Sign in to follow this  
STAN

Ruddys Tweet

To John Ruddy ( if he''s reading....I hope he''s not ):

John, you have been loyal to Norwich when you probably had opportunities to move. Regardless, when we are going through a spell like this we need one or two leaders to step up their game and encourage others with less seniority/experience to follow suit. You are one of the people I would say is best qualified to be such a leader. You did not appear to "be at the races" today and your flapping at the ball which gave Reading their second goal had the affect on the team as if a spike ( never mind a pin ) had pierced a balloon and the deflation throughout the team was obvious. You were very fortunate that a second "miss" did not occur.That happens. I don''t have a big problem with that other than the timing could not have been worse. However, for you to then go on to social media with such an approach means you are not putting your "personal hurt" into perspective and you need to man up, as we all do when we make bad mistakes. Be thankful Roy Hodgson wasn''t present to see how things went down. Now, please, lets get busy on the training ground and you play the role that you are capable of.

Very well said Yankee, I am not even sure the ironic cheers were aimed specifically at him, but more at the team for managing to defend a corner. Even with a 40% wage cut I suspect John Ruddy is earning good money, lucky him, Some loyal NCFC staff members were sacked through no fault of their own as a result of our relegation from the Premiership, Ruddy would do well to think about that before his "bleat" (sorry "tweet")....

I agree SOB but Ruddy may not. Its just human nature to feel resentful in those circumstances. I worry that there may be a split where the new signings are on the best contracts they''ve ever had while the ''old boys'' are a bit miffed about a pay cut. However not many of them would get a better deal elsewhere.

Again I agree SOB. Im not suggesting his pay cut was wrong but human nature is what it is. I seem to remember Ruddy''s altercation with the fans last season involved him telling them what the players stood to lose by relegation.....

If a player has a go at their own fans after a poor showing, then it''s goodbye! They have to admit their poor showings.

Ruddy has let himself down with, despite 5 years. Man up or sod off in this instance, keepers can be replaced. Admit fault for once and not point blame elsewhere!!!

Ironic cheers = wrong

Ruddy''s Twitter = wrong

There are clearly serious issues behind the scenes at the club that are impacting on a quality squad playing like a load of muppets..........it needs sorting out....

The first easy step......remove Neil before it gets nasty.

I did chuckle Bor, but once again this has only proved that footballers should keep their opinions off Twitter, especially in the aftermath of games. It''s good to see he''s hurting though, at least he cares in that respect. The whole squad need to up their game and do it soon.

This season at CR we have seen some wonderful goalkeeping displays, sadly always for the other team. But it proves there are some great keeps at this level.

After the ironic cheers and his silly tweet, is there anyway back for him.

Further more has NA the guts to drop him?

He needs to lose some weight and try and get back to his previous best (before his injury when we played Man U/Everton). I imagine Dave Watson worked him harder than he liked and now he probably gets chance to slack off more. Watson is known for demanding training sessions and I bet Ruddy was glad to see the back of him. It''s a shame because he looks so much slower and less agile now.

[quote user="York Canary"]I imagine Dave Watson worked him harder than he liked and now he probably gets chance to slack off more. Watson is known for demanding training sessions and I bet Ruddy was glad to see the back of him.[/quote]What leads you to suggest our first choice goalkeeper doesn''t like hard work?

One aspect to this is what Declan Rudd''s mindset must be at the moment. Despite rave reviews from PNE fans, he came back here to fight for his place. By common consent, Ruddy is having a ''mare right now, so how does that make Declan feel that , despite this, he''s still a bench warmer. Far better keepers than Ruddy have been dropped due to poor form (witness Joe Hart last season), so why not ?Of course it applies to numerous positions currently (eg what do Cuellar and Miquel have to do to get a game ?), but this thread referred specifically to Ruddy.

[quote user="Buh"]The way a certain section of our fans treated ruddy today was total bulls4it. Stupid old fuc4s that want nothing but to see this club fail

Hope they didn''t get their flu jabs[/quote]

You are a twa* . See their club fail. Whatever meds are you on now.

"Whatever meds are you on now."

I don''t think he''s been taking them and that''s the problem.[:)]

well done fans.. force him out of the club...Perhaps Mark Bunn can come in from the cold.. after all.. he''ll take us up!?!

[quote user="Derby Canary"]Have a look at some videos of Kevin Keelan Mr Ruddy.Now that was a goalkeeper that earned his money........every week![/quote]

Here, here

Ruddy is well down the list of top keepers at this club over the years.

On the odd occasion when I look at twitter, I see Redmonds posts are a little disconcerting:

"Things have changed from back in the days & that''s why change is due"

today:

"Sometimes I feel like I threw the perfect relationship in the bin, but I''m a big man with facial hair & a beard so I take it on the chin."

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 03/12/2014 11:02 PM:

On the odd occasion when I look at twitter, I see Redmonds posts are a little disconcerting:

"Things have changed from back in the days & that''s why change is due"

today:

"Sometimes I feel like I threw the perfect relationship in the bin, but I''m a big man with facial hair & a beard so I take it on the chin."

I think there is a subliminal message in there, what''s he really trying to say about Adams? Mmmmm