Fair enough, you''re feeling hard done by but you''ve had some very successful years of late. We''ve had a decade in this division - god knows how you''ll all be feeling in 2024 if you''re still here in the Championship. I think you''d also have a better appreciation of how well our attendances have held up in the circumstances

Please don''t come on here and make a pretext of the moral high ground after 4 years of not being here as our team has been streets ahead of you.

At least our team is not run by an Arms Dealer, who send local suppliers down the tubes by a pathetic pay out, whose attendances have been utter shit , all that before we get onto the merits of the City of Norwich and the town of Ipswich.

The only thing you have got is what i would admit is a decent Manager and reasonable bloke.

We have got 10 as much TV Money as most of the Division which does mean we should beat most of it though we do not expect that as a given right.

As someone said anyone who comes onto another teams''s Board has something missing upstairs