Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

Predictions for Season ticket renewals

It is my opinion that most fans are now at breaking point. Especially when tickets are now available on match days for HALF price of what a season ticket game costs.

I don''t see many renewing next season if we remain in the championship at the current price.

So what does everyone believe the number of renewals will be?

I am going to predict a drop down to 10-11K renewals.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]I live closer so I predict we have some loyal fans so would expect the same as this year, it''s not all about being there during the good times.[/quote]

What a surprise the first post is from someone claiming to be holier than though!!

Fact is everything has a price. People have been forced to hold one for years due to the fact Match day tickets were a non entity and there was a large waiting list for them.

Fact also is that season ticket holders are turning up to games and seeing people picking and choosing their games and paying half price of Face value the demand is so decreasing.

Therefore people will be able to pick and choose and save money.

Therefore its not a case of being a better fan its a fact people can save money and attend as they wish!

Not holier than thou, and of course people will choose games as they always have but in my opinion I thing fans will continue to go as Season tickets are still the best value over the coarse of a season.

If I lived away from Norfolk I would certainly think twice about the value, but as I don''t and live local my commitment to home games is not as great as the OP ie giving up a weekend day and the extra costs involved. and I think the "majority" of season ticket holders fall into this category.

I felt the OP was yet another dig at the club and was a bit fair weather that''s all (oh and that''s only my opinion as well)

Well its my opinion that there are a lot of people who have season tickets who don''t really want them in the champs. The only reason we didn''t get threads like this last season because having a season ticket guaranteed a seat for man utd, Chelsea etc. Its also my opinion that the atmosphere would be better if there weren''t so many people in the stadium who didn''t really want to be there. Think back to that famous 4-4 against Boro and how the atmosphere was so much better after a couple of thousand left!

Areyou renewing OP? I am :)

One game was half price, a season ticket is still massively cheaper than casual match tickets over the course of the season.

I predict that the renewal rate will be very similar to this season, we''re a very loyal bunch of fans who will renew for the Premier League, Championship or League One.

Will be very interesting to see how they pitch the ST prices this year and when they launch the renewal process.

If we are still in with a shout of going up then I do not expect levels to drop too much because people know that once you relinquish your ST its hard to get one again (or at least a decent seat) if we start doing well.

I will renew but its becoming more and more of a dilemma for me as I live a 3 hour drive from Carrow Road and have 2 young children who are not really old enough yet to go with me regularly. I don;t get to as many home games as i used to but can''t quite bring myself to give up the old ST.

If we remain in the Championship we may well lose a thousand or two but nowhere near the 10 to 11 thousand predicted by the OP. That is ridiculous.

I tend to agree that only a very small proportion of season ticket holders will fail to renew. Frustration, however, is, in my view, greater this season than in previous relegations due to (I) the fact that had the board acted by last Christmas we would likely still in the PL today and (II) had an experienced manager been appointed we would likely be sitting above Ipswich in the league today and not looking nervously at league one again (where the season ticket sales also held up really well). In other words, I would characterise our support as both resilient but, at the same time, deeply frustrated at the moment.

[quote user="The recurring 5 year plan"] So what does everyone believe the number of renewals will be?

I am going to predict a drop down to 10-11K renewals.[/quote]Laughable.Sure to be more than 20k.

We did alright in league 1, so i''d imagine that we''ll get a fair amount of season ticket holders still. The tickets will no doubt be cheaper though.

We''ll still sell out the season ticket allocation whatever happens this season simply because the holders are too simple to realise what you are being served up is second rate rubbish football.

I gave mine up after the 2005 relegation had no problems getting tickets for all but Chelsea and Arsenal. Never considered going to matches where we had little chance of being competitive.

If the number of season ticket holders didn''t ensure games exceeded 90% capacity the Board would be more focussed and act proactively more rapidly in the clubs interest.

If we had 30K capacity the number of season ticket holders would drop as seats would be guaranteed.

