Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Angry fans shouting abuse at McNally

[quote user="ricardo"][As per usual you just can''t help yourself misrepresenting me with highly selective quotes.

[/quote]Not misrepresenting at all, Ricky. I selected a direct quote from a posting you made midweek last week. In fairness I guess it depends on what your definition  of '' a long way '' is, but I''d suggest it is more than one 90 minute performance?Anyone at the Brighton game , reading the media and talking to fellow fans could see that things were becoming very frayed. I can see why you might wish to gloss over it for unity''s sake, but most of us knew that once we went behind yesterday things would kick off.

Here is my exact quote from "The Adams must stay" thread on Thursday, Reggie.Adam''s has the confidence of the Board and he has lost neither the crowd nor the team...................yet.When

and if he does I will be the first to let you know. If there is a

sudden dramatic loss things can change very quickly but we haven''t had

that yet. Barring something catastrophic my thoughts are that Adams will

still be in charge at the start of the new year.

We had something catastrophic yesterday.Now tell me I called it wrong.

The fans around me had all made their minds up during the Brighton game. Thought one guy was going to get kicked out because he was being so vocal and abusive towards Adams.

[quote user="Herman "]No you didn''t Reggie. [/quote]Just shows how little you read and pay attention then Herman ?I joined in 2006, which you''ll notice (the date on my i.d. is a bit of a giveaway....). Yes I did post some pretty negative stuff in the runup to Lge One, but posted as positively as the next man during the Lambert era (though I will concede not as regularly).Still, I did not realise that it was obligatory to gain permission from the likes of you and Morty before one is allowed to post on a subject of our choice on here. I''ll have to bear that in mind in future.

[quote user="JF"]The fans around me had all made their minds up during the Brighton game. Thought one guy was going to get kicked out because he was being so vocal and abusive towards Adams.[/quote]Yes, there were a few boo''s and a certain level of discontent but nowhere near the level to shift a manager. Indeed, we had an AGM since then and again only a mild level of discontent at that meeting. Had we won yesterday we wouldn''t be having this discussion. Its events that change things and yesterday was certainly the event that I had in mind.When the crowd turns its unmistakeable. It didn''t happen after the Brighton game, but it did yesterday.

[quote user="ricardo"]Here is my exact quote from "The Adams must stay" thread on Thursday, Reggie.Adam''s has the confidence of the Board and he has lost neither the crowd nor the team...................yet.When

We had something catastrophic yesterday.Now tell me I called it wrong.[/quote]Alternatively, we could look at what you said in the ''how bad does it have to get'' thread on 23 Nov......... (fair enough ,it was a bit before midweek !)------------------------------------------------------------------You obviously don''t attend CR. We are still a long long way from

the fans turning. It may happen but I see no sign at present and unless

there is some spectacular home defeat before Xmas, I expect Neil Adams

will still be here for the start of the new year.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------Was yesterdays home defeat spectacular enough, Ricardo ?You tell me ......

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="ricardo"]Here is my exact quote from "The Adams must stay" thread on Thursday, Reggie.Adam''s has the confidence of the Board and he has lost neither the crowd nor the team...................yet.When

We had something catastrophic yesterday.Now tell me I called it wrong.[/quote]Alternatively, we could look at what you said in the ''how bad does it have to get'' thread on 23 Nov......... (fair enough ,it was a bit before midweek !)------------------------------------------------------------------You obviously don''t attend CR. We are still a long long way from

the fans turning. It may happen but I see no sign at present and unless

there is some spectacular home defeat before Xmas, I expect Neil Adams

will still be here for the start of the new year.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------Was yesterdays home defeat spectacular enough, Ricardo ?You tell me ......[/quote]If you''d read my report you''d know the answer Reggie.If you''d been at CR at 4.55pm you''d have known it too, along with 26k others.Yesterday was Adams Worthy/Burnley and Hughtons/WBA.

