Sign in to follow this  
portman_king

Delusions of grandeur

The arrogance of Adams and your club is quite astounding:"They should not be watching their team losing at home to a team like Reading." Why not? You have no divine right to be winning football matches at any level, you have to earn the right. I warned you guys in pre-season that I didn''t think your squad had the heart or fight to mount an immediate return and with almost half the season gone now it looks like I''m onto something.The passion and identity your club had during the Lambert years has ebbed away and sadly that''s what the Premier League does, it''s like a cancer and creates delusions of grandeur. You turn up on a Saturday and EXPECT to be entertained rather than getting behind your team and being the 12th man - which you guys so clearly were during your back-to-back promotions.I''m obviously revelling in my side''s good recent form but I''m also wary that if, and it''s still a big if, we were to go up this year the Premier League is not all it''s cracked up to be and the after-effects of relegation can be damaging in more ways than simply the balance sheet.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]I can assure you that cancer does not create delusions of grandeur.

Look forward to humping you again at Carrow Road, binboy.[/quote]Something tells me that even if you do beats us in Feb that we''ll still be looking down on you in the table...

Of that I wouldn''t be too sure Portman. If we act now and get the right man in all is far from lost

Fair play, can''t disagree with most of this. I''d be happy to shed the so-called Premier league players for a squad that are hungry and ambitious! It''s a managers job to find those characters with signings and lose the ones that believe they are better than they are.

As someone who can''t be arsed to post on binner sites ever I''m interested in what motivates you to come here every once in a while and then disappear for long periods. Sometimes as long as 3 years?

I''m also interested to see which Norwich fans are happy to kiss your butt and yet argue with their own. A step too far for many butno doubt your post will be welcomed by a few...

[quote user="JF"]Of that I wouldn''t be too sure Portman. If we act now and get the right man in all is far from lost[/quote]Maybe, maybe not. I''m just staggered that your Board opted to appoint an utter rookie to steady the ship. If you don''t go up this year you''re likely to lose your top earners so surely it was more important than ever this season to appoint a ''winner''.Football is so very cyclical and it''s possible you guys might have to put up with this division for a little while - which isn''t the end of the world, it''s competitive and anyone can beat anyone.Treating players like Ruddy (ones who have been there through all your recent good times and turned away advances from Chelsea last year I seem to recall) with contempt has to be a real low point too.Fair enough, you''re feeling hard done by but you''ve had some very successful years of late. We''ve had a decade in this division - god knows how you''ll all be feeling in 2024 if you''re still here in the Championship. I think you''d also have a better appreciation of how well our attendances have held up in the circumstances (playing the same teams year after year).

[quote user="Wishbone"]Fair play, can''t disagree with most of this. I''d be happy to shed the so-called Premier league players for a squad that are hungry and ambitious! It''s a managers job to find those characters with signings and lose the ones that believe they are better than they are.[/quote]That''s your problem and that''s why I used the title delusions of grandeur.Lots of your squad had interest from top flight clubs in the summer... allegedly. But Adams said they rejected moves to try and help you back up. They don''t appear to be busting a gut from where I''m sitting. Probably because they know their agent can find them a move in January.The Premier League is a poisoned chalice. We all want to be there, but when we do get there its bland, corporate, commercial ways suck the life out of clubs whose success was built on pride and work ethic.

Although its the place to be allegedly i really didn`t enjoy the last two years in the prem, its all about money and in general feeling ripped off, McCarthy in fairness has blended rejects and freebies in to a hard to beat team tho not spectacular, a run of injuries could see you hit big trouble.

As for Ruddy he hasn`t looked interested all season and if he wishes to move on i will personally drive him to his new club !!!

I simply cannot stand posters like you Portman (or should that be Portaloo) What makes you feel you have to contribute. The type of people who generally do this are short of intelligence or are locked in their bedrooms. I am sure you are not in that category, however:-

Arrogance? Arrogance? We take no lessons in that subject. Black and kettle immediately come to mind.

May I suggest you spend more time in encouraging your so called support to turn up at home games.

