Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Don't want to Rush them Back

The injured trio, I think perhaps we need to get a couple of them at least back into the starting 11, Ryan Bennett in particular. If we have another game having to see either Hooiveld or Whittaker lining up I think I might be sick!

Wes also needs to come back and play that role just off the left he was doing well in before his injury so we can stop playing lafferty out of position (at least I hope that''s him out of position or else we have ourselves a £4m dud!)

Did Lafferty really cost £4 million though? The fee was undisclosed and personally I think not.

Lafferty has played most of his club career in that position but don''t let the facts get in the way of things. Also regarding Whittaker, you want to compare the goals he''s cost us compared to Olsson? Again, probably shouldn''t let the facts get in the way of your vendetta.

They''ve trained all week so if they are all  deemed 100% fit  on Sat morning I''d like to see Ryan Bennett start and Wes on the bench.

[quote user="cityangel"]They''ve trained all week so if they are all  deemed 100% fit  on Sat morning I''d like to see Ryan Bennett start and Wes on the bench.
[/quote]Bennett won''t start, theres no way he''d last 90 minutes after being out as long as he has been.

Yup, the stick Whittaker takes is ridiculous. He''s really no worse than the likes of Olsson and Martin.

Take him out of the team and we can still be a mess defensively. It''s just got to the stage where people have decided he''s had a bad game before the match has even started. I''m not saying he''s been great but I struggle to see what anyone else does that is better.

This season there''s been times where Turner looks like he''s the only one who knows how to defend and even he''s let his standards drop a bit recently. But then maybe that was going to happen with him having to carry the defence, play with different partners and often play on his weaker side.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]They''ve trained all week so if they are all  deemed 100% fit  on Sat morning I''d like to see Ryan Bennett start and Wes on the bench.
[/quote]Bennett won''t start, theres no way he''d last 90 minutes after being out as long as he has been.[/quote]
Has he not played any under 21 games these past couple of weeks?

To be honest I would be tempted to give garrido a run out as well. He''s far more reliable than olsson especially at the moment. Olsson on his day is a class act but he''s off form as many players are. Ideally wed go martin, bennett, turner, garrido.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]They''ve trained all week so if they are all  deemed 100% fit  on Sat morning I''d like to see Ryan Bennett start and Wes on the bench.
[/quote]Bennett won''t start, theres no way he''d last 90 minutes after being out as long as he has been.[/quote]
[/quote]No.He was scheduled to play one at the beginning of the week, but they decided against it.

I know this won''t be overly popular but I don''t think Bennett is really going to do much more for us than Hooiveld or Cuellar could..

Though I hope I''m wrong and he improves us significantly... but nothing he'' done so far in his almost 3 years at the club points to it.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]They''ve trained all week so if they are all  deemed 100% fit  on Sat morning I''d like to see Ryan Bennett start and Wes on the bench.
[/quote]No.He was scheduled to play one at the beginning of the week, but they decided against it.[/quote]
In that case guess a place on the bench is the most we can expect for him. Im hoping with Phelan''s influence this week that we will see some changes though.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]They''ve trained all week so if they are all  deemed 100% fit  on Sat morning I''d like to see Ryan Bennett start and Wes on the bench.
[/quote]No.He was scheduled to play one at the beginning of the week, but they decided against it.[/quote]
In that case guess a place on the bench is the most we can expect for him. Im hoping with Phelan''s influence this week that we will see some changes though.
[/quote]I doubt he''d even make the bench, he has been out 10 or 11 weeks. Hopefully the changes will be in attitude and application, I don''t think theres a lot wrong with the actual players that have been picked in recent weeks.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]The injured trio, I think perhaps we need to get a couple of them at least back into the starting 11, Ryan Bennett in particular. If we have another game having to see either Hooiveld or Whittaker lining up I think I might be sick!

Wes also needs to come back and play that role just off the left he was doing well in before his injury so we can stop playing lafferty out of position (at least I hope that''s him out of position or else we have ourselves a £4m dud!)[/quote]

An astute peice of man management by our manager.