The clubs problems although caused by the Board, the reasons can be laid at the doors of the feeble minded season ticket holders who renew each year out of fear.

Well if you went to all but Chelsea and Arsenal. And tried to go to them too. Whatever did you give up your season ticket for?

I think we''ll still get near enough just as much as we normally do, we did (i think, correct me if i''m wrong) when we went down to L1 with bryan gunn as manager.

Some of you younger supporters may find it hard to believe but my first season at Carrow Road the attendances ranged from 10,000 to 42,000. Lower capacity, all seater stadiums and our desire for season tickets means we shall never see such a range again.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Some of you younger supporters may find it hard to believe but my first season at Carrow Road the attendances ranged from 10,000 to 42,000. Lower capacity, all seater stadiums and our desire for season tickets means we shall never see such a range again.

[/quote]We will never see 40k again.There have only ever been four if them.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

We will never see 40k again.

There have only ever been four if them.
[/quote]

Never is a long time Ricardo, even in today''s crazy world.

I will renew as long as it doesn''t look like premier league football next season. I''m still loving the thought of going into games with a good chance of winning,yes,even now. Hate the premier League and everything it stands for.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

We will never see 40k again.There have only ever been four if them.[/quote]

Never is a long time Ricardo, even in today''s crazy world.

[/quote]

Lets put it this way then........

You and I will never live to see another one.[Y]

[quote user="nulli secundus"]I will renew as long as it doesn''t look like premier league football next season. I''m still loving the thought of going into games with a good chance of winning,yes,even now. Hate the premier League and everything it stands for.[/quote]
I will renew whatever league we''re in because couldn''t imagine life without watching my beloved Norwich City but like you I also hate the Premium league and all it stands for.

I know plenty of people that will not be renewing, some have already left due to the price this season.

They were there in League 1 too. I gave mine up a few years back due to getting married and as you say a game taking up a whole weekend.

The final straw for me was setting off at 8am of Liverpool game a few season back when they were on a terrible run. I got stuck in loads of traffic and arrived at County hall at 2.40pm only for signs being outside saying full!! I then parked up and sprinted to just make kick off.

We was 3 down in about 10mins and game over. Think we lost 5-1. I returned to my car with a £60 parking ticket. Sign was about the size of a postage stamp saying you could not park there!!

I then had a miserable drive home of about 5hrs.

I believe 10-11k may be a bit low. However I do believe a massive drop is coming. There was a few thousand on a waiting list a few years ago and they have all gone now.

The prices against the dross being served up is not acceptable to many. The board are out of touch with the fans, hence they stick and appoint managers the fans clearly don''t want. They are too comfortable and are returning to old ways. I think they may get a rocket up their Arris this year!

its just my opinion but I reckon the club (and probably every other club too) don''t actually care how many season tickets they sell.

Money comes from sponsorship and TV now, Pies and fizzy and a bum on the seat are probably marginal figures on a balance sheet.. I don''t see the annual accounts but can anyone work out what the cost of tickets (both casual and season tickets) actually brings to the club?

I''d bet there are some sides who could play in an empty stadium every single week and not care.

There won''t be a massive drop as the OP seems to think there will be.

I won''t give up my season ticket because we don''t get promoted this season.

Thankfully, the majority of our support aren''t glory hunting planks and will instead continue to support the team.

You''re perfectly entitled to throw in the "I gave up my season ticket because I don''t like how things are going and how things are being run".

Does it make you a worse fan?

Probably.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]its just my opinion but I reckon the club (and probably every other club too) don''t actually care how many season tickets they sell.

Money comes from sponsorship and TV now,
Pies and fizzy and a bum on the seat are probably marginal figures on a balance sheet.. I don''t see the annual accounts but can anyone work out what the cost of tickets (both casual and season tickets) actually brings to the club?

I''d bet there are some sides who could play in an empty stadium every single week and not care.[/quote]Not where we are now, in the Championship. The last time we were in this division TV brought in about £5m and ticket sales more than £8m. And the higher the attendances the more you get from catering and commercial.