I have some good binner mates but if they had the attitude it seems you have they wouldn''t be mates any longer

PK, most of what you say is stating the bleedin'' obvious I''m afraid. There is an ever dwindling band of people on here who refuse to see what''s in front of them (the happy clappy brigade) but most of us are realists and, frankly, do not need you to tell us.As others have said, this season is far from done. If the board wake up, smell the coffee (or to be more accurate, the whiff of League One), get shot of Adams and some of the players who cannot be @rsed, we have enough about us to be challenge. TBH, your squad is pretty limited in quality, but you have a manager who has the happy knack of playing ugly and putting some wins together for a while. I''m by no means convinced that that is enough to get you promotion,. Don''t forget we were second not long ago. What''s happened in Oct/Nov shows just how quickly the wheels can come spectacularly off.The time to start gloating will be if and when you are in the top two on May  2nd.

I''d call it something different Mr angry. I must be a dinosaur, this must be a new type of supporter that happy claps our rivals.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]PK, most of what you say is stating the bleedin'' obvious I''m afraid. There is an ever dwindling band of people on here who refuse to see what''s in front of them (the happy clappy brigade) but most of us are realists and, frankly, do not need you to tell us.As others have said, this season is far from done. If the board wake up, smell the coffee (or to be more accurate, the whiff of League One), get shot of Adams and some of the players who cannot be @rsed, we have enough about us to be challenge. TBH, your squad is pretty limited in quality, but you have a manager who has the happy knack of playing ugly and putting some wins together for a while. I''m by no means convinced that that is enough to get you promotion,. Don''t forget we were second not long ago. What''s happened in Oct/Nov shows just how quickly the wheels can come spectacularly off.The time to start gloating will be if and when you are in the top two on May  2nd.[/quote]I wouldn''t say I''m gloating, I know all to well that things can change very quickly, almost overnight.But I was simply struck by Adams'' post-match quotes last night, they really underlined how detached from reality your club has become.

[quote user="Divs crew"]Ok well can see why because its far better than twt, and ur still a w**ker and thats my right on my forum :-)[/quote]You can call me what you like, that''s fine. As I''ve said on here many times before, I only come on here to debate I don''t come in here and abuse, I''m a football fan first and foremost and debating with rival fans is what makes the sport go round.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Divs crew"]Ok well can see why because its far better than twt, and ur still a w**ker and thats my right on my forum :-)[/quote]You can call me what you like, that''s fine. As I''ve said on here many times before, I only come on here to debate I don''t come in here and abuse, I''m a football fan first and foremost and debating with rival fans is what makes the sport go round.[/quote]Funny how you went missing for 3 years....

And its pretty tinpot when all you can think of doing, when your team is doing well, is going on a rivals forum and acting like a smug, six fingered, sister toucher.

The last time we struggled we had scum fans gloating on here and idiots agreeing with them,. Since then they''ve been virtually silent thanks to our three years in the Prem. They said then the only thing that mattered was ''history'' but now it''s suddenly changed and it''s all about ''current form''. Let''s remind ourselves........http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/1/1686755/ShowPost.aspx#1686755"For the first time I''m looking at Ipswich and Norwich and not looking at two medium sized clubs, one of whom happens to be doing well, and one of whom happens to be doing badly. I now see one club who has had the great good fortune to be bankrolled by a very rich man who have clearly got excellent people at the top, and one who appear to be being run by well-meaning amateurs. And to my surprise it doesn''t give me great pleasure to say this.""I think I can sum it up though by the thought that Ipswich appear to be a club thinking big, and Norwich appear to be a club thinking small."Since then, three seasons in the prem and no debt and yet they''re still back here gloating. And there are still idiots agreeing with them. [:$]

"The only difference between Norwich and Ipswich is that they are still in the Championship!"

EGGY''s mastered the art of time travel...