[quote user="morty"]Awwww, does Reggie need some morty attention?[:(][/quote]Morty, you are apparently new to this forum. We don''t do personal abuse here, even in the seemingly harmless form of heavy-handed sarcasm. For all I know you may have picked up some bad habits elsewhere. I gather there are other forums, although why I cannot imagine. But this site is and always has been a haven of rational and courteous debate. Kindly respect that.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"]Awwww, does Reggie need some morty attention?[:(][/quote]Morty, you are apparently new to this forum. We don''t do personal abuse here, even in the seemingly harmless form of heavy-handed sarcasm. For all I know you may have picked up some bad habits elsewhere. I gather there are other forums, although why I cannot imagine. But this site is and always has been a haven of rational and courteous debate. Kindly respect that.[/quote]

[:D] .............................

....................lol

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"]Awwww, does Reggie need some morty attention?[:(][/quote]Morty, you are apparently new to this forum. We don''t do personal abuse here, even in the seemingly harmless form of heavy-handed sarcasm. For all I know you may have picked up some bad habits elsewhere. I gather there are other forums, although why I cannot imagine. But this site is and always has been a haven of rational and courteous debate. Kindly respect that.[/quote]Yes this is all new to me, thank you for your kind advice.Can you settle an argument, who is more of a victim, Reggie or Lakey?Or are they the same person?

I''ll be the first to stick up for old Morticia.Some of the ill informed  guff  he writes does provide amusement to help pass away a dull Sunday afternoon.I do take your point, btw, Ricardo. But you claimed I''d misquoted you . At the risk of being a ''victim'' (whatever that is), all I was doing was to show you I had not.

Hmmm, Reggie can''t admit he is ever wrong either.This Lakey / Reggie same person theory may not be so crazy....

[quote user="morty"]Hmmm, Reggie can''t admit he is ever wrong either.This Lakey / Reggie same person theory may not be so crazy....[/quote]Blimey. A few days ago Lakey and I were accused of having a ''love in'' . It might have been by you. I really cannot be @rsed even on a dull Sunday to look it up.Now , evidently we are one and the same person.Inconsistency, even by your own spectacular standards.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I''m still struggling why there''s only a limited amount can be posted after wins and apparently limitless after defeats...[/quote]
Perhaps rather than your ludicrous conspiracy theories, many fans are content when we win and are doing well, but use this site as somewhere to to vent when we lose or are massively underachieving - like now.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]I''ll be the first to stick up for old Morticia.Some of the ill informed  guff  he writes does provide amusement to help pass away a dull Sunday afternoon.I do take your point, btw, Ricardo. But you claimed I''d misquoted you . At the risk of being a ''victim'' (whatever that is), all I was doing was to show you I had not.[/quote]I didn''t claim that you misquoted me Reg. What I said was at the time I posted, a tipping point had not been reached. It was self evident that the crowd had not turned after the Brighton game and that by the Tuesday evening it was still obvious that he retained the confidence of the Board. I thought I had made it perfectly clear in subsequent posts that it would require another bad "event" before that changed. IMO yesterday was the event that I had hoped would not occur. Usually managers never survive something like that.If Phelan had not just arrived I think Adams would already be gone. If he survives this weekend it will be because the Board feel they should give the new set up a chance. Personally I would love to see it work but I think it would be an almost impossible effort to get the fans back on side.I know its cruel, and I like Neil Adams just as I have liked many City managers in the past but we all must accept that results are the be all and end all of their tenure. No matter how pleasant some of our football has been on the eye, the results have just not measured up.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"]I''m still struggling why there''s only a limited amount can be posted after wins and apparently limitless after defeats...[/quote]
Perhaps rather than your ludicrous conspiracy theories, many fans are content when we win and are doing well, but use this site as somewhere to to vent when we lose or are massively underachieving - like now.
[/quote]After his 26k+ postings, I have to admit that I am struggling to comprehend why Nige finds your explanation so difficult to fathom out, CJF.It''s the same way why newspapers sell a lot more copy when there''s a bad news story than all good news.Not that difficult a concept to grasp, surely, NN ?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I''m still struggling why there''s only a limited amount can be posted after wins and apparently limitless after defeats...[/quote]

You long experience should have told you that City fans love to wallow in misery. Lambert years only come along once in a lifetime, much of the rest is dross.

