Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

The Ricky Pic on the Front Page

I don''t know who to be most frustrated at to be honest. I''m happy for him it''s going well as he seems a genuine guy in amongst a very egoistical world of footballers but it''s annoying to think what could/should have been.

Is it him as he in some peoples eyes didn''t do enough? Is it Hughton and his tactics? Is it other players for not producing enough like Elmander, Snodgrass and Redmond? or is it the board for not being ambitious enough to push the boat out for that last crucial signing instead of plumping for Elmander? It''s complete speculation now but it''s incredibly frustrating with us sat in 11th in freefall and Ricky firing St Etienne to next seasons champions league!

When I saw the thread title I thought it would turn out to be a photo of Ricky Knight in his Gooner shirt. [:P][;)]

well i wouldn''t exactly say he''s ''firing them to the Champions League'', he''s only scored 3 goals. But i see your point.

it does seem a strange situation for a club to be struggling so badly in the 2nd division, and having one of their own players in the top tier abroad playing very well. I''d love to see him come back and play for us, but i''ve accepted for a long time now its never going to happen for him in a yellow shirt.

Well he scored before he came to us and is scoring now he''s left us, I guess you draw your own conclusions.

Personally I think the centre of the park for us is our weakness.

I want to see O''Neill deployed as quick as poss, Johnson and Howson dropped for a bit.

Howson has been good in my opinion. RVW has 4 goals in all comps now btw, that''s a 400% increase on his return for us and with less than half the season gone!

That''s still not a great return in a very weak leagues'' version of Tottenham/Everton. The problem is he''s not very good and neither have we been since he signed . We''re not missing much and neither is he. Best to hope he hits at least 10 so they take him off our hands

[quote user="Downloads"]Well he scored before he came to us and is scoring now he''s left us, I guess you draw your own conclusions.

Personally I think the centre of the park for us is our weakness.

I want to see O''Neill deployed as quick as poss, Johnson and Howson dropped for a bit.[/quote]

I''ve been saying the same since we first went up with Lambert. I don''t rate any of our regular CM''s we''ve had in the last 5 or so years as Prem quality and only really Fer, Howson and Johnson when on their game are really good enough to play in this league.

Not only that but we''ve never had any pace, power, movement or fluidity from any of our center mids. I''m hoping O''Neill and Ofoe come in and form a partnership because by this point I am so far beyond sick to the back teeth of different combos of Johnson/Howson/Tetty

[quote user="Jacks Back"]well i wouldn''t exactly say he''s ''firing them to the Champions League'', he''s only scored 3 goals. But i see your point.

it does seem a strange situation for a club to be struggling so badly in the 2nd division, and having one of their own players in the top tier abroad playing very well. I''d love to see him come back and play for us, but i''ve accepted for a long time now its never going to happen for him in a yellow shirt.[/quote]It''s not just Ricky performing now he''s left is it though? Jacob Murphy is doing well in a poor Blackpool side, Bassong seems to have got his form back playing for Watford and when Lafferty pulls on a Northern Ireland shirt he starts banging them in for fun. Surely it''s just a coincidence though that all of these players start to do well when nowhere near the Norwich side.

I just think CH did not know how to use him.

He''s a six yard box poacher, and if used as such will probably get you 15+ goals a season.

But he needs a target man to play off and a mid - field that will give him the ball in the right areas, and CH''s team weren''t set up to do that.

Good luck to the lad, hope his career recovers.

CH signed players without having any idea how they play. Either that or he was very stupid.

His goal was an open goal tap in as was the previous goal I saw him score. I suppose even that is an improvement on his time with us when he would have missed said tap ins but scoring from 3 yards for a decent team in a relatively weak league does not make him one of Europes top strikers!

He''s still not done enough to suggest he''d have scored any more than Jerome..or Grabban for that matter.

I wouldn''t underestimate scoring tap ins. He''s shown the initiative to get in the right place at the right time. Something Adams is supposedly trying to train Redmond to do at the moment.

I think with us constantly on the back foot and pretty slow to break, Ricky didn''t get many chances of a tap in!

Thing with Hughton is that he should have signed players for the formation, not the other way round. Having Elmander as our only bit of muscle up front last year was suicidal.