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]PK, most of what you say is stating the bleedin'' obvious I''m afraid. There is an ever dwindling band of people on here who refuse to see what''s in front of them (the happy clappy brigade) but most of us are realists and, frankly, do not need you to tell us.As others have said, this season is far from done. If the board wake up, smell the coffee (or to be more accurate, the whiff of League One), get shot of Adams and some of the players who cannot be @rsed, we have enough about us to be challenge. TBH, your squad is pretty limited in quality, but you have a manager who has the happy knack of playing ugly and putting some wins together for a while. I''m by no means convinced that that is enough to get you promotion,. Don''t forget we were second not long ago. What''s happened in Oct/Nov shows just how quickly the wheels can come spectacularly off.The time to start gloating will be if and when you are in the top two on May  2nd.[/quote]I wouldn''t say I''m gloating, I know all to well that things can change very quickly, almost overnight.But I was simply struck by Adams'' post-match quotes last night, they really underlined how detached from reality your club has become.[/quote]I think his quotes may reflect his impression of placating fan expectations rather than his own. Things have gone a bit off the rails for us and obviously it''s having a bad effect on fragile confidence in the squad from relegation, which is driving the silly mistakes that are undoing us and that is being compounded by the attacks on them that will lead to the sort of siege mentality they had under Hughton, or maybe just handing in transfer requests in January. I certainly wouldn''t blame Ruddy for doing so after the abuse he has had the last few games.I think we''re imploding and it''s largely fan driven. If Adams is replaced and the replacement doesn''t have a long list of wins right at the outset then we''ll be on to the next one in short order as we continue our descent. Maybe when the fanbase is whittled down to a relatively small band of loyal supporters as yours at Ipswich has been and the glory hunters give up, we might have a chance of rebuilding. Realistically, it''s a major rebuild that we''re in at the moment, with a lot of trial and error, but there''s a prevailing view that there''s a right to expect victory week in week out in exchange for the price of a ticket. I''m surprised nobody has tried to sue the club under consumer rights legislation yet.

[quote user="littleyellowbirdie"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]PK, most of what you say is stating the bleedin'' obvious I''m afraid. There is an ever dwindling band of people on here who refuse to see what''s in front of them (the happy clappy brigade) but most of us are realists and, frankly, do not need you to tell us.As others have said, this season is far from done. If the board wake up, smell the coffee (or to be more accurate, the whiff of League One), get shot of Adams and some of the players who cannot be @rsed, we have enough about us to be challenge. TBH, your squad is pretty limited in quality, but you have a manager who has the happy knack of playing ugly and putting some wins together for a while. I''m by no means convinced that that is enough to get you promotion,. Don''t forget we were second not long ago. What''s happened in Oct/Nov shows just how quickly the wheels can come spectacularly off.The time to start gloating will be if and when you are in the top two on May  2nd.[/quote]I wouldn''t say I''m gloating, I know all to well that things can change very quickly, almost overnight.But I was simply struck by Adams'' post-match quotes last night, they really underlined how detached from reality your club has become.[/quote]I think his quotes may reflect his impression of placating fan expectations rather than his own. Things have gone a bit off the rails for us and obviously it''s having a bad effect on fragile confidence in the squad from relegation, which is driving the silly mistakes that are undoing us and that is being compounded by the attacks on them that will lead to the sort of siege mentality they had under Hughton, or maybe just handing in transfer requests in January. I certainly wouldn''t blame Ruddy for doing so after the abuse he has had the last few games.I think we''re imploding and it''s largely fan driven. If Adams is replaced and the replacement doesn''t have a long list of wins right at the outset then we''ll be on to the next one in short order as we continue our descent. Maybe when the fanbase is whittled down to a relatively small band of loyal supporters as yours at Ipswich has been and the glory hunters give up, we might have a chance of rebuilding. Realistically, it''s a major rebuild that we''re in at the moment, with a lot of trial and error, but there''s a prevailing view that there''s a right to expect victory week in week out in exchange for the price of a ticket. I''m surprised nobody has tried to sue the club under consumer rights legislation yet.[/quote]On your last point, that''s the unfortunate reality of the Premier League. It encourages greed, fans lose sight of the bigger picture etc etc.The fact not many sides DO bounce back immediately from top flight relegation is due to the fact players have had a taste of the big time and lose heart/loyalty. Unfortunately, with the big bucks on offer it''s unsurprising that players who have experienced the top flight will want to cling on to that calibre of wage for as long as possible.

Thats it, ignore the hard questions.If you were truly here for debate, instead of just being a bit of a d1ck, then you wouldn''t have gone missing.