That''s what Ithought Foggy. Which is why i was struggling to understand why there should be less to post about when we win. Basically people are moved to post in adversity. But why?

[quote user="ricardo"]I didn''t claim that you misquoted me Reg. What I said was at the time I posted, a tipping point had not been reached. It was self evident that the crowd had not turned after the Brighton game and that by the Tuesday evening it was still obvious that he retained the confidence of the Board. I thought I had made it perfectly clear in subsequent posts that it would require another bad "event" before that changed. IMO yesterday was the event that I had hoped would not occur. Usually managers never survive something like that.If Phelan had not just arrived I think Adams would already be gone. If he survives this weekend it will be because the Board feel they should give the new set up a chance. Personally I would love to see it work but I think it would be an almost impossible effort to get the fans back on side.I know its cruel, and I like Neil Adams just as I have liked many City managers in the past but we all must accept that results are the be all and end all of their tenure. No matter how pleasant some of our football has been on the eye, the results have just not measured up. [/quote]Well, Rick, I''m not going to go down the rather tedious route of arguing over meanings of words etc. Too many column inches have been wasted on here over that.So........as you are a man who likes clarity, it''s cards on the table time. In the above, you''ve hedged around things a bit.Do you personally believe that, after yesterday''s events, Neil Adams will still be our manager at the DW on Saturday ?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="ricardo"]I didn''t claim that you misquoted me Reg. What I said was at the time I posted, a tipping point had not been reached. It was self evident that the crowd had not turned after the Brighton game and that by the Tuesday evening it was still obvious that he retained the confidence of the Board. I thought I had made it perfectly clear in subsequent posts that it would require another bad "event" before that changed. IMO yesterday was the event that I had hoped would not occur. Usually managers never survive something like that.If Phelan had not just arrived I think Adams would already be gone. If he survives this weekend it will be because the Board feel they should give the new set up a chance. Personally I would love to see it work but I think it would be an almost impossible effort to get the fans back on side.I know its cruel, and I like Neil Adams just as I have liked many City managers in the past but we all must accept that results are the be all and end all of their tenure. No matter how pleasant some of our football has been on the eye, the results have just not measured up. [/quote]Well, Rick, I''m not going to go down the rather tedious route of arguing over meanings of words etc. Too many column inches have been wasted on here over that.So........as you are a man who likes clarity, it''s cards on the table time. In the above, you''ve hedged around things a bit.Do you personally believe that, after yesterday''s events, Neil Adams will still be our manager at the DW on Saturday ?[/quote]In normal circumstances he would be gone by Monday and I confess surprise that the axe hasn''t been wielded. If we get through Monday with nothing happening then he will be still in place at the DW.I can''t second guess the Board but I wonder if they will wait a little longer in view of Phelan''s appointment. The longer it goes on the more that scenario becomes favourite. If anybody offered me even money either way I would be inclined to keep my money in my pocket. If forced at the point of a gun I would say "gone".

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]McNally got a p45 from both Celtic and Fulham....remind me again why we got excited when he came here?Taxi for Dave...[/quote]

This would be an inspired move with the Messiah on a sticky wicket at the Villa and McNasty out the way then I can see a return on the cards

Fair enough, Rick. Quite clear, and certainly as specific as you can be under the circumstances.I take a slightly different stance. I''m afraid that all the evidence from past events points towards yet more dithering by this board. If the axe is wielded tomorrow then I''ll be the first to hold my hands up, and you can hold me to that !

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Fair enough, Rick. Quite clear, and certainly as specific as you can be under the circumstances.I take a slightly different stance. I''m afraid that all the evidence from past events points towards yet more dithering by this board. If the axe is wielded tomorrow then I''ll be the first to hold my hands up, and you can hold me to that ![/quote]If I recall correctly Reg, it was Sunday night before we knew that Hughton had gone.I wonder if anybody can tell us if the lights are still on at CR.

[quote user="morty"]But won''t admit I was actually wrong...[/quote]Do we have a collector''s item here ?Morty at least entertaining the possibility he''s wrong ?Nah....thought not.

I''ll give you a clue Reggie.It rhymes with "Sock" and you will find it in a Gentleman''s underpants.